Reviews by ScentCrusader

Prada L'Homme by Prada

I am giving this a neutral review as I am still testing this one out. I like it myself being a clean, floral based fragrance. I like how Prada has blended this well to a good sillage and how it projects a smooth trail of scent. I actually enjoy it as I look to get a sniff of the scent itself. It reminds me of clean linen in a high end resort or hotel. The only downfall is that, I was told that I smelt like an old man from a lady at work making me to wonder, if I could be wrong. I don’t that vibe. Again, maybe just one person, in the whole census of multiples, right !. Or maybe I might try it out on others.

Layton by Parfums de Marly

This is a remarkable fragrance. I have this grouped with my clean gourmands as I get that more from this scent. I guess everyone’s senses are different. This fragrance is well blended, got a wow factor, and smooth. Longevity is phenomenal, sillage phenomenal and creative. I blind bought it based on fragrance reviews on YouTube and those folks were right on this one. I prefer this more than Carlisle.

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Well if this is what Hugh Jackman likes, gotta be good. I got this in my collection as I am a fan of TF lines also. TF made this very clean and wearable at work. Longevity is fantastic and sillage is beast. I would use this in a board room setting with a spray or 2 at the most. This is not for a night out fragrance on the booze binge however more for a formal cocktail kinda a atmosphere. I have not smelt a scent like this in a designer. If you like something that does not smell like others than this is a good buy. Over spraying will cloy you and you will get irritated.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

This fragrance reminds me of country side of Ireland. Very clean, fresh, cool and green. This is ideal for work and I only use 2 sprays as I find it strong and anything more cloys me and doesn’t let me appreciate the intent of the fragrance and it’s changes. It is more like Cool water with a bit of Irish Spring soap in the mix and that is what I get of it. As bad as it may sound, it is beatifully composed to make it enjoyable. Longevity is not that great compared to Aventus and I get that from all citrusy and fresh fragrances.

Eros by Versace

I am trying to compare apples to apples with another fragrance Le Male Ultra Male. Seen a lot of reviews on these two before I added both to my collection. Both have the same idea in terms of idea. Eros is a beast when comes to initial projection and keeps that mode for quite a while and smooths to creamy and less sharp at the end. Le Male is balanced to be not sharp but smooth right to the end. Eros is very sharp right on first spray. May have to be the apple that gives it that vibe. I have recieved compliments on both however Le Male is more seductive in nature. Both are great for out doors however at work, if you chose to use Eros, limit your spray to a max of 2 as you may cloy others. I have it in my good list as I enjoy these scents.

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

This as we know it comes from the past as a traditional clean, citrusy based fragrance with a dry down of a woody. This fragrance is in my meh list as it not intended to wow or intrigue anyone. A work scent is more to its niche. Sillage is standard and longevity is in the middle due to its citrus nature.

Carlisle by Parfums de Marly

I like this fragrance. I can’t say love. This fragrance reminds me a little of TF Tobacco Vanille. It has that tobacco with caramel note that I get but can’t seem to see in the notes. Strength is powerful. I would not spray more than 1 if using for work as it is a projection beast. It is a fluent composure but the fragrance will stay linear thru the stages.!

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

I would not say bad about this fragrance however it is more for a mature audience. Anyone under 30 may not want to pull this off. It is a floral composition, strong and have fantastic projection. Looking at the notes would somewhat give away the kinda fragrance that it would be. The scent is linear and does not change its appearance. Do not attempt to over spray as it is rich and will be cloying.

Aventus by Creed

A must have for a connoisseur of fragrances. This is a fragrance that gives a blast of juicy fruitiness in the beginning with a hint of gourmandness. The dry down is clean and smooth. When I got this one, it gave me a sense of feeling good when first sprayed and then leads to a situation where you are actually looking for the whiffs of its scent. I may have not recieved a compliment on the fragrance but it is something that you will and want to appreciate thru out the day. Longevity is remarkable.

Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

My very first exposure to Armani years ago. Still use this scent for work. Loved the clean scent as you first spray it till the base notes kick in. Only issue is I don’t get the longevity from this one maybe due to my skin not having the ability to hold. For me I use it if I am going to meet a client or a formal dinner that does not last long. It can pull off as a confident, professional business man in a suit closing deals.

Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani

Watched a review and decided to jump on this one. Did not regret the purchase. A great scent for outdoors or in large areas if you are trying to garner attention. It smells very rich and blended. I would put this in the same as Victor and Rolf Spicebomb extreme family.

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

A beatifully composed fresh scent that smells very clean and professional. Received compliments in close encounters due to the projection not too powering on me. A good work scent that will not offend others. Did not regret buying this one.

Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani

A great scent for the cold evening. It is seductive and have recieved compliments on the scent from people I work with. Has good longevity. Found 2 sprays to be great for me on both upper arms.

Versace pour Homme by Versace

Have recieved compliments from this one. The longevity of this one on my skin stays till the 4hr range. I somewhat have dry skin since I live in an area where temps are around -10 Celsius. Stays longer in the summer than winter but projects heavier in the winter. Great for business use.