Reviews by Abbiss

Elixir des Merveilles by Hermès

A very strong, sticky, pure, resinous amber with an animalistic side. It smells like my redhead's skin when I've been under the sun, only stronger, with an orange peel touch.
So so so great. Full bottle worthy. I feel it's masculine. Unisex for sure.

Emeraude Agar by Atelier Cologne

À very nice and bitter scent. Musky, woody. I can't identify what I smell (the eucalyptus is the only sure thing) but it's not very important. I'd say this is masculine.

Mademoiselle Rochas by Rochas

It's well done, but originality is average. I smell a lot of grapefruit. It's good enough for a all-summer fragrance. It's similar to Baby Doll, only a bit stronger.

Dalimania by Salvador Dali

I get a weird green fig opening, it goes everywhere. Then it calms down a bit towards coconut. I wish it would warm up then, but it cools down. Spicy and cold. Powdery. Sillage and longevity are good, but it doesn't deserve a positive rating. It's not bad enough to receive a negative one though.
09th May, 2017

Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent

An elegant, dark berry cake. A mature gourmand with a lot of blackcurrant and tonka. Very well done. Longevity and sillage are good.
09th May, 2017

O-Zone Woman by Sergio Tacchini

This is all about sweet lemon, with a bit of vanilla. It's not sharp. More on the soft feel. I light Cologne-like fragrance.
07th May, 2017

Furze by Gorilla Perfume

How odd! I love it. It's both fresh and sweet. Flowery, aqueous and spicy. It's not cloying. You get a lot of coconut, but it's green. If there's anything like a green coconut flower fragrance, that's it. I smell sugar cane as well, and the mix of everything makes you think of mimosa. Projection and longevity are amazing.

Euphoria by Gorilla Perfume

Like everything Gorilla, Euphoria is a weirdo. It shares some bases with other Lush fragrances, but it's like a deeper classical Cologne. Modern, citrusy, with pine and other woods. Sage is well present as well. I'd say it's more on the masculine side.

Arpège by Lanvin

How gorgeous! I just tested both the current EDP and vintage extrait. They are very different. I prefer the EDP. It's all about a beautifully mixed tuberose. A bit sweet but not cloying. Sexy and elegant, with good projection and longevity. Current but vintage.

The vintage extrait is more disappointing. Of course, it smells oily and stays very close to the skin. It's rounder. Powdery. Discreet. This extrait could be worn by men as well, while I think the EDP is very feminine.

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

A lot of beautiful spices, well done, pleasant, with good longevity and sillage. Truely unisex, with a masculine side. The only problem is that you have probably smelled very similar fragrances before.

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

A very sexy masculine fragrance, fruity and flowery. Well done, but without much originality. Good performances.

The Bug by Gorilla Perfume

How original. The bug is like a powdery pine médecine, with a lemony and typically lush woody dry down. The opening made me think of a vintage Shalimar.
Masculine, with a good sillage and average longevity. Gorilla perfume lovers will... well, love it!

Elle L'Aime by Lolita Lempicka

A very good tropical fragrance of fruit, life jasmine and coconut that can go a bit soapy before disappearing into vanilla. Sillage and longevity are great! (I'm reviewing the EDP)

The One by Dolce & Gabbana

I wish it stayed with this gorgeous opening of fruit, vanilla and musk. Then it goes very floral. It stays beautiful, but I really loved the opening. Worth trying. A classic. Sillage and longevity are good on the EDP.

Shalimar Souffle de Parfum by Guerlain

This is not Shalimar, don't expect Shalimar. There are some common notes, especially if you wear vintage Shalimar on the other wrist. But it's very good on its own! A wonderful floral with some spices and a gourmand dry-down. I'm happy I randomly got a sample of this and I hope I'll get a full bottle. Sillage could be better, though.

