Reviews by flyngace

Royal Oud by Creed

I don't really like spicy fragrances. Although Royal Oud does this really well. Creed has changed my mind on me liking something spicy. It is not spicy like a hot spicy, but more like a sweet, dried down spicy.

The spice is in the background with hints of cedar. On my skin it is pretty linear... it remains the same fragrance from when I first spray it on, though the dry down.

I would classify Royal Oud as a fall fragrance and beginning of winter. Not really sure if it is strong enough for the harsh winter cold weather.

Longevity: 8/10 (10-11 hours)

Sillage: It gives you a nice scent bubble around you. People are not going to notice you across the room. **Unless you over spray**

Overall: 8.5/10
08th November, 2016

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Oceanic Expedition by Issey Miyake

A very strong citrus frag. It is not lemon, more of a lemon/ Yuzu combination. The opening lasts about 45 minutes, but overall it is pretty linear thought the entire frag. I don't really get petitgrain or neroli in the frag, but rather I think it tones down the yuzu to make it smoother.

I would recommend L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake for men over this one.

Overall: 6/10
Longevity: 7/10 (8-9 hours)
29th August, 2016

Eau du Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

TSAR is the second Van Cleef & Arpels perfume that I have tried. (The first was Midnight in Paris). TSAR has a distinct pine dirt scent. On my skin it is definitely not my favorite. Since I do not like this frag, I also don't like how long it lasts nor that it has pretty good sillage.

If you are looking for a frag that is an earthy pine tree- this is the one for you! Imagine walking though a dense forrest, coming to a pine tree- taking a branch and smelling the needles with dirt in you hands.

Overall: 2/10

Black Suede Leather by Avon

On my skin this is very similar to Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels. Very powdery, maybe slightly leathery but the baby powered scent comes though the most.

Imagine a lightly worn leather jacket. Not a heavy leather note. That is kind of what it smells like.

Overall: 3.5/10
Longevity: 4/10
Sillage: 4/10

Boss Orange Man by Hugo Boss

This is a very sweet frag. The apple comes off immediately when you first spray it. After about 30 minutes the apple is still strong but the vanilla comes out as well. But it is not a smooth vanilla, more of a very sweet vanilla. It could be the mix of the apple and the vanilla which makes the vanilla even more sweet.

For me this frag is too sweet! Personally I like the apple note but the others mix in such a way that it is just too sweet. I was hoping that the woody notes would cut though the sweet notes. But unfortunately that only happens after 2+ hours. Which is too long for me to wait.

If you are into smooth sweet fragrances, this is for you!

Overall: 3.5/10
Longevity: 5/10
Sillage: 5/10

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Mugler Cologne is one of my favorites. It is clean, smells great, and is fresh. The only downside is that on my skin it only lasts 4 hours. If only they made this frag in an EDT or EDP.

Overall: 8.5/10
Longevity: 4/10
Sillage: 3/10

The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce & Gabbana

This is by far my favorite frag! The combination of the amber with a slight tobacco and ginger brings this frag from being just some ordinary frag to a great one!

The dry down is just as good as the initial spray. The initial spray is a little strong but it lasts about 1 hour. It stays pretty linear like the from the initial spray to about 1 hour and then slowly recedes to your skin. **Unlike the EDT version which the initial spray lasts 30 minutes and then recedes.

I would wear this to any occasion- including work. Although I would be slightly careful wearing it to work- people will definitely smell you...It projects really well!

This is exactly like the EDT version just lasts longer, projects further, and has great sillage!

Longevity: 9/10
Sillage: 10/10
Projection: 9/10

CH Men by Carolina Herrera

A warm spicy frag. On my skin it seems to have a spicy note (maybe cinnamon). That warm spice lasts for about 1 hour. After it gets closer to the skin (1 foot). Where the original projection is at arms length (maybe a little more).

The dry down is still has a smooth leathery scent with a hint of spice.

This is a good fall, colder weather frag. For casual, semi-formal occasions.

Projection: 7/10
First spray projection: arms length
After 1 hour projection: 1 foot

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

I love this scent! It is a wholesome full bodied frag. It reminds me of a dark chocolate, mixed with a hint of whiskey. Which gives it a boozy feel.

A long time ago smelled Axe chocolate and this frag reminds me of that. Although Pure Malt is more sophisticated, lasts longer, and is stronger.

I would wear this frag when going out at night and colder days because it gives off a warm boozy chocolate feel.

Overal: 9/10
Longevity; 8/10

XJ 1861 Renaissance by Xerjoff

Xerjoff really outdid their self with this frag! You can really smell the individual notes, lemon and bergamot right off when you first spray it. Me personally I don't get much mint.

After about 1 hour the lemon and bergamot fall into the background and the flowery notes come more dominate. The middle notes last from 2-3 hours on my skin.

After you get a flowery, citrus, musk as the dry down. Which is absolutely sublime!

I purchased this frag as a decant. But the first time I sprayed this on I knew I was going to purchase a bottle.

