Reviews by Man Of The World

Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi

If this lasted more than 60 minutes on my skin then it would most probably be in my top 10. Citrus lemon clean Italian vibe throughout. If you like this one but are fed up with longevity problems. Check out Phaedons Black Vetiver. Smells really similar except it lasts 12+ on my skin!
24th November, 2017

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

I have never been to Morocco. However, I haven been to Egypt. Luxor to be precise. It is probably my favorite place on earth. I have visited Luxor twice. It is like going back to biblical times and holds almost 20% of the world's historical monuments. The second time I visited Luxor was with my now wife but girlfriend at the time. I remember sitting in the gardens of a particular hotel. It was late at night. The air was filled with flowers, water from the river Nile and the smell of the near by Sahara desert. I was in love and remember thinking that I would like to capture that night forever. This is of course impossible and remains only in my imagination but L'Air du Desert Moracain does envoke memories of that particular night and Luxor in general. The spice, the flowers, the incense.......The overall felling. A true purfumery journey and work of art. 10/10.
24th November, 2017

Dia Man by Amouage

The word beautiful relates to Dia Man more than any other fragrance I have ever tried. If I picture heaven in my mind this is what I smell. It smells of the angels.

Elegant, powdery, floral. Just the right side of manly. Longevity isn't great.

The only problem I have and what is stopping me purchasing a full bottle is that around the 30 minute mark there is a slight body odor smell. It lasts for around an hour.

When this juice shines it shines bright but I can't get past the B.O smell.
15th November, 2017 (last edited: 20th November, 2017)

Pegasus by Parfums de Marly

Commercial crowd pleasing offering from PDM.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think this juice is fantastic. I love Amouage Reflection Man and the similarities are undeniable. Pegasus has a beautiful almond note running through it which Reflection doesn't have. I also feel that Pegasus can be worn much easier on a casual basis.

Great projection and longevity.

For me it doesn't warrant a full bottle on the basis that the similarities to Reflection are too strong. I really can't see the point in owning both!!
15th November, 2017 (last edited: 16th November, 2017)

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Not something I would wear nowadays as it reminds me of being a very young man up to no good.

Still a great scent and remember when I sampled it for the first time. It smelt so damn good. Really different and unique. Girls went crazy fro the stuff!!

Oh...........Those were the days!

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

Bought this when it first came out!! Reminds me of starting work/college and going to pubs for the very first time. It had a shower fresh smell to it and I remember it being rather cloying. Not sure what it smells like these days??

1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

Very classic and very manly. Always considered 1881 to be Kouros smaller Brother!!

Chergui by Serge Lutens

This is very nice. I get hay, sugar, tobacco and some powdery notes. Very easy to wear. Smells very elegant. Borderline masterpiece.
08th November, 2017 (last edited: 11th November, 2017)

Individuel by Montblanc

Heard the hype so I booked a ticket and decided to get on the train.

My sample arrived lats week. Very disappointed.

The opening is just awful. In the dry down I do get some similarities with Original Santal but not the 95% likeness that some harp on about. Maybe 40%. But it is much cruder. The best thing about OS is that it is super smooth and very creamy. This is very sharp and very harsh. Great projection but not for me!! This is something an 18 year old on a budget would wear.
08th November, 2017

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

DHI is my favorite from the Dior Homme line. Dior Homme is number 2 for me but has to get top marks for being the founder of the much talked about dynasty.

One of the most important fragrances in male perfumery history!!

Very fresh and light with the obvious iris blast. Great for daytime but could easily be worn for more formal settings although personally I would leave that one to it's younger Brother.

Original, Captivating and sophisticated. Love it!!

Price - 10/10
Scent - 10/10
Originality - 10/10
Compliments - 7/10
Longevity - 6/10
Sillage - 4/10

Total Marks - 7.8
07th November, 2017 (last edited: 08th November, 2017)

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Pleasant clean crisp manly fragrance.

Projection is poor.

The only way to describe this fragrance would be a classy version of Pinaud Clubmans Lime Sec or a piss poor watered down version of Creeds Bois du Portugal.

Neutral rating from me!!

Epic Man by Amouage

Good but not great!! I would put Epic man in the middle tier of Amouage fragrances.

I do not rank it as highly as Reflection. Jubilation, Lyric, Interlude or Memoir. I do however rank it above Sunshine & Journey.

Journey Man by Amouage

I love Amouage. I really do. They are one of my favorite houses. The quality is all here. It just doesn't sit right on my skin. I can't put my finger on it?? Almost like a farmyard Dior Leather Oud type smell. Not for me!!

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Unbelievable fragrance. So versatile!! Okay so it suffers some performance issues especially after various reformulations but this is one fragrance where I can overlook that problem.

Gathers many compliments from Men and Women, remains both sexy and sophisticated. Ultimately this is what I want to smell like.

Just a tip for those that miss the original formula.

Tip 1 - Spray the fragrance onto unscented lotion and clothes. This will help to prolong the scent.

Tip 2 - The newer formulation has the cardamom toned down which was something that made this scent so wonderful. Buy yourself some cardamom essential oil and add a few drops to your lotion/skin. It will remind you of the good old days!!

Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani

What a massive let down!!

