Reviews by Abbiss

Vintage Naturals 2009 Patchouli by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is a good, pure, soft patchouli. If you don't hate patchouli, you will love it.
17th July, 2017

Fleur Musc for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

It's a very sweet rose fragrance. It almost smells like a mix of bubble gum and rose jam in the opening. Then it goes more subtle. Good.
04th July, 2017

Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This starts with such a gorgeous, floral and "sweetish" vanilla. Beautiful. Then it goes green. Then it goes blue. And you get more vanilla. First sniff love. I want it.
01st July, 2017

Orchidée Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels

It's a good but average vanilla. Very linear. Too soft in projection. Too simple. But good.
29th June, 2017

Carven L'Absolu by Carven

I tested it twice, and I can't remember it. It's very blunt. Very forgettable. Less than an average perfume. Longevity and sillage are very bad as well.
27th June, 2017

Lava Rock by Demeter Fragrance Library

That's a Demeter that I like. It does make me think of lava rocks and it's totally wearable.
08th June, 2017

Eau des Sens by Diptyque

A good and fresh masculine fragrance. Much like a cologne, with a better sillage and longevity.
05th June, 2017

Vintage Naturals 2009 Mimosa by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is so good. A favorite. It's spot on, and of good quality for a cheap price!
04th June, 2017

Love Story by Chloé

It's a nice feminine floral perfume. Longevity and sillage are good. But you'll find many many many others.
03rd June, 2017

Illicit by Jimmy Choo

Lots of citrus and rose... it's not bad, but it's veeeery generic. Longevity and sillage are good.

Sugar Cane by Demeter Fragrance Library

I thought they could do this right, like their rice paddy fragrance, so I bought it blind. I can't smell much except the "Demeter aftersmell". I know i would have loved crisp, raw, green sugarcane. So sad.

Pour Un Homme by Caron

A beautiful, powdery lavender, followed by rose, chocolate and a musky vanilla. It's well done. Masculine, but could be worn by a lady. Well, I wear it.

Soulle Ámbar by Floris

A classic love at first sniff. Not overly feminine, not too masculine. A typical amber with the twist of some original notes.
Try it. If you're a man as well.
Longevity and sillage are both good.
30th May, 2017

En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

How does this get this floral, this intense, crisp and ripe lilac without any actual flower note listed? There's also soap and pollen! Is this magic? So well crafted. I can't believe it.
25th May, 2017

Vaara by Penhaligon's

It's something original. I smell a lot of saffron and roses. Saffron makes it bitter enough for it to be completely unisex. It's not for me, but it's very well crafted. Projection is good, as is longevity. You later get spices.

Good !
24th May, 2017 (last edited: 26th May, 2017)

Emporio Armani Diamonds by Giorgio Armani

A nice floral, mainly about muguet. It's nice, really. But it's not special at all. Longevity and sillage are very average.
24th May, 2017

Neroli Ad Astra by Parfumerie Generale

I won't buy it, but I'm happy I sampled it. Both for the reason that I'm a Neroli fan. It's as beautiful as Neroli can be, but it doesn't have much more.

It's a nice complement and addition to the whole PG collection, which didn't have any fresh and crisp Neroli fragrance, but I don't understand the comparaison with Louanges Profanes, and I can't see why it's even a variation of it, except they both have Neroli... so don't blind buy it just because you love Louanges Profanes.

Sillage and longevity are average. It projects very feminine.

Dune by Christian Dior

Boozy and powdery, with a lot of peony... Dune is getting a very vintage feel now. Wearing it now is very empowering, very classy. I love it as much as I hated it. And I hate that I'm saying that.

Sables by Annick Goutal

After spraying it, Sables made me think of a spicy and bitter cocktail I had with Elderflower. Very boozy. I thought it had a very feminine side, and could surely be worn by both males and females. A bit less in the dry down.

I can't compare it to anything else. It's very warm, with lots of spices, woods and amber.

Try it !

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent des Minimes

The opening made me think of my cooking class, with an alcoholic vanilla extract. Then it softened down to a gorgeous fruity gourmand vanilla. A crisp vanilla, beautiful though linear.

It's very feminine for me.

It's worth a try, if (and only if) you're a vanilla lover.

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

A classical spicy masculine fragrance, with some fresh, unusual, twist. Good performances. I can recognize it's Opium.

Envy for Men by Gucci

This is heavy on spices, with a nice tobacco feel to keep it different from the others. Well done, warm, with a nice evolution. Sillage and longevity are good!

Repetto Le Parfum by Repetto

May be it's because of the brand, but I smell leather and plastic. And guess what? It smells good and original. A very nice surprise. Sillage and longevity are both good enough. Very modern.

L'Art et la Matière : Angelique Noire by Guerlain

Wow, I love this! A lot of vanilla, it gets sweet but it's not cloying thanks to the freshness of bergamot. Of course, it has a powerful floral chore as well. It's long lasting and sillage is good!

Kenzo Peace Vintage Edition by Kenzo

There's For Her written on my sample, but I think this is the same, as I smell the notes and it's very unisex to my nose, from the musky/spicy/woody sides. There's a lot of musk in the opening, then it goes towards tonka and amber. It smells good, but it's very weak. Sillage is bad.

Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès

A very strong, sticky, pure, resinous amber with an animalistic side. It smells like my redhead's skin when I've been under the sun, only stronger, with an orange peel touch.
So so so great. Full bottle worthy. I feel it's masculine. Unisex for sure.

Emeraude Agar by Atelier Cologne

À very nice and bitter scent. Musky, woody. I can't identify what I smell (the eucalyptus is the only sure thing) but it's not very important. I'd say this is masculine.

Mademoiselle Rochas by Rochas

It's well done, but originality is average. I smell a lot of grapefruit. It's good enough for a all-summer fragrance. It's similar to Baby Doll, only a bit stronger.

Dalimania by Salvador Dali

I get a weird green fig opening, it goes everywhere. Then it calms down a bit towards coconut. I wish it would warm up then, but it cools down. Spicy and cold. Powdery. Sillage and longevity are good, but it doesn't deserve a positive rating. It's not bad enough to receive a negative one though.

Summer edit: I love it right now. I want a fb.
09th May, 2017 (last edited: 13th June, 2017)

Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent

An elegant, dark berry cake. A mature gourmand with a lot of blackcurrant and tonka. Very well done. Longevity and sillage are good.
09th May, 2017