Reviews by eamaccready

Venetian Bergamot by Tom Ford

Only bergamot for about a second then becomes a surprise headache inducing animalic white floral bomb. (I did test this first in summer heat). I'm fall, I tried it again and now it's not choking me out, but it's just kind of a meh spicy white floral, and still a bit grating after a time. Either way, not great.

You Or Someone Like You by Etat Libre d'Orange

I like the opening, unfortunately it doesn't last or really shift much and the mid onward it just goes into a light grapefruit rose type smell on me. It's ultimately pretty boring. Too bad.

Une Amourette Roland Mouret by Etat Libre d'Orange

Mostly straight up akigalawood on me, then a bit of clean powdery kicks in, and it's just kind of dull and slightly peppery. Not a fan.

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

Overpriced neroli cologne.

Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange

In the same vein as 5 o clock au gingembre or tea for two, but dripping with honey and a fairly strong fruity vibe that makes me prefer the other two. It's well done though, and those with more of a sweet tooth (nose?) than me will probably enjoy it.
20th September, 2018

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby Yes I Do by Etat Libre d'Orange

Aldehyde laundry muget. Nicely made one, but there are lots.
20th September, 2018

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermès

Reminds me of pez candy or kids chewable vitamins, the chalky kind. Kind of fun to sample, but don't really want to walk around smelling that way. :)
19th September, 2018

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

I get lily and clove, but I definitely think this suffered a vast thinning from reformulation over time. I got a sample vial to remember what it smelled like, as I remember smelling it in magazine strips back in the early 90s. I remember it smelling bigger, but not near the 80s powerhouse level. It's nice but seems like a ghost of it's former self.
18th September, 2018

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

Nice for what it is. I think for a younger girl or woman it's an excellent sort of intro perfume. Nice safe grab and go, pleasant. Fine for office or school.
18th September, 2018