Reviews by Shimerm1

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This was my first cologne, and it's surely to be my last. The sweet, musky smell lasts a lot longer than it should. There's a reason this is one of the best colognes ever to be made. I barely smell patchouli, though.
21st February, 2016

Royal Delight by Creed

The length of time this perfume lasts on the skin is astounding. It fills the room with only one spray. I must say that I bought this blindly. Not knowing what to expect, I went into the scent with an open mind. I knew that there were leather notes with ambergris, and was prepared for a masculine scent. The bergamot opens nicely and it immediately transitions into a jasmine/violet floral scent. Throughout the dry-down, I get a very musky smell. Could be the leather and ambergris working together. I like the scent, but because I feel that I wont get compliments out with this on, I will give it a neutral rating. I will most likely wear this around the house, and around family.
17th February, 2016

Royal Mayfair by Creed

I have to start off by saying that Creed is pretty much the only house that I wear now. I have bottles of Aventus, Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed, Bois Du Portugal, Erolfa, and Royal Oud. I have samples of Royal Water, Original Vetiver, Virgin Island Water, and Silver mountain water. I just received my sample of Royal Mayfair today. I have to say that I am very impressed. The sillage is what imediately changed my review on this perfume.

At first, I really liked the lime, pine and gin. Once it had a chance to dry down, all I smelled was roses. They didn't smell like cheap roses, but roses nonetheless. I wasn't entirely put off by it, and it was a pleasant smell, but not very masculine. The base notes shining through the roses reminded me of spring turning into summer. I feel like this would work really well after a fresh summer rain. I will be adding this to my wardrobe within the month.

I am only put off by how little I will use this perfume. I will have it because it smells very nice, and my girlfriend can wear it as well, but I hate to see such a nice perfume sit and have a chance to spoil. Nonetheless, I will add it to my collection.

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

VERY masculine cologne. I can't believe how long this stuff lasts. I still smell it on my laundry pile two days later. The fragrance stays consistent throughout. There isn't much change. I really like how peppery this cologne is. Chanel did a great job. I got this a month before it released back in 2010, and I still have my original bottle. It's about half full. I really like how dark the bottle is, which helps with storing and preserving the scent. I am 100% impressed with this cologne.

Thallium Sport by Jacques Evard

Citrus top notes and a musky base. A great scent! I just wish that it lasted longer, and projected a bit better. Inexpensive, and it shows. Nonetheless, a great fragrance!

Lucky You for Men by Lucky Brand

VERY woody cologne. I've been wearing it since high school. For being a cheap cologne, this lasts all day long. I love this scent.

Original Vetiver by Creed

The ginger and mandarin are very strong to start the scent off. Very clean, and the vetiver comes in quite quick. The sandalwood makes a sudden appearance half an hour later. This dry down is actually very refreshing. Why couldn't Royal Water's base smell like this. They are exactly the same, but they smell completely different... Oh well. I will be adding this to my wardrobe within the next few months.
03rd February, 2016

Royal Water by Creed

Wow. Just when I thought that I could respect every Creed perfume out there, they go and thoroughly disappoint me with this. It frustrates me that one of the longest lasting and best sillage perfumes that they make smells so bad. I can't stand how these notes work together. I detest the mint and basil, which should work amazingly together. VERY strong ambergris base that, in my opinion, doesn't work well with the heart notes at all. On paper, these notes should work together. In practice, they don't.
03rd February, 2016

Bois du Portugal by Creed

I can't believe how much I like this perfume. Yes, it smells very, very mature. Yes, it's very powdery, and somewhat feminine. All things considered, I still have no problem wearing this perfume out and about. I don't get anyone complimenting me on my scent, and no one asks what it is. I wear this for one person, and that's me.

I love sandalwood, and bergamot. The cedar dries this base down very nicely. Bois Du Portugal is a very comforting scent to me, and I will always have a bottle of it in my wardrobe.

