Reviews by caprifoliaceae

Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Starts out strongly -- lush, almost harsh vegetal green coupled with mint: I think that's the celery/whiskey note some people pick up. There was no spice on me as some have noted; likewise, I pick up almost no vetiver. It's definitely herbal and medicinal in its start: cold, fresh.

Within twenty minutes on me it turns into a slightly smoky incense with a little bit of cardamom.

In the next hour, I still get the incense, but it's tempered by cedar and a rosy peony. It's sweet and powdery, almost like a high-end cosmetic, but not cloyingly so -- it's a bit atmospheric and definitely abstract. I get a little bit of wet stone as well.

My partner thinks it smells like Off! bugspray. I'm miffed at him for mentioning it.

I'm wearing the sample I got right now and I'm about two hours in. It is just beginning to smell of old parchment; this is likely the papyrus note. The incense is there but it's an undertone. I get a bit of iron when I exhale it.

My skin has a habit of turning many florals into baby powder; this is no exception, though it meshes well with the incense and dryness.

I like it a lot, even if it didn't quite match my expectations -- I'm looking for an offbeat signature scent and while I'm not sure this is it, I'll probably add it to my collection in time.
18th November, 2016

David Beckham Instinct by Beckham

Picked up a full bottle several years and haven't tried it more than a handful of times. Most people report citrus and vetiver -- on my skin it is straight and bitter tobacco with very few other notes.

My skin seems to have a habit of transforming perfumes that work for others so take this with a grain of salt.

Sillage seems average -- good for something so cheap.
17th November, 2016

Lucky You for Men by Lucky Brand

Picked this up years ago and have been wearing it intermittently for casual occasions since.

The first spray is alcohol, citrus and something green -- though quite what I'm not sure.

Within the first hour clean bamboo and something akin to the smell of fresh air comes out.

The drydown is mostly a powdery, soft cotton.

Great spring perfume. Very simple and easy to wear, and unbeatable for the price.
17th November, 2016