Reviews by MJW2157

The Architects Club by Arquiste

I cannot believe that this scent is not getting more love. I purchased it a few months ago from Scentbird and loved it so much I had to buy a full bottle. This is a lovely vanilla scent but not a gourmand warm, cozy vanilla. Instead the vanilla is present but feels fresh. It lasts on me a long time and has become my favorite scent of late. It is one of those scents that I have to stop and smell my wrists every so often. Definitely a keeper for me.
31st August, 2018

Bois Exotique by Ava Luxe

Really like this scent. A nice blend of sandalwood, benzoin, and spices. While the spices are definitely noticeable, they do not do not dominate the scent. Definitely a warm cozy scent, meant for winter days, sitting at home watching movies alone or with a loved one. Just as suitable for a night out. This is not only a scent I like, but one I will definitely repurchase.
24th February, 2018

No. 5 by Chanel

I really wanted to like this. I tried it several times and to no avail. It just doesn't smell good on me. Unfortunately instead of getting the florals in the heart notes or the woods, amber, vanilla etc in the base, I just get a big ole dose of Civet that shines through and trust me, it is not a pleasant scent. I wanted to like and wear it because it reminded me of my mother, but it doesn't smell on me the way it did on her. I am going to have to give this away to someone and hope it smells good on them.
13th December, 2017

Le Vestiaire des Parfums : Caban by Yves Saint Laurent

I am not a huge fan of rose fragrances, but the combination of the pink pepper and the tonka bean dries down to a lovely delicate rose scent on me that is almost powdery. I bought a sample of this perfume but now will have to buy a full bottle. Love this scent.
18th November, 2017 (last edited: 07th December, 2017)

Valley of the Kings by Alexandria Fragrances

This is gorgeous. The citrus and fruit notes fade into the background quickly and I was left with a hint of rose and a lot of sandalwood with a little vanilla and labdanum. It did not project too far which is ok as I don't generally like "beast mode" fragrances. I could not stop smelling my hand when I had this on testing. Love this.
11th November, 2017

Kiku by Fabergé

I ordered a decant of Kiku as it was one of the first fragrances that I ever purchased when I was still in high school. It is a lovely oriental fragrance with delicate florals and warm sandalwood base on the dry down. It was a trip down memory lane, but I am very happy I made it. I will be very unhappy when my decant is gone. I wish it had never been discontinued.
28th October, 2017 (last edited: 11th November, 2017)