This is a great frag for work, dressed up, sophisticated days, and dates!

I would highly recommend this frag to anyone!!

Overall: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10 (9-11 hours)
Sillage: 8.5/10 (It does leave a sizable scent trail- estimated 5-6 feet behind you)

Aqua pour Homme Marine by Bulgari

This fragrance is really meant for Summer days! It reminds me of walking on beach, with the waves crashing, and the smell of seaweed in the air.

When I first sprayed this frag I was surprised how much it smells of seaweed. I was happy to find out that that initial blast subsides and you are left with a salty, seaweed smell. The overall frag is not that offensive. It really does smell like you have been walking on the beach for a few hours.

On my skin it lasts around 5-6 hours.

Recommended for casual, relaxing, summer days with friends.

09th August, 2016

Voyage by Nautica

Very fresh scent! Initially when you spray it you get like a tart green apple. That stays around for about 1 hour or so (on my skin). It slowly changes to a leafy green floral scent. Still a pleasant fresh and great frag.

Great for casual hot summer days! It really has a fresh scent that is uplifting, relaxed, and ready for the day! I usually go 4-5 sprays- it is not that intrusive and makes you smell like you just got out of the shower.

I would recommend a blind buy for the cost! You cannot really go wrong. I got mine for $15- $20. The only thing that might put some people off is that there is a slight musky scent that comes through around the 2-3 hour mark. It might smell a little weird of some people. Nearly every store carries this frag but they have it at retail price $60. Definitely shop around online and get it cheaper!!

Overall scent: 7.5/10
Agressiveness: 2/10
08th August, 2016

Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme

Hypnose Homme is an ok frag. It doesn't blow me away in how it performs. The frag does not change too much on my skin (pretty linear). It dies down in intensity after 1-2 hours but the same amber with musky undertones are still there. It does project pretty well and have decent longevity.

I would wear this more in the fall (day or night), cooler days mainly because it is pretty aggressive. Personally I wouldn't wear it to the club just because it doesn't change much throughout the day/night.

**For me to wear a frag to the club, the frag has to be slightly aggressive and be amazing!**

Overall: 7/10
Sillage: 8/10
Agressiveness: 8/10
08th August, 2016

Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels

I read all the reviews and the notes in MIP and I thought it would like the frag. Yes, it was a blind buy. When I first sprayed it on my skin, it was really powdery. Then to my surprise it gave me a headache.

I recently purchased another frag with one note similar to MIP (leather). I thought the note (leather) in the frag would be like smelling a worn-in leather coat. To my nose it smells like very strong, slightly sweet baby powder.

The bottle is really nice! It starts out blue at the top and fades to a orange/ yellow at the bottom; with star constellations on the back.

I would recommend getting a sample and testing it first to see how it reacts to your skin. For me MIP is not a frag I would recommend to others to purchase.
07th August, 2016 (last edited: 14th August, 2016)

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

The opening is a little strong with sea notes with a hint of citrus (orange). After the 1 hour mark, the top notes die down and it smells more of cedar, amber, and vanilla scent lasting about 4-5 hours. Passing the 5 hour mark, the base notes are very close to the skin. Mainly a light musky, cedar smell with hint of vanilla lasting 8-9hours. My opinion, the opening I am not to fond of- it is a little strong to my taste, but as the middle to base notes come through they are more noticeable- I think this is where the fragrance shines.

The sillage for me is about 6-8 feet. Around the 3-4 hour mark the scent dies down, this is where the base notes are noticeable it is close to the skin. I find that for my skin it lasts maximum 6 hours (maybe closer to 5)

Baldessarini Del Mar by Baldessarini

For me Del Mar is just ok. Initially when you spray it on it doesn't seem to much- but after about 45 minutes it gains strength. When I first sprayed it I right away got a sweet orange, tart smell. After about 1 hour it gains strength to a pepper, cardamom smell with slight citrus. I have found it lasts for about 3- 4 hours and then gets close the skin, the peppery smell is still there at that time but fades slightly. This scent should be best worn in the summer nights and spring days due to the pepper scent. The pepper scent is not a spicy pepper, it is more of a warm pepper.

I purchased this frag on a whim because it was on clearance. Not a total waste of money since I got it for $24 but a good choice for cool, crisp, nights.

**Not good enough for a date- in my opinion**

Cool Water by Davidoff

Initially when I sprayed on Davidoff Cool Water I was surprised on how minty it is. Initially you get a minty aquatic scent which lasts for about 3 hours. It slowly dies down around the 2-3 hour mark but is still noticeable. As time goes on the scent slightly transforms into a musky scent with slight mint. It reminds me of what older men would wear in the 80's and 90's. Which is kind of ironic because the scent was designed in 1988. Some people have said it is timeless, for me not at all. This is a scent that would be worn when working out, running, or any outdoor physical activity since the minty scent would be noticeable.

