Reviews by Joshua Riding

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

No idea why this is called Amber

There is no Amber note in it, also you can replace every single note in the pyramid with soap .

This is a nice soapy scent and probably the nicest soapy scent I have sampled after infusion d iris by Prada .

A few people I work with have said it smells like an old lady though lol.

This is a nice one for when you don't want to offend and just want to smell clean and fresh , very nice but very boring.

Lasts a long time and has the right projection for this scent, moderate to good.

6.5 / 10

Shooting Stars: Nio by Xerjoff

Going to give this a thumbs up as they have managed to create the most natural citrus I have ever smelt which lasts and projects more than any citrus I have tried .

However that is all they have done , I literally get nothing other in this fragrance so it is quite boring to me.

This is like a cleaner upmarket terre de Hermes . Doesn't smell as dirty and earthy .

Not worth the money imo , thankfully I picked up a cheap partial bottle in a Facebook group.

Going to give this a 7/10 and it is best worn on summer nights and for any day you wish to smell like you've been peeling citrus fruits all day.

Herod by Parfums de Marly

A sweeter spice bomb with honey added to it. Cinnamon and tobacco rear their head also. I just wish it projected as it doesn't project very well on me at all.

Very expensive for what it is , doesn't smell niche or exciting just smells like a designer fragrance.

Beautiful scent just shoddy performance on me , it does last just doesn't jump of the skin

L'Art et la Matière : Tonka Impériale by Guerlain

Ohhh my god .

Amazing wonderful sweet Tonka goodness.

Reminds me a bit of feve but more subtle and dare I say it more masculine. Lovely almond vanilla fragrance but not too sweet. Reminds me a little bit of code Profumo without the vile code DNA .

This was love at first sniff , this would work better in fall and maybe in winter also. Pure sex in a bottle 11 out of 10 to guerlain

The only issue is trying to find this in the U.K. It's like unicorn tears , but this only adds to it's exclusive appeal. It is also very expensive but worth it .

I need this !!! Managed to purchase a sample which has run out and I am clucking like a chicken for my next fix of this angel ....

1861 by Xerjoff

Lovely green citrus fragrance. Feels like rubbing a non leaf in your hand after peeling a lime. If this fragrance was a drink it would be a mohjito . Really lovely , better than nio in terms of performance and it has more too it . This has something in the opening which reminds me of Versace dreamer , although I hate dreamer but love this. Has some nice herbal nuances also.

8,5 /10

Nice summer fresh release from xerjoff

Gorse by Laboratory Perfumes

A less sweet and less cloying Virgin island water without the batch variations and ludicrous price. For £64 per 100ml, you can't go wrong. beautiful summer scent with a limey undertones. Picture a blue top lime heavy virgin island water and you're there. Nice longevity and good projection for a fresh fragrance.

01st August, 2017

Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Pure class in a bottle, old school but nice. Spicy and what a man should smell like. Can imagine a solicitor or Barrister wearing this. There is a lot of notes going off but it's so well blended I can't detect them individually. Perfect masculine spicy frag with honey and wood deep into the dry down. 10/10
28th July, 2017

Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior

The only Rose based frag I like for men. Really nice slightly citrus opening , Rose soon comes in to play along with the Ambergris but it'snot an old woman rose it's quite juicy and tarty.

I just can't understand how someone could finish a bottle of this in their lifetime as it's hard to find occasions for me when it's wearable. It is very noble and could work well for men and women.

It's something I imagine wealthy people wearing

I get good performance and moderate projection with this ( which is appropriate for this frag)

8/10 total rating

Original Santal by Creed

Mehhh . Is nice but is just not worth the money. It is similar to joop and individuel but santal is obviously superior I just can't say it's ten times as superior. Very sweet with a bit of a clean linen vibe in the opening. I owned an older batch which was quite different to the newer ones as I could actually detect some sandal wood. Can pick up Tonka in the dry down.

Doesn't have amazing performance given the price .

Total rating 6/10

Prada L'Homme by Prada

Nice but nothing amazing, good dumb reach. Nice powdery iris scent. Reminds me very very much of Dior homme eau. I'd give this a total rating of 6.5 out of ten.

Longevity and performance 6

Scent is 7.5

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This review is for the made in Italy version. This scent is a wonderful, sexy classic scent with Mediterranean vibes. I get begamot, lavender maybe some tonka and woods. Great performance and jumps of he skin.

Why oh why did you ruin this scent D and G

Thankfully I have two half full bottles of the Euro Italian rather than the P&G garbage.

Everything about this scent is cheap the bottle the juice everything compared to what it was.

9 out of 10 for Italian version

3 out of 10 for current made in U.K. mess

Virgin Island Water by Creed

An amazing wonderful, tropical coconut with lime and rum frag. Very fresh very tropical and cheers me up. I love this stuff, excellent sillage and projection. I get amazing longevity with this but with creed, it is all about the batches baby. 8/10

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Nice fresh frag very grassy with a touch of lemon in the opening. I am surprised I like it as it reminds me of opening a lawnmower. Expensive considering the cheaper alternatives that smell very similar. I do have to say though compared to Coolwater it is in a league of its own. moderate to good projection and good longevity on me. 7/10

Bois d'Argent by Christian Dior

Got to give a thumbs up for the scent but the performance since the reform really disappoints. A wonderful milky honey powdery scent quite feminine but not to the extent it's unwearable for men. I love Iris in scents and this is a masterpiece. 7/10 with performance in mind

Fève Délicieuse by Christian Dior

Wonderful creamy rich vanilla scent with excellent performance. Unisex not feminine leaning IMO. 10 out of 10