Reviews by Abbiss

Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal

I loved the very unisex amber, powder and mushroom opening but then the projection became too masculine (leather) for me at times. Amber, vanilla and incense. I would absolutely love it on a man, but I know some may say the powdery (iris) feel would be too much for them. Great fragrance anyway.
13th July, 2018

Poivre by Caron

Clove, black pepper, rose, incense and amber are the notes I get and love. I’m happy I was able to test this weirdo and I’m happy to love it. Great performances.
12th July, 2018

Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne

A very (positively) special unisex fragrance. A lot of vanilla with fruit and wood. I love it.
09th July, 2018

Vintage Naturals 2009 Geranium by Demeter Fragrance Library

This isn't exactly the geranium that I know, but it's maybe better so. It's like a bitter rose. Very strong to start with, but quite good when it fades a bit.

Edit: Today I was at the botanical garden and smelled the leaves of scented-leave geranium. This is exactly it. Well done, Demeter !

New edit: today someone said “it smells like mosquito spray here”. Then, another one said “your perfume smells very good, what is it?” Both very positive and negative on the same day.
26th June, 2018

Heliotrope by Demeter Fragrance Library

A very alcoholic (and nothing else) opening with a light white floral and almond note after 5 minutes. It lasts 10 minutes and disappears.
23rd June, 2018

Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt

I saw it at the supermarket so I didn’t think much of it. It’s actually good, with a lot of tuberose and a vintage feel. Some powdery cleanness. A bargain.
21st June, 2018

What Would Love Do? by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

This is so good. Like a mix of Sun (but stronger) and Karma (but lighter) from the same company. You get a lot of mandarine and lavender, and a little bit of what I thought was Tonka but is Benzoin. Good sillage and longevity.
19th June, 2018

Red Jeans by Versace

Sweet, cloying, fruity floral and boring synthetic stuff. I want to scratch my skin off.

Blue Jeans by Versace

I love the box. The opening is all about sweet lemon but it quickly settles to a woody/dryish Eau de Cologne with a younger feel. It’s good, even if it could be more developed. Quite balanced, and not overwhelming in any way. Unisex.

Vanitas by Versace

It’s very nice. Subtle work. Fruity and floral in a different way.

Amor Amor by Cacharel

I rarely give such negative reviews and little stars, but this is exactly awful. It’s itchy musk and fruit, like that free shower gel in your cheap hotel room.

D&G L'Impératrice 3 by Dolce & Gabbana

This is a bunch of fruit. I get a nice acidity. Rhubarb, red currant and kiwi are well present and natural. There’s some green banana as well. I quite love it.

Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford

A very nice, sugary vanilla. But then, it’s nothibg exceptional. “Softer version of tobacco vanille”, I can’t help to think.

Ange ou Démon by Givenchy

A gorgeous and strong gourmand opening, then a fruity dry-down. A reverse fragrance. I wish it stayed stronger for a longer time.

Coco by Chanel

Very vintage floral mix. Potent. Grorgeous.

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Strong, bitter leather with honey, green spices and smoke. Very well crafted.

Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne

Very masculine, dry and bitter mix. Good sillage, a bit too much for a young woman. I didn’t feel comfortable wearing it.
06th June, 2018

Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne

Typical masculine cologne. Think about it and you’ll know what this smells like.
05th June, 2018

Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf

Floral sweetness incarnation. Good sillage, projection and longevity, but it gets fastly uninteresting.
04th June, 2018

Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf

Ok, this review is positive, but there is not much to say about it. Light flowers.
01st June, 2018

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier

I just tried the airport exclusive version. It’s similar to the classic, only with a more ‘bright gourmand’ side, which makes it a bit lighter and more suited for summer. It has the same vintage feel. Very agreeable.

Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier

A much more modern take on a classic. Floral gourmand, with nothing cloying. Less flowers, more honey and acidity. Great! (Scandal makes me think of it).

Un Jardin Après La Mousson by Hermès

I read the notes and I wonder if I was awake enough when trying it on at the airport. It’s nearly only sweet melon and cucumber to my nose. May be a slight woody bitterness. Where are the spices?

Might be on the masculine side. Strong in sillage, good longevity.

Eau de Néroli Doré by Hermès

The opening was nice. Interesting, even. But it quickly fades into a weak and boring eau de Cologne. Disappointing.

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

I won’t say I dislike it, but it’s only a bitter fig fragrance with an eau de cologne base. Not much. Performances are right.

Demeter Naturals - Sunflower by Demeter Fragrance Library

Another good fragrance by Demeter Naturals. The sunflower here smells like a ‘dirty’ mix of pollen and real, high-quality honey. Very nice.
30th May, 2018

L'Ombre dans L'Eau Eau de Toilette by Diptyque

Very good. It opens with a fig-leaf-like bitterness, and some grapefruit, and softens to a white rose.
Sillage is ok, but it doesn’t last this way long enough.
26th May, 2018

Myrrh by Demeter Fragrance Library

It’s a very nice Myrrh scent, but it’s very oily and weak, unfortunately. Barely no sillage and longevity.
24th May, 2018

Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne

A nice, refreshing, strong and bitter Cologne. Somewhat different from the others from the family. Great!
22nd May, 2018

LouLou by Cacharel

Jasmine, iris, mimosa, tiare, sweet vanilla. I get it all and I love it. It also has a nice vintage feel. So good.
22nd May, 2018