Zara Collection Man by Zara

This fragrance to me is more of a fall scent; very warm spicy and linear. I don't use this frag very often because I believe Zara's frag's are on the cheaper side of how they are made. Also that you can get much better quality somewhere else.

Overall Rating: 4/10
Scent: 3.5/10
Longevity: 5/10
Sillage: 5/10

Quorum by Antonio Puig

I received a sample of the frag and wanted to do a review on it. To me this is the pinnacle of a old man scent. If you thought "what would men smell like in the 80's and 90's?"- this would be it. It is not my favorite but I do see where men over 35 would be ok to wear it.

Since it has a very warm, woody, leathery feel-I would recommend wearing it in the Fall when it is cooler.

I would not recommend wearing it for a night out (date or clubbing) since to me it smells like "older man". If that is what your going for- then this the frag for you.

Overall Rating: 4/10

Real for Him by American Eagle

I had this frag for a while and wanted to give my honest review. My opinion of AE Real cologne has changed over time. When I first purchased it in the store it was pretty good (8/10). But since they spray it everywhere in their stores- now it gets to be a normal scent (not really special anymore). In my opinion this is a good scent for men ages 16-20 (mainly high school, maybe upper middle school).

There are a lot of fragrances to choose from and this is easy to purchase and not too expensive. I think that another frag would be a little better Burberry Brit Rhythm by Burberry.

Burberry Brit Rhythm by Burberry could easily be worn for upper high school, college, and possibly post college on fun, relaxing occasions.

Overall Scent (college and above): 6/10

Overall Scent for high school: 7/10

Longevity: 8-10 Hours
Sillage: 8/10

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

This is an interesting fragrance- the difference between smelling it on the scent strip vs. on my skin.

On a scent strip:
Initially it is a very tart citrus. This scent remains the same throughout the 3 hour mark and well into 6-10 hours.

On my skin:
When I spray it on me it becomes more of a sweet citrus (orange scent). The scent is between an orange peel and the scent inside an orange.

The frag changes slightly after 30-45 minutes. It smells the same as before but adds a slight orange tart scent. That overall scent is pretty linear throughout the entire lifespan of the fragrance.

This scent is best for summer days and projects within arms length and lasts roughly 6 hours. That is with 2 sprays. For me it is at arms length for about 1-2 hours and then it retreats back to my skin. After that I can only smell it. I can see if you over spray- it can get a little intense for others.

Brit Rhythm for Him by Burberry

I really enjoy this fragrance. It is a pretty intense of cedar and cardamom scent right as you apply it. After 30-45 minutes it dies down and a little berry scent comes through along with the cedar and cardamom. Throughout the day it dies down even more until the dry down. The dry down is at skin level and is a soft tonka bean.

At first I thought the dry down smells like vanilla. After reading more of what is in the frag (tonka beans not vanilla).

**Tonka Beans smell like a light, slightly sweet vanilla**

I might see that the leather comes through at about 1-2 hours (after the initial blast) but it is very slight.

On my skin the frag lasts around 8 hours. The dry down occurs at the 4 hour mark and the initial overpowering cedar and cardamom lasts 30-45 minutes. At the 8 hour mark it is really faint- it is still slightly on your skin but only just.

I can see wearing this during Spring and Fall. Maybe cooler summer nights. But not to the club/ partying.

**Casual days/ nights out with friends**

Versace pour Homme by Versace

Versace Pour Homme is just ok. When you first spray the scent it is slightly soapy. After 30-45 minutes it turns to a more citrus scent with hints of floral. After 2-3 hours (into the dry down) it is a floral spicy scent.

Overall it is not a very potent frag. I would recommend spraying 4-5 sprays. The initial blast will feel like it is too strong. But after 30 minutes it really dies down.

It is a light fragrance so I would recommend using for Summer days and hotter weather. But because of the spicy tinge that comes through I would only wear it to work.

Sillage: 4/10

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

The dry down is just as good as the initial spray. The initial spray is a little strong but it doesn't last long (30 minutes). After that it is just amazing!!

I would wear this to any occasion- including work. Not really sure if it is date material. I like the frag a lot, but I think that a lot of people know of it and it might be a little too noticeable. I think that you should wear a nice different frag for a date.

Sillage: 6/10

I would get the EDP version to increase longevity and sillage.

**I am actually seriously thinking of making this my signature scent**

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Overall this frag is ok. It is a little overpowering in the beginning- when you first spray it. But within 45 minutes it dies down and becomes an aquatic, slightly musky frag. The projection is still there (within arms length). The dry down is the same scent as the first blast just tamer and more subdued.

Due to most people wearing this frag or know what it smells like... Not recommended for a date! You don't want to smell like someone that reminds her of "bad memories". (As c0ssix has said as well).

When I first smell this frag it reminded me of a combination of Allure Homme Sport and Davidoff Cool Water. Basically Allure Homme Sport but more fresh, green, and aquatic.

I would wear this for slightly warm summer days (70-80 degrees F). Or when you want to blend into a crowd and not have too much attention drawn to yourself.

Overall: 8/10