Reviews by Abbiss

Gentleman Eau de Parfum by Givenchy

I loved the vanilla on paper. I loved the pine feeling on my skin. While I was looking at the flankers, the male S.A. said: what does Monsieur like? “It’s for me.” “It’s a male fragrance, madam.” “I’ve not seen its penis yet, sir.”
I’m currently loving the spices as well. I don’t know why I got feelings of l’Eau des Baux. Well, I kind of know, the vanilla, the spices... but it’s very different anyway.

Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford

It’s only lavender, of course. Maybe a bit of smoky tonka. Lavender smells good, of course. I can’t give it a negative review, but, really, go get yourself essential oil.

Soleil Neige by Tom Ford

I was hoping to find some Soleil Blanc in this, but stronger, with a fresh but wintertime feeling. I can’t feel anything else than Cologne-style citrus. Ok, creamy vanilla and a tiny bit of animal flower. Disappointing, boring, but not to the point of being negative.

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

Your usual male fragrance. Well done, and that’s pretty much it.

Demeter Naturals - Vétiver by Demeter Fragrance Library

First of all, like all Demeter Naturals, this is oil on the skin.
I don’t like vetiver fragrances as they feel too earthy, bitter and masculine for me. But this one is very enjoyable. It’s green but not bitter. There’s a nice woody feeling, and I get the non-alcoholic part of plant-based, green liquors like Chartreuse or absinthe. Very nice!
24th November, 2019

Daïma by Fragonard

Daïma is my favorite from Fragonard, which isn’t a very good house for me. This one is fruity, almost tropical with a beachy-coconut feel. But it’s not too sweet. The base is floral. Performances are good.
25th October, 2019

Encens Jinhae by Atelier Cologne

I usually dislike green, cologne-like fragrance, and acid rose (I always say rose with lemongrass) is my most disliked accord. Yet the greenness in this is very warm (and fresh, go figure) like in a Chartreuse liquor. May be it comes from a certain kind of sweetness. The rose is fresh as well, but not green. Incense is gorgeous in the beginning, then fades away. I love it because I would dislike it.
14th October, 2019

Natura Fabularis : 26 Tenebrae by L'Artisan Parfumeur

It really is nothing bad but well... It feels masculine and completely boring and usual.
13th October, 2019

Chance Eau de Toilette by Chanel

A very nice, fresh, fruity but not gourmand fragrance.

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

A nice, green and acid floral. Light but with good performances. Good for summer.

Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel

Finally a male fragrance that’s different. I’d define it as blue citrus. Good performances.

Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

It’s a soft leather (only) with a blue feel. I don’t see anything original or innovative enough for it to be interesting or more attractive than any other fragrance. I can appreciate its quality though.

FlowerbyKenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo

Floral and gourmand, with a powdery feel that makes it elegant enough, and a fruity acidity that prevents it from being cloying. No love at first sniff, but very pleasant and comforting for a flight.

Mesmerize for Men by Avon

The notes were very tempting, even for a young woman. I found a sample from the nineties and poured it on myself. It’s just another bitter woody masculine mix. Not bad, but not too interesting.
24th August, 2019

Stayin' Alive by Lush

Incense, green stuff, benjoin and bubblegum. Very lush. A favorite.
25th July, 2019

Mimosa Indigo by Atelier Cologne

This is a very unisex (which might project masculine to many) fragrance. I love mimosa but unfortunately I get mostly a dry leather with a traditional eau de cologne feel.
23rd July, 2019

Aqua Allegoria Pera Granita by Guerlain

A very neutral floral with some white fruit feeling. Fresh but with a candy-like sweetness.
06th July, 2019

Empressa by Penhaligon's

I don’t get the notes described but it’s an average and not so pleasant sweet fruity floral with good performances.
11th June, 2019

Elisabethan Rose by Penhaligon's

It’s surprising to read reviews about the sourness in this because I was actually surprised that this rose doesn’t have the acidity I dislike in most roses. It’s a soft but strong rose with powder and something that makes me think of my skin smell under the sun. Very good.
10th June, 2019

Iris Prima by Penhaligon's

It’s not bad, but it gets a neutral rating because I was really expecting something better.
The iris is dry and bitter, and quite weak for performances.
07th June, 2019

Noir Premier : Illusion Captive 1898 by Lalique

A very good and traditional Chypre with great performances. Makes me think a lot to le marchand de Venise fragrances.
29th May, 2019

Les Compositions Parfumées : Oriental Zinc by Lalique

It opens very fruity and evolves towards a classical spicy masculine fragrance with extra vanilla. It makes me think of fragrances by Le Marchand de Venise or l’eau des missions. Very very nice !
29th May, 2019

Caligna by L'Artisan Parfumeur

A green fruit, a bit too warm. I find it cloying. Very similar to the green DKNY.
26th May, 2019

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue by Versace

This is not bad. But there’s not much to say about it. It’s your usual blue fragrance (as the name says), intended for the masculine market.
26th May, 2019

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There's something grey in this Vetiver, along with fruit acidity and spiciness, which I associate directly with mango. I don't get a lot of sweetness. Is it the incense? The benzoin is also very noticeable to my nose, as is the pink pepper. Gorgeous, complicated (in the right sense) fragrance, that might project as masculine to people. I don't care.
06th May, 2019

Icon by Gorilla Perfume

This is a gorgeous, bitter, cologne-like citrus that goes towards a woody-mushroomy incense. It may lean towards a masculine projection (people think of patchouli). Good longevity!
03rd May, 2019

L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême / Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur

A gorgeous, powdery and sweetish amber. I visited a shop with my now boyfriend and he has bought it directly as his first niche fragrance. I had to get a bottle for myself as well. It’s beautiful and unisex. People say we smell different when we both use it. Powerful but soft. Natural. The dry down smells like dry wood in a sauna.
23rd April, 2019

Premier Figuier by L'Artisan Parfumeur

A gorgeous figtree, obviously, with all its milkyness, fruitiness, bitterness, sweetness and greenness. But a figtree anyway.
19th April, 2019

Mont de Narcisse by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Mont de Narcisse is a gorgeous floral with a bit of rubber (is it pepper?) in the opening that keeps it very unisex. Its powdery feel makes me think of Bois Farine from the same house. I can for sure smell narcissus in its powderness, and the dryness of an unsweet fruit liquor.
15th April, 2019

Elegance by Avon

I found a box of Avon samples I used to get from my grandmother in the 90’s. This, of course, smells very vintage and floral, with a powdery rose and something soapy. I like it a lot for its performances, even if it smells like a lot of other fragrances from this time. May be it lost some interesting notes like the cinnamon.
15th April, 2019