Reviews by mobes119

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Just the memories alone are worth the 5-star rating. Kouros was my "go to" for nearly a decade in my youth. I'm guessing that no less than five of my friends began wearing Kouros after smelling it on me. I hate to pick up the reformulated version, but I'm gonna have to soon!

Shooting Stars: Kobe by Xerjoff

Loved everything about Kobe- except for the price. Thinking about driving for Uber on the weekends so that I can actually afford to own a bottle of this glorious juice;)

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

A true beast of a fragrance that lives up to every bit of the hype and considerable accolades. The others have described it beautifully, so I won't try to add to that. I will say that this is one of the very few fragrances that I can imagine will ALWAYS be a part of my arsenal.

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

Not a crowd-pleaser, so I think it takes a little self-confidence to pull off a fragrance like this. All in all, it's simply a fascinating piece of artistry by Andy Tauer that I always look forward to wearing and enjoying- just for me!

Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's

Smells just wonderful- very fresh and quite appealing. The problem is that 2 hours later, it was gone. As in, completely disappeared. If this baby had any kind of longevity, it would easily be full-bottle worthy. Oh how I wish...

Encre Noire by Lalique

I'm clearly missing something here. I don't get it. I found this to be simply horrendous- way too sharp and bitter. Seeing all of the love here, I'm going to give it another shot, but I"m not optimistic.

Ambre Loup by Rania J

From a little-known house, this is one of my absolute favorites. Much better that most ambers that are twice the price. Glad I stumbled upon this gem. Kudos, Rania!

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Phenomenal fragrance and a steal for the price! Amazing.

Aventus by Creed

Nice juice, but count me among those who don't really see what all the fuss is about. A pleasant fragrance and that's about it.

Amber Aoud by Roja Dove

Short and sweet- one of the very best scents I've ever put my nose on. If money were no object, I'd own a bottle. Heck- I might buy a bottle anyway. So good- my favorite amber and compliment city, if that matters to you.

Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather by Heeley

This one is just not my cup of tea! Way too much hay- I didn't get much else. Definitely try before you buy- it's not for everyone, clearly.

Emir by Martine Micallef

What can I say? Simply a warm, wonderful and complex fragrance. One of my all time favorites. If you've never tried Emir, you simply must!

Neroli Portofino Acqua by Tom Ford

As warm weather scents go, I'd be hard- pressed to find something that agrees with me more. I just love the way this smells- 5/5 all the way. The problem for me, however, is that this fragrance just doesn't last on my skin. At all. Such a pity, because I would otherwise by an FB right away. Stunningly refreshing with no longevity. Still considering a bottle as a skin scent. It's that good. If you get your nose on this, you'll probably want to buy it. Brilliant fragrance. Zilch in the longevity department.

L'Humaniste by Frapin

Smells fine- certainly nothing unique in my opinion. The biggest issue is the lack of projection- I oversprayed and this still became a skin scent in less than 90 minutes. In 3 hours time, it was completely gone. I expected much more when I shelled out $200 for this.

Join The Club : More Than Words by Xerjoff

Definitely opens sweet- the "wow" comes on the dry down. This is simply a beautiful fragrance and a joy to wear. This is my first venture into a fragrance with a heavy rose note, and I think I started at the right place. Definitely a beast when it comes to projection- use sparingly if you choose to wear MTW in warmer weather.

Jadab by So Oud

This is one of those fragrances where I am stunned that no one has reviewed it yet. I'm new to this community, so I'm still learning to isolate notes, etc. I'd say it's an Oriental fragrance with some floral notes- but definitely not feminine.

I can tell you that in the last 90 days I've purchased more than 200 samples, decants and some FB's. I don't think that I've worn anything that I've enjoyed more than Jadab. Side note- last night my young female Uber driver asked what cologne I was wearing. When I told her the name, she said, "All I can tell you is that it smells really good. Like REALLY GOOD!"

Nuff said. Get your nose on this wonderful juice. I just ordered a FB while sitting in the airport.