Reviews by travis453

Cosy Cedar Wood 72 by Krigler

This is a nice scent, but I just don't think I get it. It is high quality, but I don't even know what i'm smelling. It isn't cozy to me, it is actually the opposite. I find it very cool. I was hoping for a warm cedar cabin, this is more of a waking up at the crack of dawn freezing your a** off, camping in the middle of the woods, type of cedar.

Hermèssence Rose Ikebana by Hermès

When I first smelled this, it was the most realistic fragrance I had ever smelled. It is like the rose is right in front of you, still wet from dew and at the most fragrantly optimal time of the day. While it is just a water cooler like most of the Hermessence line, this is beautifully realistic.

Terre d'Hermès Parfum by Hermès

The EDP is definitely different from the EDT. This is much more focused on the orange notes. EDT has more wood, pepper, vetiver. While this is heavier on the orange, I would say the EDT is brighter than this. The orange in Terre isn't exactly a fresh orange. It is more of a rotten orange that has been mixing with soil, where it will eventually become one with the soil. While that may smell bad in reality, here it is quite nice.

Rose 31 by Le Labo

Wow. An amazing rose scent. Rosey enough for a woman to wear, woodsy enough for a man. Beautiful grasse rose with a smokey wood undertone. Suitable for formal or every day wear. I think it smells more in place during the winter months, because it has a holiday vibe to it. Up there with Rose Ikebana at the top of the rose fragrances for me.

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9

A very safe scent. It is very good, just not too original. For some reason, it comes off smelling like cardboard and some sort of creamy desert mixed together for me. Not something I wear all that often, but it does generally draw a compliment or two.

Santal Impérial by Creed

Initial spray is just a blast of alcohol. Give this one a few minutes to open up and you will start to smell some citrus notes. The kind of citrus you'd smell in a very old fragrance. Then it starts rounding out and the sandalwood and tonka show their face. As it progresses it gets to my favorite part. The alcohol smell starts giving way to a more mineral like alcohol smell, the ambergris. To me the ambergris makes this whole fragrance, it gives it the final kick to round everything out. Ambergris is what I generally catch whiffs of throughout the day wearing this, and it is the reason why I adore this fragrance. How can something so nasty as ambergriss smell so great?
29th April, 2017

Hermèssence Santal Massoïa by Hermès

More of a fig fragrance than a sandalwood, but the sandalwood is definitely there. Starts off somewhat dry and then is soon balanced out by the creamy massoia wood. I believe this is not only one of the finest in the Hermessence line, but perhaps the finest sandalwood fragrance there is right next to Santal 33. Best for the summer months. This fragrance will do a couple Houdini acts throughout the day. It will disappear, then once some humid air hits, it swarms everything around you like bees. Another JCE masterpiece.

Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

JCE's re-imagination of Bel Ami. It is exactly what it says. The modern version Bel Ami, with vetiver. At first, it smells a little bit like bubble gum because of the combination. You can easily pick out the original bel ami. Dry down turns it into a smokier Bel Ami. It is exceptional and potent.

For those who are familiar with Le Labo, this is the Cade 26 candle and the original Bel Ami is Santal 26 candle. Cade is everything santal is, just smokier and more "baroque."

Bel Ami by Hermès

Some say Cool Water is the fragrance of the 80s. I believe this is the business fragrance of the 80s. Masculine and powerful, this fragrance evokes the sense of "Roaring 80s". I bought this fragrance across the street from the World Trade Center as my memento to New York and Wall Street.

Oak Moss, Vetiver are the main players that I can sense. I find it more wearable and inoffensive than Terre, so I wear this to work most days. Extraordinary fragrance that will always be in my collection.

Hermèssence Poivre Samarcande by Hermès

Fine pepper with a hint of smoke. At first this fragrance comes off very nice, but very simple and weak. After buying a bottle and wearing it more often, I've realized it lasts much longer than I initially thought. It is far more complex than its first impressions also. If you are a fan of Terre, you will most likely enjoy this. Terre stripped of its orange and vetiver. You are left with the smell of pepper and woods.

Mademoiselle_Nicole below has the most accurate review of this below.

