Reviews by JadainGA

Nirvana French Grey by Elizabeth and James

I am sampling French Grey right now, and really enjoying it! I do believe lavender is a note that I underappreciated until recently. This scent has nice, arms-length sillage, good longevity, and an unisex vibe that I like. Definitely full bottle worthy for me!
25th August, 2017

Green Tea Tropical by Elizabeth Arden

Fresh and clean....perfect in heat and humidity. Doesn't last long at all, but at this price, I don't mind reapplying as needed....

Sometimes on a sweltering hot day, this type of scent is the only thing I want to wear!
17th July, 2017

Kismet (new) by Lubin

Kismet is GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful drydown that lasts for hours....

A might bit pricey for my budget, but on the wishlist it goes anyway.... :)
22nd June, 2017

Coco Noir by Chanel

Sweet fancy Moses I LOVE this stuff! Longevity on my skin is forever, sillage is cozy and minimal, and the drydown is just heavenly.

A bit pricey, but I'm willing to save up for it..... :)
19th June, 2017

Fresh Couture by Moschino

I bought Fresh Couture for the packaging only. The juice is ho-hum and very standard fruity-floral, so nothing special...but it's perfectly wearable as a grab-and-go scent. I'm wearing it today, and 2 hours in it's nearly gone.

Good thing I bought it for the packaging! :)
01st May, 2017

DKNY Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by Donna Karan

You certainly can't compare the gazillons of DKNY apples out there with designer and niche scents, but for the money, this is pretty good stuff!

Lemon cream pie, but light and airy. When I spray, I get a blast of alcohol and "cheap perfume" notes, but it really does drydown quite nicely on my skin.

I bought this at a pretty good discount, and I'm happy to add it to my collection when I'm in the mood for a fun gourmandy scent!
15th March, 2017

Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé

Chloe Fleur is so similar to Chloe that I really can't tell much difference. I love the scent, but after 2 hours it's G-O-N-E. The original Chloe (2008) has much better projection and longevity.

Nice, but I'll stick to the original....Bummer too, because rice is my absolute FAVORITE note in perfume!
14th March, 2017

See Eau Fraîche by Chloé

I love this scent for work. It's light, crisp, and unlikely to offend. Sillage is confined to my personal zone, which is preferable in the office. Longevity is quite good!

Apple blossom goodness....
09th March, 2017

Replica Jazz Club by Martin Margiela

I can't believe how GLORIOUS this fragrance is! Jazz Club is beautiful stuff. Exactly how I would imagine a Jazz Club/Bar to smell....lot of boozy notes and that gorgeous tobacco base. It's marketed for men, but this is absolutely unisex. Sillage is very good, and it lasted a good 4 hours on my skin before it really started to mellow and fade a bit. I can still smell it on my jacket today, and it's sooooo good! I bought the travel spray (I always buy a small size to start), but this is absolutely full bottle worthy!
08th March, 2017

Divine Decadence by Marc Jacobs

This doesn't work on my skin AT ALL. Waaaaay too strong...just one spray is knocking me out. Will pass on this one....
19th February, 2017

Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

Meh. Just meh.

The opening is too syrupy sweet on my skin....strawberry jam, but not in a nice way.

But....the drydown is quite lovely, if not long lasting.

I received a bottle for Christmas, so I will wear it on occasion for a change of pace. Like it enough, but don't love it. This will be a winter scent for me; I can't imagine what the summer heat would do to this one! :)
28th December, 2016

Clean Air by Clean

There are days when I don't want to wear perfume. But there's never a day when I don't want to smell fresh and clean.

Clean Air is basic fresh, nothing more, nothing less. I layer it with Clean Skin most of the time, but it's also good on it's on.

It doesn't make a statement, and is unlikely to be noticed by anyone except...ME. It's that close to the skin. I like it! It is what it is!
13th December, 2016

Clean Cashmere by Clean

Sometimes I don't really want to make a statement with my scent, per se. Sometimes, I just want a fresh, clean smelling fragrance that is unlikely to offend anyone in a crowded room.

Clean Cashmere is perfect for the office, PTA meetings, or wherever else I find myself in close quarters. When I know that people will be present that don't like perfume (I have that situation at work!), when this is a good perfume to have. No sillage; I'm the only one who really notices it unless I get a hug! This is a cozy perfume that I wear just for me....
06th December, 2016

Crema di Latte by Hilde Soliani Profumi

This smells EXACTLY like Milkfuls Candy (a favorite candy of mine!), and I love it! Also smells like a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk, also a favorite. I will be so sad when my little sample is gone!

But...My hubby hates the smell. I wore just a dab to work, and 2 coworkers commented that they hate it too! LOL! Another coworker didn't hate it; but couldn't understand why I would want to smell like candy?

So..I can take the hint! This is a love or hate scent, so I won't wear it out anymore. I'll enjoy my little sample at home, and then look for the next great scent find! :)
28th October, 2016

Lovely Sheer by Sarah Jessica Parker

Lovely Sheer is EXACTLY what I hoped it would be: Just a lighter version of the original Lovely. I don't blind buy perfume very often, but I took a chance on this one. So glad I did!

