Reviews by Maleuser

Portrayal Man by Amouage

Well I dont understand all the negative comments on this.
If you like Violet, this opens up with a very potent Violet Leaf..... I absolutely adore this.

If you like Fahrenheit... this is quite similar to the original one back in the early 90s.
I am sure given time this will catch on and appeal to the more Niche noses.
Fantastic Frag this one. Prob in the top 5 of my amouage collection, deffo worth going trying this one.

Overall 9.0-10
Performance 9-10
Sillage 10-10
Longevity 9-10

Uplifting
26th March, 2020

Fève Délicieuse by Christian Dior

From the opening, all the way through....this is smooth and warm cozy, it does remind me of Tom Ford F**king Fabolous.
Both have the very high quality Tonka in them.

So this is very unique and very cozy, just like TF very unisex.
Lasts above average on me.
Love it.... so hoping the next Dior offerings are Orientals.... Rouge Traffalgar is very nice, so looking forward to 2020.

Scent 10 -10
Performance 7.9 -10
Sillage 7 -10

Try if you like Dior Homme Intense.... this has the coziness of DHI
30th December, 2019

Russian Leather by Memo

Lovely this fragrence house.
I can smell all the ingredients here, especially the Cedar and Pine. Very high quality straight out of the bottle.
Very herbaceous and green, I love Leather but here it is in hiding, but it is still very nice and addictive smelling.
Green and fern like and very easy to wear for any male over 20s.

Scent 9- 10
Performance 7.5- 10
Silage 7- 10
Fantastic green fern smell, clean and fresh.
10th December, 2019

Red Tobacco by Mancera

Well a lot of people say that the opening on this is too strong and abrasive, I dont get that..... it is strong but I love that.
It calms a little after the first 2 hours, but continues on in a fairly linear way.
It does get noticed in good and bad ways. Deep and heavy tobacco with sweet spice of saffron.
I like the creamy Vetiver note that pops up after 10 hours, yep 10 hours..... this I would deffo put in the beast mode category! Excellent strong juice here.

Scent 9.5- 10
Performance 9- 10
Silage 9- 10
07th December, 2019

Amyris Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

This is nothing ground breaking, fairly pleasant.... extremely light and not unique both in the opening and then it just fades after 4ish hours.
Safe to wear anywhere and anytime coz not many people other than yourself will smell this off of you.

Performance 3.5 -10
Scent 4 -10
Longevity 4- 10

Overall I would give this a 4- 10
Below average.
05th December, 2019

Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Christian Dior

Complete Masterpiece. Yes it is quite sweet, and very powdery floral, but Classy, this is the most classiest scent I have ever sniffed, beating Baccarat rouge in my opinion.

I have wore this more than a few times now, and it is a soft powder beast, lasts and lasts, i do feel it would smell better on a woman, but Wooow this is Sexy and addictive.
Highly Highly Recommending this if you dont mind sweet powder bomb.

I love this, possibly in my top 3 Maison Dior collection.
Gives off on my skin a lot of Violet, like a fizzy Palma Violet.

Scent 9.5 -10
Performance 9 -10
Sillage 9 - 10

Incredible 11hr + on my skin.
11th October, 2019

Accord Oud by Byredo

Wooooow, I love this one. Masterpiece.
As some have said it has similarities of Tom Ford Oud Wood, but all I can say is this beats TF hands down, it has more staying power and smells far superior in my opinion.
I also feel this is better than Amouage jubilation 25.

And I am a big fan of TF and Amouage, but Byredo is an awesome house and from what I have tried so far, seriously addictive .I may have to try more from this line.

Accord Oud lasts on my skin for 10 hrs + easily and has gotten me a couple of positive compliments so far.
Initially it was Oud Immortel that I was after as that really caught my attention, and I am deffo going to get myself a bottle of that, and I cant wait.

Deffo recommended try for anyone that likes heavy classy woody frags.

Scent 9.5-10
Performance 10-10
Silage 8.9-10

Highly Recommended, go try this.
05th October, 2019

Fucking Fabulous by Tom Ford

I like this, I dont love it.
On the first few mins, I get new packaging as you open toys as a youngster, smells really good, not quite fabulous.

After an hour or so a soft smooth leather scent.
At first it is easy to feel this scent will last for a complete day and maybe into the night, but not on me, just maybe average.
Blended Fabulously tho.

Performance 6- 10
Silage 5- 10
12th September, 2019

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum by Chanel

This is pleasant to smell, decent.
None offensive, office and every occasion wear.

Opens very fresh and citrusy.
Then goes into the woody incense stage which is ok.

Nothing ground breaking, but deffo worth a try.

Projection 5- 10
Sillage 5 - 10

Around 5 hours on me before skin scent
04th September, 2019

Aramis Tobacco Reserve by Aramis

This is a bit of a hidden gem, and managed to get this at a bargain price too.
Almost niche quality too.

