Reviews by SnobValue

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Everything positive you've ever read about Jubilation XXV is all true. Only that it's not meant for Kings....its meant for Gods.

I only wish the opening would last a little longer. I seem to be wearing this all the time and sniffing my wrists all the time all day.

Can't get over it. The best I've smelt in a long time.

10 on 10.
11th December, 2018

Leather Oud by Christian Dior

Very very dirty.
If you want to pay this much to smell like a dirty smelly cat, go ahead. Be my guest. Thats exactly what it smells like.
20th November, 2018

Reflection Man by Amouage

All the negative things you've read about this here are all true.
This isn't Amouage. This is so so bad.

Cant understand the hype around this and Interlude. Both unbearable. Is it their marketing strategy to create this sorta hype for their bad ones so as to sell them? Strange !
08th November, 2018

Journey Man by Amouage

So easily the most under-rated Amouage fragrance. No one seems to talk or write about it online.

This is so spicy warm and nice. It's not over bearing like Interlude or dead like Memoir.

Definitely worth the spend.
06th November, 2018

Interlude Man by Amouage

This is so so very sweet. Thats all I get. Smells and feels like honey. Its loud. Its sweet. It give me a headache.

Sucha disappointment.

Smells great when you first smell it from the bottle.

Try a sampler for a few days....rather a year, since a sampler will last you that long, and then decide if you want to buy it.
03rd November, 2018

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

A Classic. So fresh. Still so relevant. Still so nice after all these years.

Worth having a bottle in the collection.
24th October, 2018

Sauvage by Christian Dior

Too much hype. Bought blind based on the hype.
Such a let down. It feels like wearing a chemical. Very very synthetic. Loud.

All in all a disappointment. If you're into loud obnoxious ones, this ones for you.
24th October, 2018

Aventus by Creed

Overhyped? Perhaps. Nice? Oh Yes.

I had heard so much about this one that I had to get one for myself. So blind bought a bottle. Well, I may have been a bit disappointed at first coz of the hype online. It's a nice fragrance, lots of pineapple is what I get. Feels premium and well blended. I haven't tried other batches so I don't know about batch variations, but I believe there are variations, which at this price point, is in my books unacceptable.

Having said that, once you've worn it, you wanna come back to it day after day. It has that addictive kinda feel. Smells really nice too.

Well worth the spend. hmmmm...yes.

p.s. unlike most, I don't get into the notes, etc. It's all there for everyone to see on this site as well as other places on the net. I'm not a pro, just a novice collector.
20th October, 2018 (last edited: 11th December, 2018)

Oud Wood by Tom Ford

More spices and wood than oud, which is a good thing. Too much oud isn't all that great. This one's a nice one. Feels smokey and warm. Well blended.

Well worth the spend.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

This is the best niche fragrance I own and have tried. This is what sexy smells like. This is what sex should smell like. It is seductive and mysterious. It projects well and longevity is great.

Well worth the spend - hell yeah.

Endymion by Penhaligon's

My first niche purchase. Its classy, rich, understated and mild. Perfect for when you suit up in the evenings. Someone needs to come close though to get mesmerized.

Well worth the spend.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

This is very fresh and green as the name suggests. Lasts long, projects well enough. All the green notes come through really well.

Sadly, problem is that the next guy maybe wearing Cool Water and smelling almost(not quite) like you for one tenth the price.

Having said that, this is a classic. Is a classy perfume and feels that way too.

Epic Man by Amouage

So this is a nice fragrance. I get a lot of Frankincence in this. The longevity is great. Its very rich, smoky and creamy and feels like a posh expensive niche fragrance that its supposed to be. Well worth the spend.