Reviews by Ckrickett

Armani Privé New York by Giorgio Armani

I blind bought this for some crazy reason, and let me say I am so glad I did.

This is such a beautiful fragrance. Feathery light, yet warm and sweet, It just is so beautiful.

Opens with pepper, iris and neroli and dries down with wisps of incense, tea and cashmeran. The aldehydes give this a faint sparkle, and the iris gives it some beautiful powdery notes that all come together with the musk, incense and vanilla.

Nice longevity and sillage as well.

Not for everyone but well worth checking out if you have the opportunity!
16th January, 2018

Eau My Soul by 4160 Tuesdays

This is quite a remarkable fragrance.
Its cozy, rich and warm smells somewhat sweet and aromatics. Its a beautiful blend of all the different notes, they don't mix together rather then entire time you wear this fragrance you keep discovering the different notes. But they all play nicely together and create a beautiful and ethereal experience.

On my skin the notes that are the most pronounced are the sandalwood, vetiver and benzoin with a little bit of incense.
15th December, 2017

Tangier Vanille by Aerin

This scent wasn't a love at first sniff, rather it had to really grow on me while I wore it for me to really start admiring it. It opened very salty, almost like play-dough which was off putting at first. However once it tried down it became a really nice powdery and musky vanilla.

Definitely not for everyone, but I learned to love it!
24th November, 2017

Eau de Rose by Tadashi Shoji

I had high expectations for this fragrance, and although it is a pretty little thing there is nothing special about it.

Another jammy rose with hints of wood in the background. The nicest part has to be the opening, the tart rhubarb is really nice in contrast with the heavy sweetness of this fragrance. But that only lasts for an hour. Don't get any of the frankincense either, which was kind of a bummer for me because that was an note I was excited for. Even though I am not wowed I don't think its bad either. Just another sweet designer rose fragrance that we all have seen before.

Very good longevity and sillage.
22nd November, 2017

Portraits : The Remarkable Success of Mr. Harrod by Penhaligon's

I love what Penhaligon's does with oud and this fragrance is no exception.

Beautiful, rich and powerful this opens slightly sweet with the Raspberry and Plum and drys down to a gorgeous smoky tobacco base.

Although this is a rich and strong fragrance I don;t find it to be to heavy, rather it is slightly lighter and sharper which really helps all the notes shine. I especially love the marine notes in the background paired with the fruits and white florals.

Gorgeous fragrance, and it also performs amazing as well.

Longevity is great at 8+ hours, and very nice sillage!
26th October, 2017

Shooting Stars : Ibitira by Xerjoff

This is my favorite (currently) rose/iris combo.

Reviewers before me pretty much summed up my love and admiration for this fragrance. Its breathlessly sophisticated, smooth, fresh, and somewhat bitter in the background. Perfectly balanced fragrance, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Xerjoff.

The playfulness of the Neroli and Lemon are beautifuly paired with the Vetiver and Iris. The touch of rose really rounds everything out and gives it a touch of powder that helps balance the iris, Neroli and vetiver.

Just Beautiful.
05th August, 2017

Cologne Intense Collection : Tuberose Angelica by Jo Malone

For having the heaviness of Amber and Tuberose, I find this a very effervescent fragrance. It opens up bright and cheerful and immediately settles down into a very warm white floral beauty. I love how it is balanced very much between heavy and soft, fresh and honeyed.

Very simple, not to complex, yet very pretty. Sophisticated, but also very easy to wear.

Great projection and longevity as well.
05th August, 2017

Brooklyn by Gallivant

This is a lovely and easy to understand fragrance that tells a little story on your skin.

It starts off very candy sweet/citrus with a hint of spices and that lasts for about 2 hours. This is a very pleasant aroma that is refreshing, juicy, but not gimmicky or juvenile.

After a few hours the sweetness fades away and you are left with a resinous, yet crisp blend of Musk, Bergamot, Amber and Orris.

I love the way this develops on my skin, and even though it is very strong in the beginning, I like the way that it becomes more intimate in the drydown.

Overall it is one of the safe fragrances from Gallivant, but nonetheless very beautiful and successful.
24th July, 2017

Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) by Creed

I really quite enjoy this rose fragrance. It's not your normal rose. It's not very sweet, or powdery, or even to floral. Rather it is quite sharp, crisp, and green.

I like how heavy it is. Its lack of sweetness, at first turned me off. But the more I wore this the more I really enjoyed it. Took 6-8 times to really appreciate this fragrance, but now I love it.

It comes off very astringent, strong, and aggressive. But after its had time to dry down and really bloom on your skin. It transitions into a very bright and crisp rose. Almost more "thorns" then "rose". Overall I tend to like its abrasive character. But I can definitely appreciate why not everyone would be enraptured by this fragrance.

Great Sillage and Longevity.
20th July, 2017

Paris Hilton Passport : South Beach by Paris Hilton

I was given this as a gift. Honestly I didn't expect much of anything from this. I got what I expected. A easy, uninspiring floral/fresh scent.