A side note - this blends really well with Green Irish Tweed.

Royal Oud by Creed

Let me tell you about the story of how I got this fragrance. I went to my local Neiman Marcus to validate the authenticity of a bottle of Aventus I bought. I couldn't say no to the price. After confirming the authenticity, I tried on the Royal Oud again... yes, again. I got a sample of it a couple weeks prior, and I hated it. It wasn't me, and I gave it to a friend of mine. His skin worked way better with it, so I gave it to him. Back to the present. I sprayed a nice hefty spritz on the back of my hand. I thanked the employee, and went on my way. I was in line at Starbucks waiting for my coffee, when I decided to see how the dry down was going. After one sniff, I made a b-line straight for Neiman Marcus.

The Oud in this batch (A4315R01) was amazing. I'm always a fan of mixing sandalwood with anything. Oud and musk make a great symphony on the dry down. I walked out that day buying a bottle of Himalaya, and the nice Neiman Marcus lady gave me a 1.7 oz bottle of Royal Oud for free. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

The sillage is amazing, and I got a good 9 hours out of the spray. If I sprayed it a bit further away, I'm sure that I would have gotten a couple more hours out of it. I refreshed with Aventus later in the day, and the two work really, really well together. This is one of my favorites from Creed. More so than Aventus.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

This year is a great year for Greed Irish Tweed. Lot number S3215R01 is the best batch I've smelled since 09. Very similar batches.

This batch has a strong verbena with undertones of lemon. I really like that the lemon is subtle in this batch. The iris is a strong player in the heart notes this time around. I love the mysore sandalwood. I think the ambergris could come out a little more, but I really like this years batch.

Himalaya by Creed

Lot number A3913X01 is a pretty solid batch. The citrus top notes blend well with the bergamot. You can barely tell it's bergamot, but its faint and ties everything in well. If a fragrance has Sandalwood, it's in my wardrobe. If a fragrance has sandalwood and cedar, it will be on my skin a LOT. I love how these two notes work together.

Side note - I sprayed this not too long ago, and my cat is hanging out in the area I sprayed it with his nose in the air smelling it. He loves it, so I love it

This is a great night scent. I will be mixing this with Bois Du Portugal often. The bergamot really ties everything together very well

Erolfa by Creed

Very clean, summery scent. I really like how this smells, unfortunately, it doesn't last very long. I got a batch from 2012, so it has had time to settle in, and emulsify. Batch number C3112F01. Great top notes, and decent bottom notes. I like the simplicity of this fragrance a lot. A nice fragrance to wear on the golf course, or on a walk in the summer. Thumbs up.

Aventus by Creed

I have a bottle from lot 4215R11. The longevity of this batch is very weak. There is almost no patchouli to tie the top notes and base notes together. The whole reason they put patchouli in the heart is to blend the wet top notes to the dry base notes. A little disappointed, but all in all, it's an alright batch. Once you let the bottle sit in the dark for a couple weeks, the longevity increases. The oakmoss is almost non-existent, and the dry birch is gone. The batch I tried a couple weeks ago was perfectly blended. I will be on the hunt for a bottle from that batch.

Here is my review of the previous batch I tried:

It started off with a strong apple scent, and a slight bergamot/current undertone. After about 15 minutes, the pineapple shines through with the patchouli. I hate patchouli, but it does so well in this fragrance. after about an hour, the dry birch and patchouli are in full swing. The base of this perfume is amazing. Very dry/powdery wood scent. I got so many compliments, and inquiries on this one. A completely positive review. I hope that they go back to the portions of that last batch.

This new batch isn't horrible, just different. It has the feel of Aventus, but nothing like the last batch that drew me in. I have two bottles of this batch, and I am a bit disappointed that I spent my money on it. All in all, it is Aventus, but it doesn't last as long as the last batch. I still love the smell, and I still get compliments on it, so it makes it a bit worth buying.