Reviews by Markactor

Oud For Greatness by Initio

After all of the initial hype, I was excited to get my nose on this. Meh. On my skin it did not last and had a less-than-memorable impression. The oud was there for sure, but even after the 3rd wearing of it, I can't get behind this one. Good, yes. For me, it's a No for Greatness.

Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly

A darker and more bold version of Layton. Powerful out of the gate, but wears close to the skin after 2 hours, though stays there for about 12 hours total. Slightly animalistic.

Layton by Parfums de Marly

Incredible and intoxicating scent. Versatile and brilliant. Signature scent worthy.

Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy

Timeless masterpiece. This is what a sophisticated gentleman smells like. An older gentleman. Wear this with pride.

Colonia Intensa Oud/ Colonia Oud by Acqua di Parma

Fantastic oud, all around - and unique. Bold, and somewhat aggressive out of the gate, but it is fabulous.

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Regal and makes a bold and authoritative statement as soon as you smell it. Barbershop-ish, if you were at the barber's on Rodeo drive. One of my top 3.

Royal Oud by Creed

Very nice oud scent. On my skin it doesn't last more than 4 hours and definitely suited for fall/winter. For the price point, it leaves me in the good but not great view.

VIP for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Old school and a huge improvement on the original Giorgio Beverly Hills. No idea why this was discontinued, but it is a splendid and memorable scent.

Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren

Sophisticated and distinguished. Exceptional fragrance though hard to find since they discontinued production.

Ani by Nishane

Of all of the fragrances I own (50+), this Nishane Ani holds the top spot. Simply because it is the most unique and complimented fragrances in my area/demographic. It does smell similar to PDM's Layton, but more fresh and opulent. It jumps off my skin though stays long throughout the evening - a 12+ hour scent. The only knock on this is that it is quite expensive, even in comparison to the Creed's, PDM's, and Tom Ford's of the fragrance world. Worth it... YES!

Reflection Man by Amouage

High expectations from the youtube reviews of this fragrance, so I purchased a sample. I could swear that they sent me a jacked-up, high octane version of Joop instead. If you like the sweetness of Joop that lasts forever in a day, this would be the one. Unfortunately for this reviewer, I am not a fan.
19th April, 2018

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

I had high hopes for this. However, it is a fragrance where it seemed to try too hard and failed (to me). Reminds me of house cleaning products and while it lasted long, I wish it didn't. Though for those who like it, that will be a positive.
26th March, 2018