Reviews by MettlerMatt

Journey Man by Amouage

This stuff smells great and lasts all day! One of few perfumes i will get whiffs of throughout the day.

Will always be in my collection

06th May, 2019

Spicebomb Eau Fraîche by Viktor & Rolf

Ahh he baby of the family and what a baby it is!

I own this and Extreme but not the original as i can not stand the cinnamon in it.

This is definitely a toned down and more relaxed apporach, one i really do enjoy. I actually find this quite up lifting during the cooler days with that peppery spice citrus it is going on.

This definitely doesn't not perform compared with the others but it has it's own time and place. Ie out of the shower fragrance or early morning i find great

29th April, 2019

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf

I really enjoy this fragrance. The obvious tobacco, vanilla and spice mixes very well within this. I find it a very sensual and great date night scent.

The performance isn't great which kind of annoys me but i think this may project a little further than i anticipate. It definitely lasts long but i just don't seem to get that projection or sillage i would expect.

In saying this i have had quite a few compliments with this and it is definitely a head turner.

I think the price is fair and i will be getting another bottle when i run out.

One of the coolest fragrance bottles period!

7.5/10
29th April, 2019

Millésime Impérial by Creed

This smells damn rich and full of life. It is certainly a shame it suffers from poor performance.

However it will always be in my collection as my Fiancè absolutely loves this. She calls it the baby maker and everytime i wear this her eyes grow wider, her smile perks up and she can't stop getting close to me. For this reason alone i will always have a bottle at the ready for special nights with her.

Definitely one of my favorite holiday fragrances also.

It is so refined, rich, fruity and full bodied.

If it didn't suffer with performance it would score higher.

23rd April, 2019 (last edited: 29th April, 2019)

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

So this is my story for SMW.

It was my third Creed and one night my Fiancè asked me to get my fragrances out. Out of probably 10 i had at the time she absolutely loved this and Pardon by Nasomatto. She just couldn't stop sniffing it and even started wearing it herself. . . Then a couple of days later i dropped my bottle and it shattered. I was gutted but got straight online and ordered another.

A week goes by and she goes to put it on again and instantly didn't like it and now she hasn't worn it since. She keeps saying it smells different everytime i wear it now. To me it also smelt different with more mandarin, tea but less musk and black current to my nose anyway.

So does SMW also suffer from batch variations? I can say Aventus certainly does as i own 4 bottles of different batches and they all have a uniqueness i like about them. I also own multi bottles of other Creeds but these are the only obvious ones to me thus far.

Im not fussed about batch variations too much but i haven't read too much into SMW having this issue. So i was more curious than anything!

Anyway i do really enjoy this fragrance but for me it seems weak and doesn't last as long as I'd like. Considering other than my Fiancè i haven't had a compliment and is hard to gather how it performs.

But i do adore this scent and that opening is just gorgeous to my nose and the dry down is very good too.

It would score higher if i felt it performed better.

23rd April, 2019 (last edited: 29th April, 2019)

Club de Nuit Intense for Men by Armaf

So Aventus was my first Niche fragrance and now i own 4 different bottles.

How does Club De Nuit compare?

Close I'd say about 75%.

The opening is alot more harsh but when you get to the dry down it is similar. That's about as far as it goes.

It is nowhere near as refined, blended well or full of life as Aventus. In saying that for the price it is a really good fragrance and a step in the door to the world of Aventus.

I am on my second bottle of CDNI so don't think im just a stauch Aventus fan boy. I really do enjoy this fragrance!

However there is only one King.

But this is a review of CDNI at the end of the day! For what it is this fragrance kicks some ass there is no doubt it can perform! And the price is a sure bonus. Highly recommend this.

Italian Cypress by Tom Ford

Probably my 3rd favorite Private blend after Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood.

This is invigorating, fresh, green and clean! The opening reminds me of a greener and more refined Bois Du Portugal by Creed.

I really truly adore this fragrance and glad i got to purchase it at a reasonable price.

Id love to say it will always be in my collection but that really depends on its availability and price if it is to be kept vaulted.

To me a great scent but not worth the massive amounts most places are asking. I would happily stick to Bois Du Portugal for less.

If the price wasn't a factor it would score higher!

Original Vetiver by Creed

A classic, fresh and clean scent with a hint of dirty.