Sweet warm tabacco, very high quality stuff.
I personally love the smell of this one.
Works nice in the warm evenings, looking forward to wear through the colder season.

Excellent buy..... if you like sweet tobacco, I highly recommend this.

Scent 7.4 - 10
Performance 8 - 10
Silage 7 - 10
29th August, 2019

Aqua Universalis by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Although this is quite a soft scent, Soft projection.... and Soft performance.
However what a very Clean bubble, and a decent amount of time enjoying being in this ultra clean bubble.
Enjoying this one a lot more than expected, and this house of MFK top Quality stuff.

Scent 7.9 - 10
Performance 5.5 - 10
Silage 5 - 10
Overall 7.4 - 10
27th August, 2019

Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani

Summer in a bottle.
Glad I got this.... especially in the hot weather.
Know I know why ADG is one of the best selling Frags of all time, and this is the edp version.... and quite hard to find.
Lasts all through the work day.
So glad I got my hands on this.

Performance 8.3 -10
Silage 6.5 - 10

Good Fragrance
30th July, 2019

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

Well I've had this for a while now,
This is a nice skin scent, doesn't project off the skin much.... but the pleasant scent is one just for the wearer.
Nice, very different. But nothing to scream about.
So if you want a Scent that will get attention or get you noticed..... you will have to look elsewhere.
Still worth a try tho.
Nice powdery dry down.

Scent 5- 10
Performance 4- 10
Silage 3.5- 10
29th July, 2019

Black Prestigium by Mancera

This is some potent juice.
Yes I agree with other reviews... it starts very harsh and brash.
However the development is nothing short of fantastic.
Floral opening, Rosey.. Violet.. Iris
Very thick and heavy, dense.

After an hour or so... smooth and velvety, this to me is the best part.
And it goes on and on, Orris root heaven. With a ton of powder.
Reminds me a bit of Tom Ford Noir, but much more layers and more punch.
I think I get a heavy dose of Ambrette in this. This is a Scent of high quality that will gain attention of people around you. Good Stuff
(Baby Powder)
Scent..... 7.5/ 10
Longevity .... 9.5/ 10
Silage..... 9.6/ 10
14th June, 2019

L’Homme Prada Water Splash by Prada

Fantastic scent.
This is Classy and completely stunning smelling.

A bit late in discovering this Prada line, but I feel I need to sample more from the Prada range.
I'm a big fan of Iris, one of my fave notes.... But this takes it in a very different way, soapy fresh and clean. Perfect smell. Very versatile. Light but above average longevity.
6hrs then gets close to the skin, but perfect for the warmer weather.

Scent 10
Longevity 7.5
Silage 7
16th May, 2019

Lucky by Christian Dior

Smells good, very uplifting and fresh.
Another that will suit me when I am sat in the comfort of home.... Totally relaxed night in Scent.
Authentic Lily of the Valley.
22nd March, 2019

Jasmin des Anges by Christian Dior

Got this in a miniature bottle after a Dior purchase.
Uplifting fragrance. Very very nice Jasmine.
As I like the Jasmine note, I think I will struggle to wearing this, as unsure of the Scenario this would suit.
But this is a good scent Jasmin of the Angels... Yep very Angelic, maybe a nice night in frag.
Lovely smell. Maybe if I'm being honest leans too close towards a femmanine floral, however I like this.

16th March, 2019

Dior Homme Parfum by Christian Dior

Hats off to Mr.Demachy, absolute wizard with the art of Perfumery.
Genius, another Masterpiece and no. 1 choice for the dressed up occasion.

I love Dior Homme and all are slightly different from each to own all, imo.
DHP is a excellent blend of smooth leather... And the performance is mind blowing.
Perfection in a bottle.

Scent 10-10
Performance 10-10
Sillage 10-10

12hrs + off class and unbeaten by any other Designer scent out there.
Highly recommended.
15th March, 2019

Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior

Well easy to rate this.
I love Oud Scents, I have many Oud frags.... But this is a complete Masterpiece.
Beastly performance and I love the complexity of the Sweet and the Dark vibe, with the perfect mix of floral and Woodiness.
Complete Masterpiece from Dior.
So if you like the Oud Rose combo... Go sample this Perfectly complex Scent.
Starts up very Rosie then turns Dirtier and dirtier minute by minute....

Scent... 10
Performance... 10
Sillage... 10

Perfection here all the way. Must try.
13th March, 2019 (last edited: 15th March, 2019)

Santal Noir by Christian Dior

Woooow!!!
Sweet, Sensual, Seductive, Opulant, Classy, and Very Addictive.

Love love love this.
I get lots of sweet Amber in this, smells soo good.
Strong performance
Smooth Longevity.... That doesn't change too much, just seems to get smoother as it dries down. Opening of super sweet for around three hours and then starts to smooth out from there on in. Lasting on and on.
To me Smells more Amber than Sandalwood, the Sandalwood is there but I don't care coz this was an Instant hit for my collection.