This one has received rave reviews across the board and I just don't get it?? It just smells like the original ADG. But.............not as nice!!! I don't get the incense or patchouli. There is this sort of sea salt vibe running through it that I can't stand. Last's a long time on my skin but just not for me!!

cK one Shock for Him by Calvin Klein

By no means a masterpiece but tried this for the first time today and bought on the spot. I paid £15 for 50ml of pleasant chocolatey tobacco. Great for casual wear. Can't go wrong for the price!!!!
04th November, 2017

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I'm still not overly comfortable with the opening but the dry down is amazing. Super powerful and extremely unique.
28th October, 2017

Dior Homme Parfum by Christian Dior

Wonderful fragrance!

I thought I was going to be smelling just a stronger version of DHI. I was wrong. This is new. Okay it lends some of the Dior Homme DNA but it offers something new. The rose & leather are really prominent to be. Monster longevity and great sillage. Sophisticated night time fragrance.

**UPDATE** Changed my mind on this one. Actually cancelled my order. Still think it is a very sophisticated scent but after a few tries I came to the conclusion that it didn't sit right on my skin and just wasn't for me!!!
19th October, 2017 (last edited: 25th October, 2017)

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend by Phaedon

So my sample arrived today. It is true what they say.....It is very similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille but I think I prefer this one. Here's why!! It's just more wearable. Plus it's 30% cheaper. It actually smells like I thought TV would smell like. There are a few more notes going on so I find it more interesting.

Honey, Cinnamon, tobacco.....Its all here. Not as strong as TV but lasts a good 7 hours+ on me.

Smells very manly and comforting at the same time. Has the potential to become a favorite of mine!!!

Big thumbs up!!
19th October, 2017 (last edited: 23rd October, 2017)

Sunshine Man by Amouage

Not too keen on this one. Not sure what Amouage are actually trying to achieve here?? It is neither musky/incensey enough to be classed as a middle eastern scent nor fresh enough to be classed as a fresh/citrus scent. Sort of falls into no mans land. I love Amouage but to me this is their worst offering.

Portraits : Roaring Radcliff by Penhaligon's

The notes listed are rum, tobacco & gingerbread. That really is it!! No hidden surprises. I get rum & tobacco for the first 20 minutes and then you are basically left with a gingerbread biscuit. A pleasant smell but not full bottle worthy for me.

As Sawira by Penhaligon's

I have no idea what is going on with this one?? Too many notes!! It comes across as if a handful of ingredients have been chucked in a pot and then hope for the best. Poor projection and longevity. Not for me!!

Herod by Parfums de Marly

I received my sample yesterday. Still undecided as to weather I like or love this. I know I at least like it but might have to give it more time.

I get a sweet tobacco. As if a packet of tobacco has just been opened. I also get honey or cinnamon. There are a few spices thrown in for good measure.

It lasts around 6-7 hours on my skin with average sillage.

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

A piece of perfumery excellence.

Dior Homme is to the 00's what Fahrenheit was to the 80's. Ground Breaking perfumery!! They were so different. They both had their lovers and their haters. Fahrenheit has stood the test of time as I am sure Dior Homme and it's flankers will.

Of course my review is about DHI but feel that it is important to pay homage to the seed that the tree grew from. The only difference between DH & Fahrenheit is that Fahrenheit was never surpassed by its extended family. In my opinion DH and been surpassed by DHI.

It took me a while to get this one but so glad that I did. Sophisticated, stunning, elegant, classy, out there, formal and intriguing all spring to mind when I think of DHI. And lets be honest.....Who doesn't want to be associated with those words????
12th October, 2017 (last edited: 16th October, 2017)

Cigar by Rémy Latour

Soapy Tobacco is the best way to describe this one. Nothing mind blowing but I must say that the tobacco note in this one is very good.
12th October, 2017

Original Santal by Creed

This is to Creed what Reflection man is to Amouage. Underrated!!They are both considered mainstream offerings so get a bit of disrespect. Both fragrances are classy and sophisticated in my opinion. Reflection man is compared to JPG Le Male but is in a different league. OS is often compared to Joop! but is also in a different league. Joop! is harsh. OS is smooth. Very creamy and a compliment geter for sure!!
Beautiful dreamy creamy scent. One of my favourites!

05th October, 2017 (last edited: 17th November, 2017)

Brit for Men by Burberry

£20 for 100ml. Couldn't resist.

Not what I was expecting. Much better in fact. A mature scent. Rose, powder & woods.

Very nice indeed!!
05th October, 2017

Ferrari Bright Neroli by Ferrari

This is some seriously nice juice. Never been impressed with Ferrari in the past. This is their best offering by far. Similar neroli take as TF Neroli Portofino but with an added citrus blast. Lasts a hell of a lot longer than TF. If you like neroli you cant go wrong especially for the price. Can be easily worn by both Men & Women.
04th October, 2017

Leather Oud by Christian Dior

I really am lost for words. This is a work of art. It's not just a fragrance. This juice is alive and living. It's so alive that it almost scares the shit out of me. It is VERY strong. It is an acquired taste. It can smell very dirty. Almost the wrong side of dirty.

Why the neutral vote????? As much as I appreciate what Dior have done with this I just can't see an occasion when I would feel the need to pull this one out!!

UPDATE
After much consideration and sampling I have to give this a thumbs downs. It's just too dirty. I just don't want myself or anyone around me smelling like this.
03rd October, 2017 (last edited: 07th November, 2017)

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera

This is no masterpiece. It does not smell of expensive ingredients. It is not groundbreaking.

However................This is damn nice!! I mean really nice.

I can see why Women compliment this one. It has that sweet sugar vibe which they are a sucker for but then you get this boozy/leather vibe which gives it a masculine edge and stops it becoming too young.

Very impressed!!