Reviews by Abbiss

Black XS for Her by Paco Rabanne

A nice fruity gourmand. Very similar to Olympea from the same house. I like the masculine counterpart better, for being more different.
11th November, 2018

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

A beautiful fruity gourmand fragrance for men. Very different from the other masculine fragrances on the market. Fresh and sexy. I would use it, and I like it better than its feminine counterpart.
11th November, 2018

Prodigieux Le Parfum by Nuxe

I loved the sunny, sun product, exotic opening, but I felt a bit of sadness when I smelled the dry down was only a lugubre vintage floral. The fun had disappeared.

Tease Rebel by Victoria's Secret

This was sprayed on undies that I bought. A nice floral fragrance with some bitterness was left in my closed duty free bag. Lovely, but not surprising.

Tam Dao Eau de Parfum by Diptyque

Itís so woody and masculine I canít wear it or stand it, but I know itís well done.

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite by Tom Ford

Very dry, very mineral, very masculine fragrance. I canít stand it but I know itís good.

Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani

A better version of Armani code for women (the powdery feel makes it more interesting), but still nothing very special. Worth a try though, people complimented me for smelling good.

Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani

A sweet and fresh fruity floral that doesnít have anything to do with the masculine version. Not interesting enough. I would have loved the powder thatís in the male counterpart. The cashmere flanker has some, but still very different. As a woman, Iíd wear the masculine Armani code more eagerly than this. It cannot be given a thumbs down though.

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

A very strong floral and oriental fragrance. So vintage. Good.

Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette by Diptyque

A beautifully light, fresh and aromatic vanilla. Itís not too heady, nice for summer.

Fucking Fabulous by Tom Ford

I found this at the airport, finally. It was called only ę†FABULOUS†Ľ. ę†Fucking†Ľ seems to be censored in Belgium.
The tester bottle was nearly empty. I could sniff a very nice oriental. I canít wait to try it properly.

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

A sweet (but not gourmand) and strong fruity floral. Very good performances with a vintage feel.
08th November, 2018

Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden

This would get a positive review if it was called lemon tea. I get a green note that might be green tea but might be any other green plant as well. Itís a sweet cologne. Nothing extraordinary.
08th November, 2018

White Tea by Elizabeth Arden

I found it pleasant, very strong (positively), fruity and floral, until a white musk soapy note appeared. Itís still very present after 6 hours.
07th November, 2018

Baiser Volť by Cartier

The opening is a soapy fruity floral, but the dry down is flowers and vanilla, still with soap. Not super interesting.

Edit: I love the powdery feel it has in the end of its life on my skin. Best base note.
06th November, 2018

La PanthŤre by Cartier

The opening is very special, with floral and animal notes. But then this fragrance disappears into some kind of white musk. I can barely smell anything else.
06th November, 2018

Cologne Intense Collection : Velvet Rose & Oud by Jo Malone

It might be the best rose in my opinion, as it doesnít have this lemongrass feel that I hate. The oud is a bit too faint, and projection is poor, but I enjoy this fragrance a lot.
05th November, 2018

Costa Azzurra by Tom Ford

Thatís the stereotypical ďblue fragranceĒ. Very interesting, yet it feels like you have smelled this in many other fragrances. No note comes above the others. Performances are average.
05th November, 2018

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Such a great fragrance, different from whatís on the market for men. Itís clean and sexy, itís got some powder and spice. I love the use of olive flower (the light anise note). Iím a woman and like to wear it often!
04th November, 2018 (last edited: 07th November, 2018)

Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani

Itís fresh and sporty. I imagine a woman in her 50ís wearing it for a day at the North Sea side, with elegant sport clothes and clean walking shoes. I donít care enough for it to give it a positive rating.
04th November, 2018

Acqua di GiÚ Profumo by Giorgio Armani

I love how Armani man fragrances always have a common blue note but are still very different from one another and from other mainstream fragrances. Itís got spices to warm the water up. Good performances.
04th November, 2018

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Your usual but good masculine fragrance. Itís blue, itís fresh, but I donít care for it at all. Performances are good.
03rd November, 2018

Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

The eau de parfum is such a gorgeous, fresh fruit fragrance. A non-cloying gourmand, that could easily have turned in a kid fragrance if the florals werenít present as well. Good for a sunny spring day. I feel the datura, and I would add cucumber and unripe peach to the notes.
03rd November, 2018

Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci

This is very dry, Smokey and bitter. A lot of leather, a bit of rubber band, and some cypress and vetiver. I donít like it. But I can only give it a thumbs up because itís so well done. Great performances.
02nd November, 2018

Youth Dew by Estťe Lauder

This would be a gorgeous vintage floral with extreme sillage if it didnít have this mosquito spray smell (I associate it with lemongrass). Beautiful anyway.
02nd November, 2018

Terracotta Le Parfum by Guerlain

I randomly tried líInstant and Terracotta at the airport. One on one wrist, the other on the other. They both make me think of honeysuckle, vanilla and something savory in my motherís kitchen. LíInstant is more bitter but lighter. Terracotta has the same base but performa better, feels sweeter and of course more powdery.
They are both beautiful but Terracotta is more worthy of my money.
29th October, 2018

L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain

I randomly tried líInstant and Terracotta at the airport. One on one wrist, the other on the other. They both make me think of honeysuckle, vanilla and something savory in my motherís kitchen. LíInstant is more bitter but lighter. Terracotta has the same base, with coconut instead of vanilla, but performa better, feels sweeter and of course more powdery.
They are both beautiful but Terracotta is more worthy of my money.
29th October, 2018

cK one by Calvin Klein

This review is going to be a bit contradictory. So was the fragrance.

I shared my boyfriendís bottle when I was 18 and he was 38. Thatís 13 years ago. I still have the memories of a fresh fragrance with citrus and woods, that I found cool in my pseudo-feminist young and free years, but also too masculine for what I was thinking I should smell like. It felt like the notes were chosen to balance each other, to the point of zero, like opposite-coloured lights would make the sum of them look white.

Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent

This smells much like a stereotyped powdery vintage floral mix, with predominant rose and lemongrass opening that goes towards metallic aldehydes and soap with time.
Iíd like to sample the original version and understand what makes it special, even if I find it beautiful now.
Adding: why am I hating the bottle so much?

Fever by Jimmy Choo

If I had to wait a fruity, floral gourmand thatís light enough for summer, I would choose this. Modern, with grapefruit and jasmine to keep it from being too sweet.