Reviews by CocoFlanker

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

First time I tried this, I got it sprayed on my wrist right before a flight to Doha and, those 30 hours or so, with stops included, all I was thinking of was the GOOD SHOWER I was going to have when I landed to finally scrub that candy flowers off my being self. Crazy sillage. Violent opening. Bad experience.

Now, this spring -south hemisphere here- I got sick of wearing the same four fragrances I do around this time of the year (Miss Dior, Light Blue, Acqua di Gioia and J'adore) and wanted something... new. Out of those comfort-zone notes. That´s when the lady at the Guerlain counter approached with this pinkish juice I could almost recall I had a bad first encounter with.

Do not ask me why, but I absolutely LOVED the opening and could not stop sniffing my wrist for the next hours. Besides, I could catch a whif every now and then while shopping and deciding on the fragrance and another one -the latest Chance flanker. I eventually bought it. And Im loving it. New fave.
04th December, 2016

The One by Dolce & Gabbana

The One is one of the few scents in my collection that I can wear all year round. It is a light, cozy and seductive musky-vanilla scent with a hint of peach and jasmin.

Both of the later notes initially set me to wear this on colder months, for the warmth of these particular accord of fruity-florals, but then I tried this one on a very humid and hot wheather in Panama and the heat amps up the amber. Oh, such a delight.

While the most prominent note is the vanilla, it is not a gourmand, for it does not come as sweet, but rather warm and innoffensive, yet distintictive and sophisticated.

My skin chemistry does wonders with ambery fragrances and this one in particular lasts 24+ on me. I can still catch a whiff of it on a sweater or scarf. And the sillage is just perfect for this kind of scent.
14th May, 2016

DKNY Be Delicious by Donna Karan

This is the only fragrance I have yet been gifted twice and gave away -twice. And, last year I received a big sample with an order so I gave it another chance. Nope.

I can´t make the cucumber-magnolia accord work on me any better than I have tried. And it keeps coming back to me, like Annabelle.

It is indeed a refreshing scent, but unlike Light Blue, the apple note is too sweet for me to handle. I do like the men´s version though.
14th May, 2016

Amor Amor by Cacharel

What a delightful and bewitching nectar in such an ordinary bottle. It is impossible not to mention the packaging, though I would not conceive this fragrance in a heart shaped bottle. At least the name matches the juice.

Amor Amor has a shiny and fuzzy opening with soft notes of orange and berries, roses and jasmin, and finally unfolds beautifuly into a creamy vanilla and sandalwood, that crazily still feels fresh.

It smells heavenly. It has a cozy and uplifting mood at the same time and an innocent, yet sexy vibe. I find it more suitable for colder wheather and casual daytime, but it suits every time and venue.

Truly feminine, elegant, romantic, flirty and memorable scent-outstanding among other fruity-florals out there; with more than decent sillage and longevity considering it is an EDT.
13th May, 2016 (last edited: 14th May, 2016)

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

I love this one so much for it reminds me of the -RIP, mon chèrie- former Miss Dior Chèrie version which is now just Miss Dior EDP. Mostly for the strawberry note.

Playful and pleasing, but easy-to-wear, light floral with a tingy citrusy note and fresh strawberry.
27th April, 2016

La Nuit Trésor by Lancôme

OMG. I tried on this one yesterday because of the so many reiews around the web and I cannot stop sniffing my wrist, even after a shower and one layer of scented body moisturizer.

Seriously, I want to rip my skin and eat that area where the fragrance was set. But, even though it is so nice and soft and comfy, I already own more than one gourmand and this one is too edible and familiar.

It is mainly praline all the way, pretty linear, but you can still get hints of vanilla and lychee.
27th April, 2016

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

This is irresistible and it's name fits to perfection. It embodies the concept of the little black dress: flattering and easy to wear, a safe choice for when you are clueless of what to put on, but yet chic and daring.

La Petite Robe Noire is a delicious combination of sweet, sweet berries, delicate florals, and a spicy final touch. At first, it's a big punch of berry-burst and almond notes, followed by the romantic notes of roses, to unfold over the base of licorice, smoky black tea and patchouli.

It's dark and enigmatic, sexy and inviting. If casual, it's a smart-casual. I bought it only a few days ago and already wore it for three different events, formal evening, cocktail and daytime casual, and felt comfortable with the scent for it suited perfectly.

This one is pretty unique both in my wardrobe and within people around Buenos Aires. Guerlain is not much known and has not the same status it does elsewhere, so besides the fact that I adore the scent, I bought it for that uniqueness I wrote above. Plus, the bottle is gorgeous.
13th April, 2016

Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani

I really wanted to like this one for the notes sounded amazing and at first try it mixed nice on my skin, but when I bought it and started using it, I got sick of it quickly.

