Reviews by Man Of The World

Sartorial by Penhaligon's

One of my new favorites. In a world of unisex fragrances Sartorial stand out as purely man. It has a very old fashioned smell about it but in a sophisticated way. I get the comparisons to Brut but in a much more luxurious format.
29th July, 2017 (last edited: 30th July, 2017)

Endymion Concentré by Penhaligon's

Lovely, warm and comforting scent. I can't see how this is classed as a parfum as it becomes a skin scent after a couple of hours but very nice while it lasts.
29th July, 2017

Royal Oud by Creed

Complete and utter perfection!!

One of my favorite fragrances of all time.

Classy, elegant and sophisticated. Much like Royal Mayfair I never really cared for the initial blast but after the first 10 minutes it really steps into a league of its own and the dry down is to die for. I can really smell the sandalwood which is one of my most loved smells. Not sure this is one for the kids but if you are 30+ then this should be the next addition to your wardrobe.
21st July, 2017

Original Vetiver by Creed

I love this fragrance so much. It just smells so CLEAN. I mean REALLY clean. Imagine taking a handful of grass. I mean the most beautiful grass you have ever smelt. From some sort of Swiss mountain meadow in the middle of summer. You squeeze the juice from this grass and then add the most beautiful smelling clean soap and give it a mix. You now have OV. I can't see for the life of me how anyone could not enjoy this one. Massive thumbs up from me!!
10th July, 2017

Royal Mayfair by Creed

WOW WOW WOW!!!

Could be the best fragrance I have ever had the pleasure of wearing. Classy, sophisticated & regal. It actually smells better in the dry down. I bought a 10ml decant which I wore to a party and the scent is still on my blazer collar which I can't stop sniffing. This is next on my list!
04th July, 2017

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Starts off with tobacco and spices and then drys down heavy on the vanilla. I also get a kind of aniseed smell. Don't get me wrong....This is nice. But I do not consider it worthy of the price tag or hype.
13th June, 2017 (last edited: 04th July, 2017)

Joop! Homme by Joop!

I must admit that I do like the smell of Joop! It projects like a beast and lasts forever. The problem is that I can no longer wear it. It just reminds me of being a kid. Semi permanent girlfriends, not knowing where I was going in life, nightclubs and ultimately lots of silly decisions. Sorry Joop! I like you but I no longer love you!
13th June, 2017

Honour Man by Amouage

It's all here. Frankincense, patchouli, pepper....Yes lots and lots of spicy pepper. I can smell oud although it is not listed. In fairness I think this is easily on of Amouages most underrated releases. Very nice!!
09th June, 2017

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

I will start by saying that this is one of the nicest smelling middle eastern scents out there. However, there are fragrances out there such as the Al Aneeq line with identical smelling scents that last longer at a fraction of the price.

Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

I have slightly cheated by saying that I own this fragrance. Well I do.....But not a whole bottle. I have a 10ml decant which I intend to keep replacing. Marked as a female fragrance but in all honesty it's not. To me it is unisex and much more so than many other unisex scents.

The juice becomes gender neutral because it is so god damn amazing that weather it should be worn by a Man or a Woman goes completely out of the window. The words stunning, sophisticated, expensive come to mind. This truly is a once in a lifetime fragrance and along with Bois Du Portugal remains at the very top of my list!!

Millésime Impérial by Creed

Love the opening and the first hour. Great summer scent. Unfortunately MI becomes a skin scent on me after the hour mark.

Casamorati 1888 Mefisto by Xerjoff

Probably the best Citrus/Fresh scent out there. Amazing juice. I can see the comparison to SMW but in my opinion this is better and up a level!

Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

I will keep this short and sweet. Strong & powerful for the real man. Easy on the trigger but a very pleasant and cheap addition to any wardrobe.
08th May, 2017

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Awful stuff. Would never by again. Pot Pourri, Furniture Polish and Kitchen Disinfectant. Nice bottle though!
06th May, 2017

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Rive Gauche is one of those fragrances that I could never imagine anyone disliking. There are other fragrances that I enjoy but I could also see that they are not everyone's cup of tea.

With Rive Gauche what you get is "clean". How can anyone not like "clean"? This is the ultimate Barbershop scent. Not a cheap back street Barbershop. We are talking a high class Parisian Barbershop from years gone by. The upper class gent.

