Reviews by Abbiss

Pineapple by Demeter Fragrance Library

THIS is a Demeter I keep buying and buying. It's spot on and parfumy. A nice fragrance, not as fake as most Demeter's. Longevity and sillage are ok.

Venetian Bergamot by Tom Ford

Very Tom Ford! Not too spicy, not too floral, not too sweet. Light but with good sillage and longevity. Beautiful mix of a lot of things.

Coco Noir by Chanel

The opening is gorgeous, but then it goes to something very generic and average. A bit disappointing.

Sandalwood by Demeter Fragrance Library

A surprisingly good fragrance from Demeter. You can smell it's a single note, but you can also feel it evolves, from some musky and blue alcoholic opening to a fresh, green floral chore, with a "clean" sandalwood feeling. Well done and cheap!
02nd November, 2017

Zodiac Collection: Virgo by Demeter Fragrance Library

A surprisingly good fragrance from Demeter. You can smell it's a single note, but you can also feel it evolves, from some musky and blue opening to a fresh, green floral chore, with a "clean" feeling. Well done and cheap!
02nd November, 2017

Jelly Belly Fruit Salad by Demeter Fragrance Library

One of the worst fragrances by Demeter. Synthetic candy, rotten fruit and caramel. It doesn't last and has no sillage, fortunately. It went to the bin.
01st November, 2017

Frozen Pond by Demeter Fragrance Library

It just smells like any other aqueous Demeter fragrance. Quite spot-on, but uninteresting.

01st November, 2017

Blood Lime by Demeter Fragrance Library

Very weak performances for a very synthetic fragrance. Another Demeter disappointment.
24th October, 2017

Nectarine Blossom & Honey by Jo Malone

It doesn't smell bad, but it's very synthetic, syrupy fruit. Longevity and sillage are good. It's rather childish.

Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

A lot of spices in a very feminine fragrance. That's not something usual. It opens with white floral and coconut, then dries down to spices.

Aura by Thierry Mugler

A green gourmand. I never smelled anything like this before. It's a very interesting fragrance. You can smell the rhubarb and the creamy vanilla simultaneously, and equally. You could imagine it smells like rhubarb pie. It doesn't. It's not cloying. Very well done.

Kamikaze by Demeter Fragrance Library

Sweet lemon, green tea, vanilla, and something green. Not to forget the "Demeter smell". Not bad enough to be negative, but it's nearly there.
20th October, 2017

Orchid Collection : Calypso by Demeter Fragrance Library

A very cloying synthetic floral with weak performances. I can't imagine anyone liking this and actually buy it.
19th October, 2017

La Vie Est Belle Éclat by Lancôme

I can't give this a neutral rating, but it's a bit boring. Your usual sweet floral. You've smell this many times. It's not cloying. Gourmand and fresh. It can suit anyone.

No. 5 by Chanel

This is a positive review. I haven't worn it during ten years of parfume passion. I just smelled the bottle once. I don't know what was pushing me off. The popularity. The myth. The "madame" side of it.

It won't become a favorite. But I'm here at the airport waiting for my flight and I feel pride and comfort for wearing it. It will follow me for twelve hours and I'm happy I chose it.

Volutes Eau de Toilette by Diptyque

I can't identify the notes listed, and that's why I find it great. I smell only a powdery and smoky amber, slightly masculine but well wearable for a woman. Longevity is very good, sillage is good.

Vanillary by Gorilla Perfume

Vanillary is gourmand and floral. Not too sweet, it's a fresh, greenish vanilla. It's not cloying, even with a wax/honey note. The solid and spray perfumes are very complimentary.
13th October, 2017

Gucci Bloom by Gucci

I love tuberose but, although this is well balanced, this floral is a bit too fresh, too green and too light for me.

Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier

A very nice honey and floral fragrance. I almost bought a full bottle instantly, when I saw I could get a free miniature. It's not cloying. I find the bottle a bit "kitsch", but it's well done and very different. Try it, it's worth it.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Tobacco, vanilla, and lots of spices. Everything with very good sillage. I tried it on along with other fragrances and it went over everything else. I bought it without thinking. It became a favorite, instantly. I think it would be very suitable for men but I'm a young female and I love it.

Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens

As the name says, it opens with spicy wood and softens with a beautiful creamy vanilla. I like it a lot.

Rose Anonyme by Atelier Cologne

This is a beautifully-crafted rose, more complex than others. A different take on rose and oud. Full-bottle-worthy in my opinion. Sillage could be better, but longevity is good.
16th September, 2017

Baihao Yinzhen Tea by Demeter Fragrance Library

A very nice, fresh and green tea fragrance. Unlike other Demeter, it smells like a real fragrance, not with a single note. It's also floral, and aromatic in the way of an eau de Cologne. Unfortunately, sillage and longevity are bad.
16th September, 2017

Lui by Guerlain

I had the opportunity to try this at Guerlain's boutique in Brussels, and it gets a boring 'neutral'. 'Lui' means 'him', but it's truly unisex. It's also a wink to Liu, according to the sale attendant.

I don't understand why they make so much advertisement about it being unisex, when there are so many unisex fragrances around. Nothing special there.

What does it smell like? Your usual spicy and musky male fragrance, but softened with benzoin and vanilla. It's similar to Bois d'Arménie, but weaker, less daring.

Longevity is alright, but sillage is not good enough for me.

Plantain by Demeter Fragrance Library

During the opening, I was worried this would be the same, cloying, sweet, fake smell as other banana fragrances from Demeter. But it softens into something very perfume-y, almost floral. It's a nice cheap fragrance, although it doesn't smell like plantain at all.

Aloe Vera by Demeter Fragrance Library

It smells like a synthetic blue mint, chewing gum kind. I'm going to use it for bed linen.

Rem Eau de Toilette by Réminiscence

It's very aquatic, of course, but it's different from others, with some nice notes that aren't usually used in aquatic fragrances. Good sillage and longevity.
14th September, 2017

Wildflowers by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is a good Demeter. It's a different floral, with green and bitter notes. It's fresh and light, but longevity and sillage are good.
12th September, 2017

Les Elixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain

It's a good chocolate gourmand but, specially for the price, its longevity and sillage leave to be desired.
12th September, 2017

Sunshine by Demeter Fragrance Library

It's a nice, light tonka fragrance, but it's very weak... it disappears very fast.
10th September, 2017