Reviews by Hayling

Hacivat by Nishane

After the beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL "Hundred Silent Ways", I decided to go and try Hacivat.

To my great disappointment, I found out that this perfume smells like a citrusy cleaning product, I'm definitely not a fan.

Too bad, I really wanted to like this, since I usually like the pineapple note in fragrances.

Limited 71 Extreme by AJ Arabia

Smells good, but too similar to Liwa / Baccarat Rouge 540 on the drydown. Very latex-y.

Ambra Aurea by Profumum

I usually like Profumum Roma's offerings but this time... Nope. No bueno.

To my nose, it smells like a Turkish bazaar, in the corner of the dusty old carpets.

As expected from this house, longevity and sillage are beastly.

L'Homme Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

Fantastic scent.

Ambergris (ambroxan) is the main player here. Layer it with Molecule 02 if you are disappointed with the projection and sillage, and thank me later.

This combo is doing wonders! ;)
03rd February, 2019

Fucking Fabulous by Tom Ford

Smells good, but it is very similar to Van Cleef & Arpels Bois Doré, which I already own and I prefer the latter. And at this price point, I guess I expected just a little bit more, so I give FF a neutral.
23rd January, 2019

Collection Grands Crus : Oud Wa Vanillia by Berdoues

Smells delicious and opulent. Fruity amber, vanilla and oud. Projection and longevity are above average...

I would say It’s a mix between Scentstory 24 Gold and Casamorati Bouquet Ideale. It smells 97% similar to these two bad boys. If you know those fragrances, you know what Oud Wa Vanillia smells like.

Berdoues nailed it, fantastic fragrance in my opinion.
19th January, 2019

Ambre Loup by Rania J

oh hell naw. It smells like a wolf after he ate cinnamon rolls for 3 hours.

Actually, this fragrance makes me nauseous.

Longevity is great, which is a problem.
18th January, 2019

Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane

Beautiful floral gourmand. Very sexy, perfectly unisex in my eyes too.

This, along with Fan Your Flames, was inspired by poems of Rumi, which is amazing.

"I closed my mouth
and spoke to you
in a hundred silent ways"

If you like white florals (gardenia is what you get the most with vanilla) creamy sandalwood and caramelized sugar but in a refined way, this is for you.

Tip from Murat Katran is to layer it with Hacivat. I tried it and even though i'm not a layering fan, and oh boy. It is actually the best layering combos I've ever smelled.

Oh and did I mention its a compliments galore too?

Phenomenal scent.

16th January, 2019

Gold I by AJ Arabia

Beautiful.

Too bad it is discontinued.

Gold II by AJ Arabia

Beautiful.

Too bad it is discontinued.

Amber Absolutely by Fort and Manlé

If you're looking for a dark, sultry, fruity amber with HUGE longevity / projection and sillage look no further and thank me later.

Absolutely amazing. 10/10

Amber Musk by Montale

Smells like a cheap and abrasive version of Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume.

Sorry but no.
01st January, 2019

Intense Cafe by Montale

Very good fragrance, rose and vanilla is what I get the most, Coffee? Not really. But it reminds me too much of Premiere Note Rose Shéhérazade so I won't be buying this since it would be very redundant.

31st December, 2018

Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior

Words cannot do justice to this gem. Outstanding scent. Almost unreal...

28th December, 2018

Bois Doré by Van Cleef & Arpels

Fantastic fragrance. Tonka bean, almond, vanilla, musk and woody notes extremely well blended. Perfectly unisex too.

Along the lines of Tom Ford F***ing Fabulous but without the leather and lavender notes.

It's a simple scent yet it feels complex, rich and sultry. Simply put, delicious and intoxicating.

27th December, 2018

Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio

The name is pretty accurate. Beautiful scent.
19th December, 2018

Tihota by Indult

Amazing vanilla, one of the best. (With Guerlain SDV, Angélique Noire, Mazzolari Vaniglia) But since I love Mazzolari Vaniglia just a little bit more, I won't be purchasing this one as it is kind of redundant.
17th December, 2018

Amber Oud by By Kilian

Beautiful scent, BEAUTIFUL SCENT! but way too light... For this price point, the fragrance should have MASSIVE sillage and projection... But this is a skin scent after 2 hours. Too bad.
15th December, 2018

Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff

Not my cup of tea. Way too funky for my taste.
14th December, 2018

Vaniglia by Mazzolari

Awesome. AWESOME. Marshmallowy scent. But this is more than just marshmallows, this is pure heaven for vanilla lovers like myself.

L'Art et la Matière : Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain

Sexy boozy vanilla, oozing class and sophistication.

Top notch. 5/5

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

The best from the A*Men collection. Period.

Percival by Parfums de Marly

Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce / Montblanc Legend, but better.
06th November, 2018

Back to Black by By Kilian

sexy as hell
SEXY AS HELL

Women love it... Men love it.. Everyone loves it.

Put this one on and love yourself.
02nd November, 2018

Plum Japonais by Tom Ford

Underrated masterpiece. One of my favorites from TF.
24th October, 2018

24 Gold by ScentStory FZE

A fantastic scent. The blending quality is amazing. I don't know who the perfumer is but he/she clearly nailed it. I suspect ScentStory hired a Master perfumer to create this gem. Vanilla, oud and amber with a hint of fruitiness, a real stunner and for the price you pay, you can NOT go wrong. If you like opulent, middle eastern scents, feeling like a Queen or a Sultan, chances are you will probably adore this. Potent juice and strictly for winter and cool Fall days.

If you want to rock it in the spring or summer evenings, you can aswell but control your sprays and you're good to go. Head turner, compiment galore, you name it. You really feel like you're wearing a 1 million dollars scent while wearing 24 Gold. Phenomenal.

Blind buy worthy, GET THIS IN YOUR LIFE !
11th October, 2018

Héritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

I blind bought this and.... how can I say it... NO.

Smells dated. Well blended as most of Guerlain's but this does smell dated, sorry.
08th October, 2018

Ouverture by Sospiro

Synthetic mess.. honestly, I don't understand this one :(
25th September, 2018

Les Exceptions : Over the Musk by Thierry Mugler

Very sexy scent. I get sweet but soft marshmallows from this. Delicious, comforting and alluring are three adjectives I would use to describe this scent.

9.5/10
24th September, 2018

Nuit et Confidences by Annick Goutal

Beautiful. Sweet but not cloying. Very well blended. I'm enamored with this one. The fans of Annick Goutal pre 2015 probably won't like this tho, as it is quite a modern composition.

A solid 9/10 in my books.
20th August, 2018