The original Lovely is one of the very first perfumes I bought for myself many years ago, when I first started my perfume collection. It's still one of my absolute favorite scents, and I love the story behind it (SJP's vision for it). Sheer is just as nice, and will work at the office. LOVE IT!!!

PS. SHORT duration of wear. 3 hours and it's completely gone on my skin. But it's very inexpensive, so I can live with it!
23rd October, 2016

Orchid Soleil by Tom Ford

Can't handle this one.....Way too indolic on my skin. I'm getting moth balls, and they are loud! LOL Oh well, plenty of other Tom Fords that I do like! This one is a stinker on me!
21st October, 2016

Baptême du Feu by Serge Lutens

I'm really enjoying my sample, but unfortunately I don't get longevity at all....Pretty much gone by lunch time. I definitely get the burnt orange and the gingerbread and LOVE it! Will enjoy this over the holidays for sure!
20th October, 2016

cK one Summer 2016 by Calvin Klein

Wow...I bought this for $20, but I'm still disappointed! Doesn't last but a few minutes on my skin, and it's not really very interesting. Oh well....You win some, you lose some.... :)
17th October, 2016

Black by Bulgari

Love this one! So different...kind of edgy, definitely not one that everyone can pull off!
14th October, 2016

Innocent by Thierry Mugler

The original Angel is just too heavy on my skin....too strong, and almost distracting!

Angel Innocent is just right. It's a quieter Angel, which makes it day and office appropriate. Happy to have this one in my collection!
13th October, 2016

DKNY Sweet Delicious Pink Macaroon by Donna Karan

I bought this only because it was a super deal, and I do occasionally like a sweet foody fragrance. This one is both: super sweet, and definitely reminds me of a macaron. I don't love it, but I do like it, and will wear it when the mood hits. My 12 yr old daughter loves it and will wear it more often! :)
12th October, 2016

White Pepper Mandarin by Note Fragrances

I LOVE this scent!! Fresh and clean, but with a richness in the heart. Great for the office or anytime, really. Enjoying my sample and hoping to buy a full bottle at some point! :)
27th September, 2016

Lady Gaga Fame by Lady Gaga

I have to say....I really like Fame a LOT!! Enjoying it very much, 8 hours after applying! I paid $7.99 USD (basically free, LOL), and find this is a easy-to-wear, office friendly fruity floral. Nothing groundbreaking (except maybe the black juice), but quite pleasant to wear. Glad to have it in my collection...it will get a lot of use!
23rd August, 2016

Clean Skin by Clean

LOVE THIS ONE. LOVE!!!

Sometimes I don't want a statement perfume....I just want to smell nice. That's all I get from Clean Skin...a fresh, clean, completely natural smelling scent. Smells like I just got out of the shower; sometimes that's the only impression I want to leave!

18th August, 2016

Chloé (new) by Chloé

LOVE Chloe. It's one of my favorites....good for day, night, office and date night. Just the perfect blend of rose and lychee, without being too heavy. Definitely a re-purchase someday!
09th August, 2016

Green Tea Bamboo by Elizabeth Arden

Green Tea Bamboo gives a nice fresh and citrus pick-me-up, but it's GONE in less than an hour. Even from a EdT, I expect a little more longevity.

BUT....I bought this for less than $10 USD, so it's hard to complain at that price. Definitely an office friendly, fresh SUMMER scent that can be reapplied if needed.

I like it, but don't love it, so not a repurchase for me!
06th August, 2016

Born in Paradise by Escada

Nothing earth shattering about this one....nothing to write home about. BUT...sometimes all I want is a fresh, fruity summer scent, and Born in Paradise is that.

Perfect for the office...you can't offend anyone with this one! I get zero sillage, but I still enjoy it for a few hours before it fades to nothing. Not full bottle worthy (unless the price continues to drop!), but I'm enjoying my sample this summer! :)
27th July, 2016

Burberry Body by Burberry

Burberry Body is clean and fresh....perfect for the office.

It's nothing all that exciting or innovative, but sometimes I just want to smell nice...Perfume "statements" are not always appreciated in a busy office. This is perfectly nice!
21st July, 2016

Modern Muse by Estée Lauder

Everytime I wear Modern Muse, I love it more. This is my "I want to smell sophisticated today" perfume....I love it for work and daytime events.

Some white florals overwhelm me and put me in headache territory pretty quickly, but MM wears easily. Lasts all day too! Estee Lauder rarely makes a misstep in my book, and this one is a goodie!
30th June, 2016

J'Aime Les Fleurs by La Perla

I really enjoy J'Aime Les Fleurs! On my skin, the apple note is prominent, and the other fruit and flower notes are gentle in the background. Perfect for a hot, humid summer day, when heavier scents would overwhelm. This perfume is quite light and airy...I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite affordable too, which is always a plus!
25th June, 2016