Reviews by direktorbino

Exclusive Oud by Zara

A very good oud scent with a lean towards the gourmand side, rather than an animalic oud. Exclusive Oud is well rounded, never any edginess, nor dominance from any singular note. The synthetic oud here is ‘soft’, aided by the spice notes; the patchouli keeps this from becoming overly sweet. Oud and a not-bitter cedar note endure throughout the drydown and display above average longevity. Sillage crescendos not into offensive levels, and that’s quite alright as this is a sensual scent.
Overall, this is quite agreeable, delicious and a great blind buy. Zara Exclusive Oud and Sultan Al Oudh by Al-Rehab, are quite similar and easily my favorites in the Oud family.
05th November, 2017 (last edited: 09th November, 2017)

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu gives me a sense of tranquility, much like burning Nag Champa incense does during my meditation.
The top notes (playful and not overwhelming mango included) make for a smooth, sweet entry but it’s the dry down where this beauty shines for me. The papyrus and frankincense play the largest part in said dry down, and the smoky aura is heavenly. It is refined, relaxing, not loud, and lasts a long while on skin and fabric. Romantic and quite addicting is this offering from L’Artisan Parfumeur.
If you are debating buying this blindly, you will not be disappointed with this one.
15th October, 2017

Boss Number One by Hugo Boss

(2017 formula) This fougere is well done and is quite uplifting. To me, it falls somewhere between Aramis and Lauder for men. Maybe a bit more masculine than the latter actually.
The base notes in this current formulation make for average longevity, and the sillage never reaches 80's era levels.
It is a feel good scent and deserves your attention, should you be seeking an affordable classic fougere.
Blind buy? Do it.
11th September, 2017 (last edited: 13th September, 2017)

L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

What a lovely scent. As a fan/owner of Jicky and other Guerlain offerings {masculine/feminine/shared}, L'heure Bleue EdP was on my wishlist. The powdery florals remind me of Caswell-Massey Jockey Club, reputed to be JFK's favored scent and one of my favorite fragrances.
L'heure didn't reveal its vanilla and iris on me until much later, but close to the skin it is quite delicious.
This was a blind buy and I would like to thank all of you BN reviewers of L'heure Bleue, as your input and opinions helped make this purchase an easy decision.
P.S. this is my first review on BN!
18th July, 2017 (last edited: 19th July, 2017)