Reviews by jklolbrb

Blu Mediterraneo : Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma

Initial blast made me think of a lime popsicle but not in bad way.
After a bit it cools down you get to appreciate it develop into something more mature/sophisticated, which contrasts the playful top notes surprisingly well.

It gives off sort of a coconut/suntan lotion vibe that this house seems uses as the dna for most of the fragrances in this line.

Smells like old money on a beach somewhere in the Mediterranean
26th November, 2019

Gin Blossom by Love&Toast

I discovered this scent as a hand cream purely by chance. While waiting for my girlfriend in the store I
was trying out different toiletries that were on display. I was immediately enchanted by this scent and I picked it up for around the house and for a long time I continued buying the hand cream regularly.

As a guy, it is too feminine to have worn as a spray on myself personally, but still, when I found out it came in an edt form, I debated buying a bottle just for me to smell at home. Yes, it's enchantment power is that good.

I find it absolutely delightful and refreshing. Sadly it was discontinued a couple years ago and prices for a bottle became more than I could justify for a fragrance I would never actually wear. So I had resigned to this scent forever being lost in a pleasant memory.

With some luck I came across someone selling a 100ml edp online for a price I had to jump at and I now keep it around and smell it whenever I need to feel refreshed.

Again, there's nothing masculine here. I would never wear it out personally, but it's one of my favorite smells I've discovered and with a little more luck, I'll find a girlfriend who loves it as much as me and I can smell it on her
10th November, 2019

Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

I have 100ml of edt, edp, and the parfum. This is the best of the 3. No contest.

You have the same sauvage dna as always, but it introduces itself with a subtle fruitiness that seems to bring about a fullness, arguably presenting itself as the complete version of this dna, finally realized to its full potential.
The edt and edp are now left to be redefined to history as noble, yet nonetheles failed attempts along the road to creating a legend.

It's more versatle than its predecessors and is thus more wearable in all situations. It doesnt give off a juvenile vibe like the edt, while also not swaying too sharply the other direction like the edp can do.
10th November, 2019

V/S for Men by Versace

Not a very masculine scent to my nose. To me, personally, Versace V/S strongly reminds me of my grandmas living room. I realize that is a subjective position from which to form an opinion, but I choose to stand by it, firmly. This one is just not good boys. Pass this one over. You deserve better.
23rd April, 2019

Encre Noire by Lalique

Very off-putting upon first smell... yet I keep smelling my decant. It is strangely intriguing. It gives off a vibe of negativity, or death perhaps. Can't really put my finger on it, but I also can't say I actually like this scent.

I'll come back to it in a few weeks and maybe I will have a different opinion on it and update my review, but for now: OFF PUTTING.

Reflection Man by Amouage

Got a decant after reading many hyped up reviews. Not impressed. Smells like cleaning products to me. Glad I only got a 5ml.

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue by Versace

This didn't really grab my attention my first smelling, but I have really grown to appreciate what this juice is.

To me, it is a straight combo of Sauvage and Polo Sport. Hits you with what can easily be confused as Sauvage on the opening and then on the drydown it is extrtemely reminiscent of Polo Blue. Thats my two cents.

I was about to shell out for a bottle of Sauvage, but for this price point, I will likely order this instead.

Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani

Still has the Code DNA, but the addition of the tonka bean creates a distinct Dr. Pepper vibe. It sounds odd I know but I absolutely love it.

It also sticks aroundfor an impressive length of time.
29th December, 2018

L'Aventure by Al Haramain

It really is a dead ringer for Aventus. I will now be wearing L'Aventure primarily and keep the Creed for special occasions. I am thoroughly impressed.
29th December, 2018