Reviews by Abbiss

Gucci pour Homme II by Gucci

Gucci pour homme is a very good cold fruit fragrance, with a lot of cucumber feel. It’s similar to many others but has some quality to it. Longevity is good.

Déclaration by Cartier

A gorgeous cardamom opening that goes towards a spicy mandarine. Beautiful!

White Linen by Estée Lauder

What smells more like a bitter vintage greenish floral than an Estée Lauder fragrance? Another floral Estée Lauder fragrance. Ok and potent.

Sensuous by Estée Lauder

Beautiful Belle by Estée Lauder

I love tuberose and I love when it’s treated this way. It’s sweet but not syrupy, with a green, clear fruitiness. Performances are good.

Beautiful by Estée Lauder

I love tuberose, but I don’t like when it’s treated this way. It’s an average vintage bitter fragrance, with too many different flowers and some spices. There’s itchy greenness. Very good performances.

Tomato by Demeter Fragrance Library

This has the usual Demeter plastic and alcohol smell in the opening, but it dries quite nicely to a green tomato plant smell. Totally wearable, and the performances are a bit more than the usual Demeter.
19th December, 2018

Terre de Lumière Intense by L'Occitane

A very good woody fragrance that suits women as well as men. Beautiful, natural smelling.
18th December, 2018

Eau Délassante Parfumante by Nuxe

A very nice light eau de Cologne opening, that goes towards a summery fruity floral. I only wish it performed better!
18th December, 2018

Cool Water Woman by Davidoff

This is the stereotypical fresh, blue frangrance (with all its ozone) going towards something sweeter (watery fruit/vegetable). Unisex in my opinion, with average performances.
16th December, 2018

Prada Candy by Prada

I get fruit before caramel. Despite this note, I’d name it a light (only) gourmand. The opening is very alcoholic and clean musky, with a bit of flower as well. The projection could be better.
02nd December, 2018

L'Interdit (2018 version) by Givenchy

The opening was full on artificial (candy) plum, then it softens with just a little bit of sugar, some bitterness and a pinch of powdery floral (the tuberose is gorgeous and not overpowering). I loved it at first sniff for being very different and can’t wait to smell the vintage version.

Private Collection by Estée Lauder

It’s green, bitter, itchy, strong, old school and nauseating because of all this.

Pure White Linen by Estée Lauder

A light and clean, fresh fragrance. But I didn’t « find » anything interesting, despite the big number of notes that I like.

Pleasures by Estée Lauder

Ah this itchy rose note. I always associate it with lemongrass and mosquito repellent, and i can’t stand it or get over it here. Potent fragrance.

Knowing by Estée Lauder

Knowing is your usual vintage floral fragrance, with a bit of bitterness that I dislike. Very potent, as most Lauder fragrances. Average in this style.

Bronze Goddess Eau de Parfum by Estée Lauder

I was browsing the duty free shop looking for something to accompany me during my 11 hour flight to Miami, and this did a great job.
It’s summery exotic, but not overly. It can be worn as a nice and elegant floral. What seduced me was a bitter almond note with a mix of fruit in the opening. It dissolves mostly into flower later.

Bronze Goddess Eau Fraîche Skinscent by Estée Lauder

It’s like your powerful vintage summer floral, except it’s soft. There’s a body cream itchy note I don’t really like. I love the original version though.

Rochas Man by Rochas

Such a good masculine fragrance. So different. It projects as unisex. It’s dry, earthy, but also sweet and spicy from the vanilla. Love it so much!

Infusion d'Iris by Prada

It’s not bad, but I don’t get much more than a nice eau de Cologne citrus fragrance. Where is the powder of the iris? I don’t get it, really.

Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

I just tested it at the airport. The opening is much of a candy-like, syrupy cherry, with the bitter almond playing a big part in this. It softens to a powdery tonka with amber-like balsam. Unfortunately, this original gourmand and regressive dries down to a cherry blossom that stays way too close to the skin.

Kelly Calèche Eau de Toilette by Hermès

It’s strange to get a smell that should be strong but is so soft. I get a stable smell, not really floral, but that’s may be because of the name. It’s really different from anything else so I give it a positive review, but something is wrong on me.

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

I love the sweetness in this. The vanilla and almond make me think of a lighter version of hypnotic poison. So good.

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

A very good and nice soapy floral that performs well. Then, it’s nothing special for me.

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

A fresh but elegant « masculine » fragrance that’s got a bit of sweetness (or softness) and is different enough from the others.

Museum Collection : White Gardenia by The Merchant of Venice

I get a nice and natural almond along with the flowers. Great fragrance with average performances.
28th November, 2018

Néroli & Orchidée by L'Occitane

Another good but boring floral with fruit notes.
26th November, 2018

Chanel Pour Monsieur by Chanel

I really dislike this one and its “animalic notes” that makes you feel someone has been sneezing over you. My dad used to sneeze a lot and that smells exactly like this. I can’t stand it and hope I’ll never have to smell it again.

Cristalle Eau de Toilette by Chanel

A green, luminous, fruity floral. It’s nothi special, but then, it’s only Chanel... a good classic.

Gabrielle by Chanel

I don’t think anyone would say this is a bad fragrance, but i think it is uninteresting, just like most Chanel fragrances. It’s very similar to other from the house; a classic, non risky floral with a citrus opening.