It makes me feel like someone has spilled a sugary lemon drink over me. It is too sweet and citrusy, but it is not unpleasant or offensive at all. I gave it to my sister who has fallen for it, and I like it better on her as well on others.
08th April, 2016

J'Adore by Christian Dior

I'm a sucker for everything jasmine-tuberose, but what made me keep this one -which I understand is the love/hate note- is the pear note, and what I love the most is the drydown.

J'adore is an amazing blend of delicate and sweet, but also vibrant and sexy soft floral, fruity, musky notes.

At first I felt the fruity note a bit sharp to the point of making my eyes itchy, but after an hour or so, the musky drydown made me fell for it.

Let me put it this way: at first, it's a glamorous post-shower clean, but then it mutates into a flapper girl with a glass of sweet summer white wine in hand, lounging by the pool.

I feel I can wear this -I acually do, as a matter of fact- with jeans+white top and I feel dressed. It's a summer scent, perfect for casual wear, night or day. Lasts about 8 hours on my skin.
08th April, 2016

Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani

Armani Code has a sweet, innocent vibe with a hint of sexyness, in a fun and flirty way, like the essence of "the girl next door".

I first got my sample and did not like it much at first, but a week or so later I sniffed it on my coat and wondered what the hell smelled so good in my wardrobe. It was the Armani juice and I bought it that same day.

It begins with a fruity accord of orange blossom, spicy ginger and fresh pear, to be followed by sweet vanilla, honey and a bit of sandalwood. The drydown is exquisite, and it might struck you with strong orange at first, but let it still and you will be enchanted just as I was.

I'm a sucker for anything with jasmin and orange in it, but I have to admit that I was expecting a bit more from that combo. The ad doesn't mix the fragrance, as in the way that it smells too casual to be elegant.

It's sensual in a sweet an innocent way, but it's not quite a head-turner, heady and strong scent. It's the jeans+white tank sort of fragrance, perfect for casual day/evening wear.

I think the more you wear it, the best you discover for when or how much -or if- it suits you. It's not a sillage monster, but I have had compliments from people from the next table at a restaurant.
06th April, 2016

Trésor (new) by Lancôme

This is gorgeous. I bought it for my mother -we should all be tested on why do we all relate this fragrance to our mothers- five years ago and I grew fond of it; it was my grown-up aspiration.

It's peaches and apricots, jasmine and roses, and vanilla and amber; a dreamy blend of sophisticated, sweet, and strong notes. Starts with golden radiance and unfolds beautifuly into a nice powdery scent. Lasts +12 hours on my skin and has reakky good sillage.

I always get lots of compliments with Tresor. This one hits the "fun and flirty" cathegory of my wardrobe; daytime casual or evening event appropiate, ideal for warmer months. I feel dressed whenever I wear this one, whether I'm wearing a little black dress for a fancy dinner or jeans and blouse for an evening downtown.
03rd April, 2016 (last edited: 08th April, 2016)

Angel by Thierry Mugler

What could I possibly say that remains unsaid about Angel? Rich, dark, bold, statement-making sexy. I wear it everytime I can, feels appropiate for everytime. I've smelled it on formal events, wine tasting evenings, it even attends my pilates class.

No doubt it was quite a thing when it first came out and owned the gourmand cathegory, but now that same kind of scent has evolved into something intoxicatingly sweet as Flowerbomb or Manifesto, and Angel has another new market like gourmandchuli. And thank GOD for that patchouli, for that's the reason why something that smells edible also screams unedible.

I was gifted my first bottle when I was 16 or so and gifted it away. Then someone else bought it for me and gave it away. I finally purchased MY OWN bottle of Angel at a duty free in Sao Paulo.

It's heavy stuff if youre not into the patchouli note, but I somehow grew into it and welcomed it into my wardrobe. It's siilar to Shalimar -in structure- so you kinda have to wear it to figure it out.

It's a sillage monster, so I go gently on it, and definately wear it when I'm going on high profile. I have to admit that even when so many people wear it, it blends different on my skin -as well on others- and that IS the main reason why I like such a mainstream fragrance, dispite the fact of it's "uniqueness" in the market.

So, if you're reading this humble opinion on Angel and haven't tried it yet, give it a try on your skin and let it ripen. You've probably smelled it lots of times before knowing how it actually blends with your skin.
03rd April, 2016

Poison Girl by Christian Dior

Another nice scent on the market. Sweet, safe and girly; reminds me of Live Irresistibly or Black Opium. At first, it´s a nice explosion of sweet roses, then mutates into vanilla cake and maripan -so far so good- but the drydown became something too strong and sweet for my nose, like orange jam and licorice. I´m a bit dissapointed not only for I was expecting something more edgy but it does not fit with the Poison range. Nor the add with the smoking hot model. Nice bottle though.
02nd February, 2016