I do really like the smell of this however at times i experience performance issues with it.
Sometimes i will smell it deep into the day other days it just disappears for me. Although im sure it still lingers this annoys me.

Will a buy another bottle. . . Potentially.

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

A true delight to wear.

Definitely a masculine, refined and confident fragrance.

It will always be in my collection.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

This was my second Creed. A friend of mine was coming back from the Philippines and i asked him to get me a bottle from Duty Free. It was 20% off.

That day i had a family gathering and couldn't wait to put it on. Oh boy i really disliked it! It took a few weeks and multi wearings to start appreciating this.

However fast forward 4 months and i have almost run out of that 100ml bottle and have brought a second 75ml.

It took a while for me to get there but now it is simply a great fragrance to me. It will forever be in my collection and is tied with Bois Du Portugal for 2nd place in my Creed collection.

My favorite go to Clean, fresh and green fragrance.

It is almost winter here and i can't wait for spring so i can wear this again!

4.5/5
22nd April, 2019 (last edited: 26th April, 2019)

Pardon by Nasomatto

To me this is classy, masculine and sexy all brought together in the most beautiful way.

Definitely a sensual scent perfect for a meet and greet or date night. If you want to make heads turn use this.

Everytime i smell this i can't get enough of it, its just magical juice.

Performance is great and it really excells in cooler months.

It will forever be in my collection.

Royal Oud by Creed

I really like this however i have yet to receive a compliment and find this is a very situational fragrance ie. Formal events, weddings etc

But i will still wear this whenever i please as i find it very refined, regal and smooth.

Performance is decent and definitely excells in the cooler months.

Oud Wood by Tom Ford

I love this scent however it does suffer from performance issues.

Will i buy another bottle. . . Yes.

I really do love how it smells and has to be probably my favorite take on Oud. It is just blended so well!

I just wish it performed better for the price.

Bois du Portugal by Creed

The first time i smelt this i couldn't wait to wash it off. There was something in it which i thought was coriander that i hated.

However this also happened to me with Green Irish Tweed and Himalaya. Both of which are in my top 5 Creeds now. With this in mind i brought a bottle at a good price and now it is almost tied with Green Irish Tweed for second place.

I really do love this fragrance now but like alot of great things in life you must give it time to appreciate it. I do get the old fashioned/mature vibe to this but I'd lean to more a timeless classic.

Im 28 and when i wear this i feel confident and invigorated!

Out of all my Creeds (15 bottles) i find this performs very well on me. Although mainly suited for formal events or nights out it can be pulled off in any case by the right person.

Funnily enough my most compimented Creed followed by Aventus.

It is truly a timeless classic and will always be in my collection.

4.5/5

Himalaya by Creed

As with some of my favorite Creeds this took me awhile to appreciate just how good it is. At first i really disliked this (blind buy). However now i am almost out of my 75ml bottle and will definitely be getting a 120ml this time.

This has actually garnered me quite a few compliments and a few people have even asked how i smell so fresh and clean. This in my opinion is the yellow version of GIT and i find i enjoy it more in the cool months.

Will definitely remain a staple in my collection and can't wait to get a big boy bottle.

That feeling when you get out of the shower on a cool morning and that fresh citrus blast peppers you is magic!

However i do wish it performed better!

22nd April, 2019

Aventus by Creed

Having owned this fragrance for a little over a month i finally got a big compliment from the most beautiful woman serving us at a work meeting. After buying a round of beer she said someone smelt 'ridiculously amazing' then asked if it was me, having a partner i played it down but boy it felt good! Living in New Zealand i have not yet come across anyone who has even heard of Aventus so for me its hands down a cut above the rest.
I have had many compliments with this but none like this.

Personally i love this fragrance from the first time i smelt which was almost a year ago to owning 2 bottles within the last month. I really struggled to justify the price but now i don't think i can ever look back. The performance is great on me even long after i can no longer smell it my partner will say she can. I've even smelt it the day after applying it and even after a shower the next morning. The dry down is one of the best in my opinion and no clone i have tried has been on par with Aventus. It is also very versatile i have found.
The sillage is good also. Though i only seem to get the compliments when applying 5+ sprays to really hit that projection limit.

Scent 9.5/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 8.5/10
Versatility 8.5/10
Overall 9/10
07th February, 2019 (last edited: 08th February, 2019)