Essential by Lacoste

Light, crisp citrus with a slight funk. Pretty inoffensive. Kind of an immature fragrance, I feel too old to wear it and I'm only 25. Good fragrance none the less.

Titanium by Tonino Lamborghini

My first fragrance ever. Very potent, very masculine. Though leather isn't a note, it smells like fine leather to me. Strong and smooth, with a slight artificial note to it.

Santal 33 by Le Labo

Quintessential New York fragrance. You will smell this on many people in NYC, and it will feel out of place in most other places. One of the finest sandalwood fragrances out there next to Santal Massoia. This can end up smelling like a horse barn if sprayed too close. Give it the right distance and it is perfect. Supremely balanced.

Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

How is this so classically masculine, yet so unordinary? It is everything a mens fragrance is expected to be, but not. Basil and pineapple leaves being backed up by sandalwood and oak moss. An overlooked classic.

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Stopped in for a tie, left switching from a tie connoisseur to a fragrance aficionado. The Hermes employee had opened up the world of fine fragrance to me with Terre. When I smelled it all I could think of was just how high class it smelled, as if I were in a very nice house with the finest woodwork you could imagine and it was giving off a citrus vibe after just being cleaned, and that is why this is my signature fragrance, that and a bundle of memories that go with it!

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès

Very nice apple pie scent. it is great for fall and the colder months. It is inspired by hookah smoke, and when you get the mindset to smell the hookah then you really can appreciate the artistic touch behind this scent. JCE is a living legend and some will only realize this years from now. I was between this and buying Poivre in Paris. The ladies at Hermes kept telling me how "sexy" it smells on a man so I decided to get it, to be the ultimate reminder of my trip to Paris!

Established Cognac 66 by Krigler

Made in 1966 (I'm sure....) I think the history of Krigler is made up. However, this does not take away from the utter brilliance of their fragrances. The marketing ploy can be backed up by the extremely original, high quality fragrances that the house offers. It makes one wonder why there has to be all of this "history" with the fragrances when they can hold their own without it.

Anyway, a blast of banana bread. This starts drying down into a banana ridden oak barrel stuffed with cinnamon. Boozy and very intriguing. Original and high quality. Supposedly made in 1966 inspired by 60s London, which is totally fitting because it smells like an old Bond movie. Smokey, boozy, and mysterious. Great scent.

If i'm completely off base with my thoughts of the history, please let me know and tell me any proof you have of the company being older than the mid 2000s. I've told myself if I find any proof of the history I will buy a bottle of America One 31 solely for the historical aspect and my love for New York.

Mary Celestia by Lili Bermuda

Bottles 1039 and 1082.

If you missed out on this then you're out of time. Limited to 1864 units to commemorate the year of the ship sinking, it has sold out.

Blast of grapefruit drying down into a rosewood heavy, very pleasant fragrance. Very neutral, very inoffensive. Lasts surprisingly long for how light the fragrance seems. Bottle comes in a Bermuda cedar box. The bottle itself is adorned with a replica of the commemorative coin that circulated Bermuda.

Coney Island by Bond No. 9

One of the most unique scents in the Bond line. Starts with a lime "margarita" then it develops into the reason I bought it, the caramel, chocolate, salty scent that has a smell that you can truly taste. The salty smell also gives off a feeling of being at the beach where the salt just lingers out of the ocean into the air. Real neat stuff. I don't like the first 30 minutes or so on me, but when it calms it's really nice.

If you're lucky enough to catch the guava notes then you will be truly blown away by this one.

Andy Warhol Montauk by Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol bottle.

Had a smell of this while on the hunt for another Bond. Sprayed it on the skin and thought that it was too feminine... About an hour later I couldn't stop sniffing my arm where I had applied it. It is just a wonderful summer fragrance that works amazingly with the heat. A blueberry chalky type scent that really draws me in. Similar to Bleu de Chanel, but the tart blueberry puts in a class of its own.

Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol bottle.

A scent that really embodies the whole persona of Andy Warhol. I can almost imagine being in the Silver Factory with this on. I just imagine the smoky incense filled atmosphere of the Silver Factory through this fragrance. I actually like many others had to acquire the taste for this one, and it is the very one that got me into the world of Bond no. 9. Great fragrance.