Reviews by fragrancehead

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Eau des Bavx smells natural. L'Occitane indeed uses quality ingredients.

But I don't get the so-mentioned-similarity to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It smells a lot like gingerbread (with excessive nutmeg) and pink pepper in the opening. It reminds me a lot of the Christmas time, seriously.

The base has a slight vanilla note with some incense in it, but they are not as distinguishable as it could be and the nutmeg note stays forever on the skin sort of covering the other notes mentioned to be part of the fragrance. I'd say that, at least on my skin, it's 90% of a linear nutmeg scent.

It is not a blind buy, again, it's NOT like Tobacco Vanille AT ALL, let alone the "poor man's" version of it like some one said it previously.

The tobacco note actually IS NOT even noticeable and I've sprayed it many times on different occasions.

It is a good fragrance, a very different one that L'Occitane developed (even though there's nothing like Eau du Contadour- a masterpiece that they've discontinued), I'd say the love or hate type of scent.

Scent: 6.4 / 10
Longevity: 7.0 / 10
Sillage: 6.8 / 10
Season: Preferably during Fall and Winter, but versatile when it comes to occasion apart from clubbing.
Recommended age: 25+
Overall: 7.0 / 10
18th December, 2015

Touch for Men by Burberry

It's very versatile and I can wear it any time of the year. It's not aggressive, somewhat more flowery on my skin but it's definitely one of the best colognes I've ever smelt.

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein

It reminds me a lot of the guys wearing a suit in the Wall Street area, somewhat formal. Very masculine and timeless.

Avant Garde by Lanvin

The opening, somehow, reminds me a lot of 1 Million but then it starts to smell very pleasant, like La Nuit de L'Homme with a dark note of tobacco and then the famous beeswax note that smells amazing on my dry skin.
It is a blind buy if you're interested in sweet fragrances, very masculine though.
It DOES NOT smell cheap, even if its price is below average

Verveine / Verbena by L'Occitane

It might be a L'Occitane's classic but it doesn't live up to its price and fame.
It literally lasts 15 min without any projection, it's not like a cologne that doesn't have that much of projection but if you sniff your arm you'll smell it, it simply vanishes within minutes.
Its longevity is the same as their Verbena soap or shower gel, actually the shower gel lasts longer than this cologne (that should be called "refreshing brume" not and edt or edc).
It smells citric and fresh but it has the worst staying power I've ever seen. They should reformulate it with at least more staying power.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Mugler Cologne is the best and most versatile fragrance for men!
The scent is amazing, I get lots of compliments from women.
It reminds me of Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino.

L'Occitan by L'Occitane

One of their best creations since Eau du Contadour and Eau des Bavx

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Another win!
It smells like baby powder, like, a girl asked me once if I had put on baby powder on my skin because it smelled so soothing. It's not offensive.
It's just like Amber Pour Homme: not for clubbing but perfect for work, school and even for the movies and theatre.

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

High quality scent. It smells like an expensive soap. Not a clubbing scent, perfect for work or school.

Eau du Contadour by L'Occitane

I got in touch with L'Occitane's customer care in France asking if by any chance they would re-release Eau du Contadour again and they said that only Eau des 4 Voleurs will be available in a limited edition by the end of October 2016.
Eau du Contadour is one of the best fragrances they've ever made.
Let's wait until October 2016 to get our hands back on 4 Voleurs, a stunning fragrance.