Reviews by Abbiss

Rudis by Nobile 1942

A bitter sweet fragrance. I mostly get saffron and rose. Interesting while it lasts. But that’s not long.
10th September, 2018

Museum Collection : Vanilla Orchid by The Merchant of Venice

It’s a light and soft vanilla, with short sillage and longevity.
07th September, 2018

Noble Potion by The Merchant of Venice

Very good bitter sweet fruit fragrance. Quite good. I get a lot of cinnamon. Projection and longevity are average.
04th September, 2018 (last edited: 08th September, 2018)

Museum Collection : Vetiver Bourbon by The Merchant of Venice

I can’t find anything good, appealing or interesting in this collection. Boring light vetiver.

Museum Collection : Black Pepper by The Merchant of Venice

Very bitter. I can’t smell the pepper in it. Just another “typically masculine” fragrance.

Byzantium Saffron by The Merchant of Venice

Very bitter fragrance, with not much to smell.

Peau d'Ange by Cerchi nell'Acqua

A very nice soft floral, with a gourmand side.

Rem L'Acqua by Réminiscence

Yuk. So awful. It’s like that aftersmell I hate and we should all hate in Demeter. Except there’s nothing else.
02nd September, 2018

Happy Felicia Roses by Chopard

A clean fesh fruity fragrance. Nothing interesting. But good.
31st August, 2018

Omnia Pink Sapphire by Bulgari

Your random pink fragrance is pink and random.
28th August, 2018

J'Adore inJoy by Christian Dior

A light fruity floral, grown up and good for summer. I can definitely smell a salty side.
24th August, 2018

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermès

Sweet fruit and greenness. Would make a nice kid fragrance.
23rd August, 2018

Quince by Demeter Fragrance Library

It’s an awful synthetic and sweet pear. It’s got too much of this plastic-like Demeter « afterscent » that I cant stand.
18th August, 2018

Zodiac Collection: Gemini by Demeter Fragrance Library

I don’t smell anything but a very light and sweet cucumber. Might be good for a kid.
17th August, 2018

Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain

It’s sweet but it’s dry. A bit in the way an oil can be dry. It’s not a gourmand, but it has the honey smell that some flowers offer. I would love it if it wasn’t staying so close to my skin. Joyful tuberose, with a bit of « putrefaction ».

16th August, 2018

Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal

I loved the very unisex amber, powder and mushroom opening but then the projection became too masculine (leather) for me at times. Amber, vanilla and incense. I would absolutely love it on a man, but I know some may say the powdery (iris) feel would be too much for them. Great fragrance anyway.
13th July, 2018

Poivre by Caron

Clove, black pepper, rose, incense and amber are the notes I get and love. I’m happy I was able to test this weirdo and I’m happy to love it. Great performances.
12th July, 2018

Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne

A very (positively) special unisex fragrance. A lot of vanilla with fruit and wood. I love it.
09th July, 2018

Vintage Naturals 2009 Geranium by Demeter Fragrance Library

This isn't exactly the geranium that I know, but it's maybe better so. It's like a bitter rose. Very strong to start with, but quite good when it fades a bit.

Edit: Today I was at the botanical garden and smelled the leaves of scented-leave geranium. This is exactly it. Well done, Demeter !

New edit: today someone said “it smells like mosquito spray here”. Then, another one said “your perfume smells very good, what is it?” Both very positive and negative on the same day.
26th June, 2018

Heliotrope by Demeter Fragrance Library

A very alcoholic (and nothing else) opening with a light white floral and almond note after 5 minutes. It lasts 10 minutes and disappears.
23rd June, 2018

Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt

I saw it at the supermarket so I didn’t think much of it. It’s actually good, with a lot of tuberose and a vintage feel. Some powdery cleanness. A bargain.
21st June, 2018

What Would Love Do? by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

This is so good. Like a mix of Sun (but stronger) and Karma (but lighter) from the same company. You get a lot of mandarine and lavender, and a little bit of what I thought was Tonka but is Benzoin. Good sillage and longevity.
19th June, 2018

Coco by Chanel

Very vintage floral mix. Potent. Gorgeous.
09th June, 2018 (last edited: 25th August, 2018)

Red Jeans by Versace

Sweet, cloying, fruity floral and boring synthetic stuff. I want to scratch my skin off.

Blue Jeans by Versace

I love the box. The opening is all about sweet lemon but it quickly settles to a woody/dryish Eau de Cologne with a younger feel. It’s good, even if it could be more developed. Quite balanced, and not overwhelming in any way. Unisex.

Vanitas by Versace

It’s very nice. Subtle work. Fruity and floral in a different way.

Amor Amor by Cacharel

I rarely give such negative reviews and little stars, but this is exactly awful. It’s itchy musk and fruit, like that free shower gel in your cheap hotel room.

D&G L'Impératrice 3 by Dolce & Gabbana

This is a bunch of fruit. I get a nice acidity. Rhubarb, red currant and kiwi are well present and natural. There’s some green banana as well. I quite love it.

Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford

A very nice, sugary vanilla. But then, it’s nothibg exceptional. “Softer version of tobacco vanille”, I can’t help to think.

Ange ou Démon by Givenchy

A gorgeous and strong gourmand opening, then a fruity dry-down. A reverse fragrance. I wish it stayed stronger for a longer time.