Reviews by splashdownunder

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

When I smell Acqua di Giò, I think of a hot Italian model climbing out of the ocean onto a beautiful white sand beach. Oh, wait a minute, that's an ad. But it's a mark of their advertising that it's pretty hard to separate the idea of this cologne from the way it's been marketed. I'd almost say that this is a generic scent, but perhaps it was the one that started it all: a quick hit of sweetness but mostly marine, salt, mineral. I find it quite appealing. Doesn't seem to last long on my skin though.
04th February, 2016

Attimo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo

My better half likes this, but I couldn't get a handle on it. It smelt like the very first male colognes I encountered, somehow generic, a bit sweet but not in a floral, feminine way but not spicy in a particular way. Bland.
30th January, 2016

Heaven by Chopard

I went through three bottles of this last decade... and to tell the truth, I don't know why I liked it so much. The first bottle did seem unusual, and that I'd found my signature scent: bright and woodsy, less spicy than some of the other colognes I'd tried. But by the last bottle, I wondered if it had gone off or was counterfeit (it was so hard to find), as it had a non-descript chemical scent, not offensive, but lacking in appeal.
19th November, 2015

Fuel For Life pour Homme by Diesel

I didn't love it, and I don't think I hated it. There was always something off-putting about the sweet first blast (was that the raspberry and grapefruit?) but it seemed to settle into something else. Great marketing though, with the cloth condom, bold font and exploiting Diesel's brand and image; I was still waiting for that essence of sexy mechanic covered in grease and gasoline to come through... but it never did.
19th November, 2015