Reviews by Abbiss

Plum Blossom by Demeter Fragrance Library

A fresh floral. It doesn't perform too bad for a Demeter.

L'Eau Rare Matale 06 by Parfumerie Generale

I don't smell much more than a mix of black and white pepper... not bad. Not interesting.

Gingerale by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is a very spot on one!

Tuberose Flash by Tauerville

I love tuberose. That's why this gets a neutral review. It opens with a very (too) sweet, projecting tuberose, but it doesn't last. The tuberose goes dry very quickly. It lacks intensity. There's no work around it. Not interesting to me.

L'Art et la Matière : Tonka Impériale by Guerlain

Like Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tonka Impériale stays as a veil on the skin for a long time. They are not comparable, still I need to say that there is ironically more vanilla in this one that in SDV. And like in SDV, you've got to go through some very hard seconds in the opening (urine, here, jasmine I guess), before getting the nutty and spicy, sweet and soft tonka, allied to tobacco.
I thought I could compare it to Fève Délicieuse, but the tonka there is stronger, as beautiful, but with less work around it.
A gorgeous unisex gourmand.

Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne

Oh, i was so happy to finally try this one... it sounded like an interesting vanilla. And then, the disappointment. It smells like Demeter! The same "backscent". I think my mind's tricking me into this because of the coriander. It's quite weak but long-lasting.

Fève Délicieuse by Christian Dior

Delicious. When spraying, you get a strong vanilla with milk chocolate. Then the tonka goes bitter and something a bit balsamic appears (I dislike this part). The dry down is all about pralines.
Good tonka. Only if you've got a sweet too... nose !

Amyris Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

There is either too much fruit or too much powder. I don't know, but something is not working there. It's itchy to the nose, it's cloying. Longevity and sillage are good.

Demeter Naturals - Lilac by Demeter Fragrance Library

It starts in an awfully fishy way and goes towards a very sweet and powdery floral. It's not even close to the real flower. And it's got this cloying Demeter finish.

Paperback by Demeter Fragrance Library

Oh. I hate it. I threw the sample directly to the garbage. It smells like rotting fish to me.

Gardenia by Demeter Fragrance Library

It's spot on, but very synthetic. It's got this usual Demeter finish. Longevity is bad, but sillage very good while it lasts.

Hyperessence Matale 12 by Parfumerie Generale

I like the few first seconds, when it smells like Chartreuse, green, spicy, fresh, herbal. But then it goes into something dusty, old, itchy. There's something warm, animalistic as well. It clashes with itself.

Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton

THe opening is very fruity. Citrus, peach.
Then it stays fruity but vanilla and chocolate add to the mix. It's a good oriental gourmand.

psychédélique / Psychedelic by Jovoy

A long-lasting powdery but masculine fragrance. Beautiful patchouli, musk and amber accord. There's dark cocoa bitterness and some smoke.

Coromandel by Chanel

The vintage feel. A "dirty jasmine" along with musk in the opening. I get citrus notes as well, and much powder of course. Great work, obviously.

Cadavre Exquis by Bruno Fazzolari

It doesn't work for me, even with full openmindness. It's like rotting jasmine and chocolate and spices all mixed together... I'll give the sample away. I never do that.

Hot Toddy by Demeter Fragrance Library

Synthetic caramel. Lots of it. Not spot on.

Pure eVe / Pure Virgin by The Different Company

Beautiful! It opens with an "hypnotic-poison" like vanilla, but softer (calisson and cedar make this up?). Powdery, sweet, caramelized. It's a gorgeous mix. Then white flowers (with a neroli feel) add to the whole... I felt completely lost with the base notes listed here, but thinking of how they interact, it makes more sense. So well made!

Neroli Blanc by Au Pays de la Fleur d’Oranger

One of the most beautiful neroli I came accross. So soft and powdery. And it doesn't mention neroli in the notes. So complex and simple in the same time.

Do Son by Diptyque

Do Son makes something fantastic with tuberose: it's fresh, not sweet. It has acidity. It's nearly marine, salty. There are other white flowers, like lily of the valley. Longevity and sillage are good! I think I'll try to get a full bottle.

Adjatay Cuir Narcotique by The Different Company

I love tuberose but I dislike leather. I was wondering about this one.

You get a lot of sweet tuberose, some powdery neroli and then it's all about dry leather. Not for me, but well-made.

Replica Funfair Evening by Martin Margiela

So disappointing. Not at all what I thought it would be from the name. It's a very light, faint floral, like orange blossom water, with a synthetic feel. Nearly no projection, sillage or longevity. Might be good (but expensive) for a child.

Replica Flower Market by Martin Margiela

It's nice, fresh, light, floral. I get a lot of waterlily from it. I like it, I might consider buying a full bottle if I feel the need for this category of fragrances.

Replica By the Fireplace by Martin Margiela

I usually don't like smokey fragrances, but this one is great. May be a tad too sweet (even though I love vanilla). It's original. It made me think of when I burnt (a bit) caramel popcorn. I'll consider buying a full bottle.

Papyrus de Ciane by Parfumerie Generale

A very bitter opening for a very green scent. A mix of everything green that slowly fades away into something soapy. Not bad. Not good. More on the masculine side.

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès

I decided to buy a full bottle just after spraying it once.

The opening is fruity and spicy. The amber and honey arrive very fast, followed by tobacco, cinnamon and apple. Every note is distinguishable, and mix up together beautifully. An addictive favorite. Try it.

Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille by Mona di Orio

I was very impatient to smell this one. May be I was expecting too much. That's a very masculine take on vanilla, may be too masculine for me. I appreciate the work, I know it's well done. But I hate the opening. It nearly made me sick. Then, the smoky notes really irritated me. I loved the "cardamom-type" spice I got then, but I wanted to remove the smoke. The dry down was more tolerable, and the vanilla gorgeous, but less original.

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I don't think my review of it is much needed, but I think it deserves one more thumb up!

Intoxicated by By Kilian

When smelling it from the cap, I thought it was a beautiful, powdery and feminine amber. But when spraying it, I got nice spices (pepper and cardamom) that quickly went into a fruity coffee (or fresh, dark cocoa of the fruity type). It's beautiful, but I don't think it would be classified as a feminine fragrance.

Replica Promenade In the Gardens by Martin Margiela

It's much more blue than green to my nose. It has the bitterness of rain falling on flowers. It's well done, but I just don't bother... a bit boring, may be. A bit too much of a pot-pourri. A short thumb up.