La Petite Robe Noire Couture by Guerlain

Berries made classy, but the whole fragrance is a bit uninteresting for me. I bought it blindly after smelling the first "La petite robe noire" on people. I don't regret buying it, but I wouldn't have bought "La Petite Robe Noire Couture" if I had sampled it before.

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I find the opening of Angel Eau de Parfum difficult to go through. A musky chocolate. But the dry down is to die for. It gets acid with berries and bergamot. Then, the basenotes of silky caramel are gorgeous. I just wish sillage and longevity were longer.

Very Irrésistible by Givenchy

I was smelling red fruit (mostly strawberry) and mint. What a surprise: it's rose and patchouli. A very good cocktail, which is not too cloying although it goes to the soapy side.

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

I've got a sample of "Opium Secret de Parfum". I guess it's the same as the EDP, as the notes and descriptions fit. The opening is very aggressive, itchy, acid, almost vinegar-ish. Then it settles in a beautiful mix of florals (jasmine) and myrrhe which gives it a masculine side. Beautifully vintage and sexily feminine though. Sillage and longevity are huge!

I like the EDT even better, as it is softer and spicier, but with as much sillage.

Figuier Ardent by Atelier Cologne

This is the best fig leaf fragrance I've ever smelled. It goes warmly towards the fruit and spices (and I smell some lavender) instead of the usual colder, aqueous fragrances. I usually describe fig fragrances as blue or green. This one is dark purple, almost brown. Unisex. I only wish projection was better. Well worth a full bottle.

Narciso by Narciso Rodriguez

Is my sample gone wrong? I smell alcohol in the opening, then a weak floral and some musk, and then nothing. Is it fresh to the point that you almost don't smell it? The little I smell is very generic. Disappointment.

L'Art et la Matière : Rose Barbare by Guerlain

I don't get it. A very soft, light rose. When spraying, it's almost only alcohol. It's acid in the opening and goes soapy very quickly. It could be positive if longevity and sillage were better. I don't like to define a perfume according to its price, but you'd expect better performances from any fragrance anyway.

J'Adore L'Absolu by Christian Dior

It isn't fruit. It's like sweet tuberose. A very beautiful floral fragrance. It's not special for the smell itself, but it's very well done and above most of the other ones in this category. Longevity and sillage are good.

Apsu by Ulrich Lang

The opening of mango and vinegar settling down towards pear was gorgeous. I thought I would love it. Then it disappeared into something green and musky making me think of DKNY Be Delicious, that always makes me sick. It's just my reaction though, so it gets a neutral.

Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos

I'm not sure how and why I ended with a paid sample of this. A lot of everything. Spices (goes towards black pepper) and powder. Too sweet, too bitter at times. A bit generic, but still enjoyable on a man.

Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons

This is a weirdo. Fruity, sweet, bitter, musky. I find it very difficult to understand. It's got too much of everything, and it feels untangled. Mostly for men. You might like it, but sample first.

Shalimar by Guerlain

I tested the current Shalimar EDP and was a bit disappointed. A lot of bergamot with some cardamom and then a powdery rose (almost itchy). Then it settles down finally but doesn't give a good sillage. I ordered a vintage bottle from the 70's. I hope it gives me the perfect vanilla everyone speaks about. What's funny is that it smells different if you smell it one cm away from another spot.

Shalimar from the 70´s is so much better. Both softer and spicier, with an amber, cashmere feel.
29th April, 2017 (last edited: 02nd May, 2017)

Au Coeur du Desért by Tauer

Citrus, patchouli bitterness that goes towards cypress, powder and ambergris. It's well done, but I don't like it enough.

Very masculine.

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

How gorgeous!

Citrus, pear, vanilla, balm, spices. Love at first sniff! Longevity is great. Sillage is average. I need a full bottle already!

Boy Chanel by Chanel

I didn't think I would love this so much. A beautiful, unisex fruity fragrance. It starts bitter, goes clean and ends sweet.
A lot of fruit, some greenness and vanilla.
I can't compare it. Well done!