Stunning! Just wish it lasted a little longer on me.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 13th June, 2017)

Havana by Aramis

Oh yes!! I'm a MAN!

Probably my favorite masculine scent ever. Maybe even more so than the original Kouros. My favorite Aramis and probably in my top 5 ever.

Extremely powerful and full of life. Starts off with a boozy/smokey blast then settles down to a Kouros type scent mixed with spices. Lasts for ever and hard to remove from your shirt collar. Excellent value for money!!

02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 13th June, 2017)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

This is number 1 on my wish list. Just need to take the Mrs out for a few nice meals to butter her up and then it's all mine!!!

Personally I get the hype. I sampled this just the other day and it really is stunning. But not just evening stunning. It's anytime of day stunning. I can see the comparisons to Cool Water and anyone who denies this either has no nose or is coming from a snobbish point of few. Saying that, Green Irish Tweed is so much better. Take Cool Water, Add some spice and a bucket full of class and sophistication and you end up with Green Irish Tweed.

Update.....I now own and am enjoying very much.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th June, 2017)

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quite simply put Bois Du Portugal is my favorite fragrance in existence. Spicy, soapy and very manly. Pure class and sophistication in a bottle. Never before have a been blown away at first sniff!!
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th June, 2017)

M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent

Still undecided about this one!

Initial blast is lovely then it sort of changes. Not liking the oud. This is from an oud lover. It smells a little sweaty. Then you have this sweet and spice thing going on. Maybe just a little too much in the mixer??

UPDATE

Changed my mind on this one. Think it was the Patchouli coming through which is a scent I was not familiar with and takes a bit of time. Wore it to the office a few days last week and everyone seemed to like it. Very nice.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th May, 2017)

L'Occitan by L'Occitane

Superb shower fresh scent mixed with lavender and pepper. Great daytime fragrance. I usually wear this one to the office.

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Lovely fresh smelling unisex fragrances. Not sure if anyone else feels the same but to me it smelt similar to expensive sun lotion. I just so happen to like that smell.

Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather by Acqua di Parma

Can't stand it. They only plus point is the pure strength of the juice and the sillage.

I actually really enjoy leather scents but to me this just smells like old sweaty sandal leather. Made me feel rather sick and had a hard job getting it off me.

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci

Just lovely. I tested this a few weeks ago. This is oud done well. Powerful stuff but smooth at the same time. I get oud, leather, incense and fruity smoke. I shall be making a purchase very soon!

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Ticks all the boxes. My most complimented fragrance ever. Smell expensive and classy. Goes great with a suit. Makes you feel at the top of your game. Wouldn't be without it! Nothing more to say.

Desire for a Man by Dunhill

Long lasting with excellent sillage.

Maybe a little too sweet for me. I will share a little secret with you......I wear this for the ladies not for me. They love the sweetness. It will rarely fail no be notice by the fairer sex.

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

Not sure about this one.

Initial blast is stunning. Very unique and very exotic smelling. The dry down is something altogether different. It starts to smell cheap, boring and fails to retain it's unique characteristics.

Club de Nuit Intense for Men by Armaf

Beautiful fragrance. Smells miles beyond the $$$. To the untrained nose there really is little difference between this and Aventus. Always gathers compliments, excellent sillage and a great bottle with an attractive price tag. Great for any occasion and I am sure that I will always have a bottle.

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Nice bottle, inoffensive but rather bland and boring. I don't really do Aqua so not sure why I bought it?? Maybe I thought I could learn to like it? Just does nothing for me.

Black Aoud by Montale

Thumbs up for this little beauty but beware as this Tiger packs one hell of a punch.

I get virtually no oud. Not even the slightest hint. If it's there I can't smell it. It's all about the roses. But Roses for men. Dark and moody roses.You just need to be careful on that trigger. 1 spray is probably enough for everyone.

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

My signature scent.

Unique, classy, manly and just god damn PERFECT!!

Fahrenheit was the second fragrance that I ever bought just after Jazz at the tender age of 14. Now approaching 40 I am as mesmerized as ever! Okay....So the formula has changed slightly but not as much as many say. In fact the latest batch seems to be the closest to the original. Maybe it lacks the legs and staying power but still unmistakably Fahrenheit.