Reviews by XxKNGxX

Interlude Man by Amouage

I'm torn by this frag. On one hand its smells nice. It lasts pretty much until you don't want it to and even then it lasts some more. So performance isnt an issue at all. 2 sprays is plenty. Now on the other hand I just dont think I can pull it off as a younger American white man. It gets pretty smokey and incense heavy at some points and I just dont really want to walk around smelling like a head shop. Which is exactly what my fiancee said I smell like. So even if I like it if the fiancee dont the wearability goes to just about none
27th September, 2018

L'Aventure by Al Haramain

So if you are looking for a 100 percent clone of aventus you probably are going to be slightly disappointed. However if you are looking for a near aventus it's pretty good. I'd say its 85 percent close. However it is more sour up front and very lemony. It is bright but not quite as bright as aventus. On the middle dry down it gets closer to aventus but has zero smokiness. On complete dry down it's still very close to aventus but lacks the creed quality ambergris. All in all it's quite good and similar to a fruity batch of aventus kn the cheap.
13th September, 2018

Spice and Wood by Creed

This is a golden boy for creed and I tend to like alot of creeds but this one just comes off pretty boring. Its name is accurate though. It has little spice and a whole heap of cedar. For the money it commands I just dont think it's worth it. If you want a similar smell that is more complex and just overall better you can get royal oud for cheaper. 6 outta 10

Néroli Sauvage by Creed

Gorgeous absolutly... for about 20 mins then it dries down to a still nice scent that has very little projection and forget the silage. After an hour or so you have a skin scent that you'd practically have to be licking to smell. If this review were strictly performance based it would he a -2 outta 10. But fortunately for neroli souvage ir isnt and its beautiful opening and its first hour keeps me coming back for more even if that means re applying every few hours. 7 outta 10

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Dont not buy this because of my neutral review because I actually think this fragerance is pretty good. It's quite complex performance seems solid especially for a creed and the dry down is silky smooth.so you may ask why the neutral review and not higher. That's fairly simple. Its just too mature for me. Being in my mid twenties I just cant get away with wearing it and my fiancee cant stand it. I'm still getting a bottle and will keep it cool and dark until I get a little silver and then this baby is coming out. Despite the neutral review I'm giving it an 8 outta 10.

Royal Mayfair by Creed

This is just so odd. A part of me loves it...the other part cant stand it. Kinda smells like pepto bismol. Which from my childhood has always made my stomach churn worse than the flu I currently had. But on the other hand my great grandmother always had these little pink lozenges laying around her house so it kinda reminds me of her. The dry down actually is quite pleasant once that cheap wintergreen scent disappears. To me it's just ok and certainly not my favorite. 6 outta 10

Royal Water by Creed

Had the pleasure of getting a sample of this today at saks. I have to say this frag is underrated. While not groundbreaking or mind numbingly amazing it is solid and true unisex. For the prices it can be had at now on the grey market it's a pretty good value so well. A solid 7.5 outta 10

Original Santal by Creed

First let's get this out of the way right now. Yes it is similar and I use that term very loosely here to joop and Mont blanc individual. Yes. In the same way a Aston Martin vantage is to a Honda accord. They will both get you there but one will do it with sophistication and style and the other will just kinda do it. Original santal in this case is
The Aston. It opens up with lots of spice and some sandalwood although not nearly as much as you may expect from a name like original santal. This is more spicey cinnamon than sandalwood. Given some more time the sandlewood becomes more prominent but just as it begins to appear a little sweet vanilla comes out to dominate. Performance is actually pretty good for a creed on skin I get about 8 hours and on clothing you can get quite a bit more which is what you will likely wear it on because this is to my nose a fall and winter scent maybe a cool spring evening. Not the most versatile in the world but it can be done three seasons. Also this is marketed as a mens fragerance but this is definitely unisex. In conclusion is it revolutionary no...a few others smell similar. But out of those is it the best. In my honest opinion yes it is. Is it worth the money...ehhh that's for you to decide. Get a decant first. But a solid 7.5 outta 10 for me
14th August, 2018

Black Phantom : Memento Mori by By Kilian

Oh kilian.....I want to like you so much but alas I just cant. Honestly this one isnt too bad. As a matter of fact once the boozieness goes away after an hour or so it is fairly pleasent but getting there is tough and the price is just not worth it to me. The notes are fairly accurate. Lots of rum lots of chocolate and caramel. lots of rum lots of rum lots of r...im repeating myself aren't I. Kilian could make some amazing stuff but they are infatuated with making me smell like a drunk.
09th August, 2018

Single Malt by By Kilian

Kilian is at it again with this one...boozy,sweet,and an odd note I cant put my finger on. I've only tried a few kilians of the ones I've tried none of them are really my taste. Another review said it well. Like walking around smelling like a drunk. It is somewhat complex but again its overly so.
09th August, 2018

Viking by Creed

I see alot ot mixed reviews for viking and I understand why some people are unimpressed with it upon its first wearing but trust me when I say it keep wearing it. I wasnt a huge fan initially but after the third time wearing it I've really come to appreciate this fragerance for what it is. It basically to me boils down to just a few notes. Initially you get a blast of clove and peppermint they die down to a smooth smokey ambergris finish not unlike a lot of creeds. I think this is a nice scent for fall and winter but wouldn't recommend it for warm weather.It is just a little heavy for that. Is it the aventus killer everyone was hoping. No. It definitely isnt, but it's still a nice fragerance but may not be worth the price to some however I still like it and may even pick up a bottle when my 10ml decant is gone. Hopefully by that time some discounters will get some bottles and the price plummets. All in all I'd say 7.5 out of 10
04th August, 2018

Millésime Impérial by Creed

Fresh watermelon with salt maybe some musk melon. A very nice clean scent perfect for summer and spring maybe into fall. I like other creeds more but this is definitely a classic. It being widely available for a fairly reasonable price is also a plus. Not a bad starter I to the niche fragrance or creed world

Erolfa by Creed

This definitely smells a little dated as compared to other timeless creeds like GIT. It opens with nice freshness and citrus but upon dry down it gets salty and smells somewhat basic. Not overly impressive but isn't bad either. For the price you can do better with others from even the same house of creed.

Original Vetiver by Creed

Clean...that's the best description I can give for this fragerance. Smells like clean cut grass and a bar of soap. Not cheap soap but luxury soaps in very high end hotels and spas.i think this is a beautiful summer scent especially when temps and humidity are high.

Carlisle by Parfums de Marly

I first sampled this scent and really fell in love with it so I bought a bottle. Firstly presentation is top notch. Parfums De Marly does an awesome job with packaging. The bottle feels like it could be used as a weapon. But that's not what you care about how does it smell.
It starts up front with a nice sweetness that doesn't fully commit to being a gourmand. It does a nice job of riding the line of being slightly fresh as well with the bergamot which is done extremely well as to not be overpowering. After an hour or so on my skin it begins to shine and becomes truly unique the voilets and jasmine begin hitting on all cylinders with the cardamom. The beauty is it holds this lovely scent for a long time I easily had 10 hours of performance on skin with the last 2 being a rich vanilla and cardamom. In conclusion if you are looking for a nice entry gourmand without the boozy sometimes overdone traits *cough* kilian *cough* this may be for you.