Reviews by Charley

Black by Bulgari

Bvlgari Black: From the online reviews, I was expecting something like Dior Fahrenheit (one which will make your nose burn and eyes water), but this is actually an original variation on the familiar warm and spicy, oriental category. The opening is a blast of some kind of unfamiliar spice. I don't smell any of the rubber notes that have been discussed. I can kind of discern a "smokey" note, although I wouldn't have called it that without reading the other reviews. All together, I would rate this an "A-": a worthy contender, but I have no plans to buy at this time. The price, however, is quite reasonable.
30th December, 2016

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Short take: This is a "wild" fragrance, sweet and spicy, with a warm drydown. I like it, but I prefer Armani Code (or Code Ultimate or Profumo) to which it shares a family resemblance. Code is less "wild" but more complex and amber. I have a sample, but I don't plan on buying a bottle of the A*Men. I would like to try the A*Men Pure Malt, though.
15th December, 2016

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

Perfect Scent for work/office! Strong citrus notes. It recalls Armani Code a little, warm and spicy, but it's more fresh and clean smelling. Love the spices, whatever they are. Good for night and day. No criticisms of this one. Not as strong and intoxicating as Armani Code, but that can be can be a good thing.
12th December, 2016 (last edited: 20th December, 2016)

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Overall, this is a classic scent that you would expect to smell on a man at an office or bank. It won't offend anyone, and some people seem to love if.
It does smell fresh and aquatic, so if that's what you like, this might be a good choice. But try it first. I learned I don't like "aquatic scents," at least this one. Acqua di Gio smells a little rotten to me.
12th December, 2016