Scent 9.6
Performance 10
Longevity 10
Sillage 10
04th March, 2019

Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) by Christian Dior

Opens up very bright citrus, and woody earthy. Doesn't really change much, but that is not a bad thing.... Coz this is really nice and classy with a lil old school vibe.
Gets a little creamy, but very nice throughout.

Scent 8.9- 10
Longevity 9.5- 10
Sillage 8.0- 10

Overall a really solid nice fragrance
01st February, 2019

Myths Man by Amouage

This is the reason Amouage is my favourite Niche house... Ooh Wooow.

Well I smelt this around 9months ago, since then it has been a must have, eventually I managed to get myself a bottle.
Negative feedback??? I don't understand that one bit.
This opens up load and proud floral, and with heavy dose of Oris and Chrisanthanum.. Match made in heaven, Amouage knows exactly how to mix these floral.... As proved with Sunshine.
But this has legs and performs outstandingly.

So it is a nice floral duo to open this up.... Then a very Smooth leathery Suede accord pops up... That stays throughout the whole dry down. Reminds me of a bit Dior Homme Parfum.
But far more interesting in the beginning. Another banger for me.

Scent 9.8-10 unique opening.
Performance 9.0-10 solid 12hr+
Sillage 8.5-10 three spray beast!

Top 5 Amouage for me.
19th January, 2019

Viking by Creed

Well, this smells Fantastic..... However, the performance on this one is not so good.
So if this was better performing, I would prefare this over the best selling Creed frag. Yes I like the uniqueness of this, not smelt everywhere like the beseller in the house.

Shame.... Coz I really like the Pepper and the peppermint in the spicy opening.
For the price too, it should give a better performance.
So as it stands I am happy having a couple of decants.

Longevity 6.0- 10
Sillage 6.0 - 10
04th January, 2019

Opus VI by Amouage

Stunning. This is Soapy Spicy Amber.
Amouage have some of my fave Scents now.

Although this is fairly similar to Journey, for me Journey is the more spicy stronger better scent.
Not taking away anything Opus V1 is another Masterpiece, only beaten by Journey. Just in my opinion.

Scent. 8.9
Longevity 9.0
Sillage 7.6

Complete masterpiece.
A lot of people go for Jubilation... This is my go to Special occasion frag. Big thumbs up
01st December, 2018

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir by Narciso Rodriguez

Sweet.... Musky

Opens up very bight and I detect a nice grapefruit note, small bit of spice, but soon arrives the Musk, very pleasant and non offensive.
I like this. Average performer.

Longevity 6- 10
Sillage 4- 10

If this was stronger this would be awesome
20th August, 2018

Aoud Violet by Mancera

Bright.... Vibrant, and very uplifting.
This almost lights the room. Definitely brightens my mood with a few sprays of this. Long lasting and fresh.

Quite a Masculine frag so don't be fooled by the name. Very enjoyable.

Scent 9- 10
Longevity 8.2-10
Sillage 8.7 - 10
16th July, 2018

Wild Leather by Mancera

I got a Sample of this... Now this is a very masculin leather.
Dry and smokey.
Opens up a bit animalistic, but calms and turns into a frag I find very very appealing.

This is what Clint Eastwood would ware in Good Bad The Ugly.

And after my sample I finally got my hands on this rough diamand... Unfortunately the weather is too warm for this beast.... Roll on the seasonal change.
As I remember it lasted a decent 8+hours.
14th July, 2018

Aoud Musk by Montale

This Musk is Delightful.

It's kinda cozy in my opinion, never had any compliments when wearing, but i don't think this reaches out from the skin, I think it sits. Closer to the skin. Very nice Musky bubble all around you.

Longevity 7.9 - 10
Sillage 6.5 - 10

This is defo one I ware for me myself and I. Love it
14th July, 2018

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

Complete Masterpiece

It is Dark, very dry, heavy.

This opens with a sweetness, then min by minute gets dryer and dryer.
A little boozy on the opening too.
Complex and has layers of perfection.
Love Love this, I think this is my favourite Tom Ford. Unfortunately tho this is better worn for the cooler or evening, also not many will recognise the pure heavenly perfection that this supplies in the bucket load.
Roll on the cooler weather so I can enjoy this!

Scent 9.5 - 10
Longevity 9 - 10
Sillage 8 - 10
11th July, 2018

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

Classic and not dated.

The question maybe, why don't I yet own a bottle of this??

This is Sharp on the opening, elegant, classy and very versatile and wareable, very safe scent to ware out and about or even a daily work scent.

I smell after an hour a soapy clean Vetiver, with a little touch of neroli. And that is what is appealing to me.
My collection consists mainly of Dark Ouds, and strong heavy incense offerings.... So this would be a complete oposite to my Frag wardrobe.

This is now on my radar... See how long I can resist temptation. Lol