Reviews by Abbiss

Gucci Bloom by Gucci

I love tuberose but, although this is well balanced, this floral is a bit too fresh, too green and too light for me.

Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier

A very nice honey and floral fragrance. I almost bought a full bottle instantly, when I saw I could get a free miniature. It's not cloying. I find the bottle a bit "kitsch", but it's well done and very different. Try it, it's worth it.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Tobacco, vanilla, and lots of spices. Everything with very good sillage. I tried it on along with other fragrances and it went over everything else. I bought it without thinking. It became a favorite, instantly. I think it would be very suitable for men but I'm a young female and I love it.

Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens

As the name says, it opens with spicy wood and softens with a beautiful creamy vanilla. I like it a lot.

Rose Anonyme by Atelier Cologne

This is a beautifully-crafted rose, more complex than others. A different take on rose and oud. Full-bottle-worthy in my opinion. Sillage could be better, but longevity is good.
16th September, 2017

Baihao Yinzhen Tea by Demeter Fragrance Library

A very nice, fresh and green tea fragrance. Unlike other Demeter, it smells like a real fragrance, not with a single note. It's also floral, and aromatic in the way of an eau de Cologne. Unfortunately, sillage and longevity are bad.
16th September, 2017

Lui by Guerlain

I had the opportunity to try this at Guerlain's boutique in Brussels, and it gets a boring 'neutral'. 'Lui' means 'him', but it's truly unisex. It's also a wink to Liu, according to the sale attendant.

I don't understand why they make so much advertisement about it being unisex, when there are so many unisex fragrances around. Nothing special there.

What does it smell like? Your usual spicy and musky male fragrance, but softened with benzoin and vanilla. It's similar to Bois d'Arménie, but weaker, less daring.

Longevity is alright, but sillage is not good enough for me.

Plantain by Demeter Fragrance Library

During the opening, I was worried this would be the same, cloying, sweet, fake smell as other banana fragrances from Demeter. But it softens into something very perfume-y, almost floral. It's a nice cheap fragrance, although it doesn't smell like plantain at all.

Aloe Vera by Demeter Fragrance Library

It smells like a synthetic blue mint, chewing gum kind. I'm going to use it for bed linen.

Rem Eau de Toilette by Réminiscence

It's very aquatic, of course, but it's different from others, with some nice notes that aren't usually used in aquatic fragrances. Good sillage and longevity.
14th September, 2017

Wildflowers by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is a good Demeter. It's a different floral, with green and bitter notes. It's fresh and light, but longevity and sillage are good.
12th September, 2017

Les Elixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain

It's a good chocolate gourmand but, specially for the price, its longevity and sillage leave to be desired.
12th September, 2017

Sunshine by Demeter Fragrance Library

It's a nice, light tonka fragrance, but it's very weak... it disappears very fast.
10th September, 2017

Zodiac Collection: Leo by Demeter Fragrance Library

10th September, 2017

Carven Le Parfum by Carven

A lot of white flowers to make a nice fragrance, just like so many others. Longevity and sillage should be better.

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

A very bitter opening that goes woody, musky and spicy. It's not bad, but nothing special.

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Lots of incense and very Amouage and feminine. I don't get jow this is classified as masculine. Flowery.

American Cream by Lush

It's a soft, fruity, powdery and clean vanilla that you can't help but love. Very different. Totally similar to the conditionner. Good!

Ginger by Gorilla Perfume

I hated it during the first minute. A very bitter, manly ginger. Then the ginger faded into a powdery, soapy and flowery fragrance that's mature and feminine. Sillage and longevity are good.

Vanilla Lust by Jill Stuart

I don't get the "vanilla extract" and the "sweet" comments. This is so much more and so different from other vanilla fragrances. The vanilla is salty and musky, a bit bitter. Fresh. I love it.

Vetiver by Demeter Fragrance Library

It doesn't smell too bad, but this is certainly not vetiver. It's something sweet, fruity and light. Very similar to "frozen berries" from the same brand, but lighter.
03rd September, 2017

Zodiac Collection: Sagittarius by Demeter Fragrance Library

03rd September, 2017

Ocean by Demeter Fragrance Library

This scent is so weak. It smells fresh for a minute, then it's gone before you can figure out anything.

Zodiac Collection: Cancer by Demeter Fragrance Library

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

A nice young and fresh fragrance, with a lot of grapefruit. Very average if you compare it to the market though. Good sillage and longevity.

Patchouli by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is a good, pure, soft patchouli. If you don't hate patchouli, you will love it.

Dia Woman by Amouage

This is a typical Amouage fragrance. I could say it's Amouage blindly. The floral version of Amouage!

Good sillage and longevity!

Rentless by Lush

Amber is not listed in this, but it's a beautiful amber fragrance. It's a bit green, like pine, in the opening, then it's full amber and it softens to something a bit fruity. Well done!

Cotton Candy by Demeter Fragrance Library

That's a Demeter I keep buying. I'm not sure why but I love it. It's childish, regressive. It doesn't even smell like cotton candy. It smells like acid strawberries of the candy type.
Very comforting.

Tuca Tuca by Gorilla Perfume

I love it. At first smell, blindly, I could say this is Gorilla perfume. I love how the violet is sweetly treated here, compared to their Kirbside violet where it's too green. Here the violet is soft and syrupy. Good sillage and longevity.
30th August, 2017