Reviews by Hayling

Gold Collection: Art & Gold by Ramon Molvizar

Stellar composition. One of the most beautiful fragrance out there.

A stunning piece of art, really majestic in nature.
05th April, 2019

Ardent by Boadicea the Victorious

I’m completely speechless... That’s it.
30th March, 2019

Next To Me / Dubai Next to Me by Ramon Monegal

A beautiful, fruity peach and coconut accord, wrapped into a soft layer of Oud and creamy tonka bean. Magnificent concoction, perfect for the srping and summer.
28th March, 2019

Ouanalao by Ligne St Barth

Smells like shower gel - a pass for me.
27th March, 2019

Sunshine Man by Amouage

If you want to smell like a walking bubblegum, go for it !

Sorry Amouage, I love you but I don't like this Sunshiny side of you :(
25th March, 2019

1881 Black by Cerruti

Smells like a good deodorant... Nothing unique, but not totally unpleasant.
19th March, 2019

Secret Teas and Spices : One Umbrella for Two by Floraïku

An amazing abstract gourmand. Just wow. Perfect for spring and summer if you want to smell delicious. Absolutely stunning piece of art.
17th March, 2019

Nùr by So Oud

Smells amazing, but since I already have Soleil de Jeddah, I won't be buying this one :) it is basically a less expensive version of this perfume. But like I said, it is a real gem.

Benevolence by House of Sillage

One of the most beautiful orange blossom based fragrance that I've ever smelled.

It truly smells like sunshine and holidays. Amazing.

Santal Complet by Fragrance Du Bois

Absolute masterpiece. A beautiful tropical concoction that is expertly blended.

Creamy sandalwood paired to a magnificent coconut accord with lemony and ambery facets that are honestly to die for.

It transports you directly to summer months, on a beautiful beachwalk when the sun sets. Compliments GALORE and a real head turner, because it has a sexiness to it, it is really inviting and warm. No one will smell better than you while you'll be wearing this fragrance, I promise.

Casamorati 1888 Bouquet Ideale by Xerjoff

This has it all. Sublime, sensational, exquisite, and I'm weighing my words here.

Instant love for me. Sweet and warm vanilla, a touch of nutmeg and a creamy sandalwood mixed with spicy notes such as cinnamon, a spicy gourmand perfectly executed in my opinion. As always with Xerjoff, the quality is truly outstanding in this magnificent concoction. Perfectly unisex too.

Amazing.
02nd March, 2019

Bois d'Argent by Christian Dior

Smells fantastic... But it's waaaay too weak. If it was just a little bit more powerful I would give this a big thumbs up. Too bad.
27th February, 2019

Oud Immortel by Byredo

To me this smells like a more refined version of Paco Rabanne Black XS, but that's about it. Neutral rating but almost a negative.
27th February, 2019

Pacific Rock Moss by Goldfield & Banks

Very aromatic, very sexy. It is definitely a crowd pleaser. I would say it is light but very diffusive, a smooth operator for sure.

A staple for the summer in my books! Well done Goldfield & Banks.
26th February, 2019

Riflesso by Trussardi

as other members have already said, this perfume is reminiscent of YSL L'Homme, for sure! It's very pleasant and could be a nice alternative if you find the performance of the YSL too weak for your taste.

Solid release from Trussardi.

21st February, 2019

Patiala by Thameen

Smells good, but it reminded me a lot of Baccarat Rouge 540 but with a "fresher" vibe to it. I also get like a luxurious body lotion type of smell with this fragrance, interesting, but at the end of the day, I'll stick with BR540 which is way better in my opinion.
18th February, 2019 (last edited: 27th February, 2019)
11th February, 2019

Hacivat by Nishane

After the beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL "Hundred Silent Ways", I decided to go and try Hacivat.

To my great disappointment, I found out that this perfume smells like a citrusy cleaning product, I'm definitely not a fan.

Too bad, I really wanted to like this, since I usually like the pineapple note in fragrances.

Limited 71 Extreme by AJ Arabia

Smells good, but too similar to Liwa / Baccarat Rouge 540 on the drydown. Very latex-y.

Ambra Aurea by Profumum

I usually like Profumum Roma's offerings but this time... Nope. No bueno.

To my nose, it smells like a Turkish bazaar, in the corner of the dusty old carpets.

As expected from this house, longevity and sillage are beastly.

L'Homme Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

Fantastic scent.

Ambergris (ambroxan) is the main player here. Layer it with Molecule 02 if you are disappointed with the projection and sillage, and thank me later.

This combo is doing wonders! ;)
03rd February, 2019

Fucking Fabulous by Tom Ford

Smells good, but it is very similar to Van Cleef & Arpels Bois Doré, which I already own and I prefer the latter. And at this price point, I guess I expected just a little bit more, so I give FF a neutral.
23rd January, 2019

Collection Grands Crus : Oud Wa Vanillia by Berdoues

Smells delicious and opulent. Fruity amber, vanilla and oud. Projection and longevity are above average...

I would say It’s a mix between Scentstory 24 Gold and Casamorati Bouquet Ideale. It smells 97% similar to these two bad boys. If you know those fragrances, you know what Oud Wa Vanillia smells like.

Berdoues nailed it, fantastic fragrance in my opinion.
19th January, 2019

Ambre Loup by Rania J

oh hell naw. It smells like a wolf after he ate cinnamon rolls for 3 hours.

Actually, this fragrance makes me nauseous.

Longevity is great, which is a problem.
18th January, 2019

Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane

Beautiful floral gourmand. Very sexy, perfectly unisex in my eyes too.

This, along with Fan Your Flames, was inspired by poems of Rumi, which is amazing.

"I closed my mouth
and spoke to you
in a hundred silent ways"

If you like white florals (gardenia is what you get the most with vanilla) creamy sandalwood and caramelized sugar but in a refined way, this is for you.

Tip from Murat Katran is to layer it with Hacivat. I didn't try it since I dislike Hacivat. I think HSW is perfect on its own.

Oh and did I mention its a compliments galore too?

Phenomenal scent.

16th January, 2019 (last edited: 20th February, 2019)

Gold I by AJ Arabia

Beautiful.

Too bad it is discontinued.

Gold II by AJ Arabia

Beautiful.

Too bad it is discontinued.

Amber Absolutely by Fort and Manlé

If you're looking for a dark, sultry, fruity amber with HUGE longevity / projection and sillage look no further and thank me later.

Absolutely amazing. 10/10

Amber Musk by Montale

Smells like a cheap and abrasive version of Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume.

Sorry but no.
01st January, 2019

Intense Cafe by Montale

Very good fragrance, rose and vanilla is what I get the most, Coffee? Not really. But it reminds me too much of Premiere Note Rose Shéhérazade so I won't be buying this since it would be very redundant.

31st December, 2018