I am not inspired by it, but honestly for like the 5 dollars you pay for it, it isn't bad. It gets so hot and humid in South Florida, sometimes you just want to spray something on to cut through the heat, but you know you will perspire though it in an hour or so, so you don't want to wear anything to expensive. That's where I LOVE this! On days where its like walking through soup this is nice, for hot humid days I am going to be going to the bank and the grocery store this is nice. Its easy and not fussy and thats pretty good! Again not the best, most inspiring fragrances. But it gets the job done, and I still smell somewhat decent!
11th May, 2017

Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior

I just ran out of my sample of this and I wanted to wait until I had used through it before I gave my review.

It's safe to say I have smelled this mix before... Oud, Rose, & Patchouli. Seems to be a very common combination. But I can say that this particular blend is breathtaking. At first it comes across as your average runofthemill Oud but as it dries down you get a much more complex soft smooth blend of Oud, Labdanum and rose. Very rich, complex, soft and sensuous. Overall this is really a fantastic Oud fragrance for oud lovers!

Excellent Projection and Longevity as well!
08th May, 2017

Replica By the Fireplace by Martin Margiela

I can't get enough of this fragrance. It's such an easy to wear smokey/woody fragrance. I love the underlying nuttiness it has, with just the touch of sweetness. Very warm and inviting. Also very easy to wear!
27th April, 2017

1899 Ernest Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums

As a lover of Spicebomb I can definitely see the comparison. What I love most about this one is how its not as biting as Spicebomb, its a tad bit sweeter, and dare I say, creamier. It also doesn't smell as synthetic.

A very warm, inviting, and Spiced beauty!
14th April, 2017

Black Pepper by Demeter Fragrance Library

I recieved this for free from a recent order from Demeter (a gift with purchase). Now I usually LOVE pepper in fragrances, BUT something about this one is unwearable on its own. It smells identical to really rancid old cheap black pepper, which I guess is what they wanted. But it just smells really bad on its own.

I have tried layering it with other fragrances that have pepper in them, and then it actually works, really brings out the pepper notes which is nice (which is why this gets a neutral vote from me and not a negative) however I wouldnt recommend purchasing this ever.

I am glad it was a GWP and not something I spent actual coin on.
20th March, 2017 (last edited: 19th April, 2017)

Terracotta Le Parfum by Guerlain

I can't even begin to properly explain how much I enjoy this fragrance.

Its opens very strong, with a blast of bergamot, and coconut, which then immediately melts into a rich orange blossom, jasmine, and ylang ylang mixture. I love how this smells luscious and tropical, without smelling like a gimmicky overtly sweet, coconut and fruity mess.

I also love how the vanilla warms this up over time, and really helps marry the other notes together.
This truly is one of my favorite fragrances.
13th March, 2017

10 Crosby Silent St. by Derek Lam

Simple, safe, and east to wear.

No complexity or depth, but I think that's what I love most about it. The simplicity.

Mostly a light white musk, with just the lingering wisps of floral notes. A great morning or early afternoon scent.
04th March, 2017

Izia by Sisley

It's a very clean and refreshing rose.
It opens with a blast of Bergamot and pink pepper. Then after about 5-10 minutes I get a nice rose aroma. The rose and Bergamot last a decent amount of time and never fade away. After about an hour I started to get some cedar and musk notes from this and those played really nicely with the Bergamot and rose.

I never got much of any amber.

Overall this is a very clean, refreshing, and somewhat soapy rose fragrance.
03rd March, 2017

Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton

I like this one a lot. I ended up buying it blind, and I was pleasantly surprised. Its not a jammy sweet rose, its a very woody peppery rose. I love the notes of Iris and Cedar in this, and I love the little kick that the pepper gives it.

I also enjoy how this wears on the skin and softens over time. It has beautiful sillage and excellent longevity as well.
06th February, 2017

Dark Rum by Malin + Goetz

I have mixed feelings about this fragrance. Overall its a very fresh and complimented fragrance. But I don't get a lot of complexity with it. Its opening is so soapy and floral, and it takes 2 hours for any of the boozy rum notes to come through on my skin. I don't get much of any amber until the very end. Overall it is worth checking out. But I wasn't wowed by it/
30th January, 2017

Gilded Fox by Pinrose

A synthetic chocolaty mess. I don't get anything other then synthetic cocoa, and vetiver. It smells like a scratch and sniff sticker you'd get at christmas. Or a novelty body mist you'd get at bed bath and beyond. It's not horrible, but it's nothing special. Also absolutely no longevity, wears away after about an hour. Just MEH.
27th January, 2017

Forbidden Games by By Kilian

Forbidden Games is a formula I usually am not drawn to, but really love. I completely appreciate people thinking this is a floral fruit bomb. But what I love most about this is the floral heart notes that cut through the fruitiness, and really anchor this as a playful and fun fragrance. Not to be taken to seriously, but rather enjoyed on casual days. I have really been loving this
23rd November, 2016

Mulled Cider by Demeter Fragrance Library

I really enjoy this, especially during the fall and winter time. I mull cider for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and this smells just like it. Not to heavy but the spices and vanilla are very complimentary on my skin. I love how it lasts a decent amount of time on me as well.
07th November, 2016