Reviews by nfn1983

nfn1983's avatar
    nfn1983
    Iran Iran

Silver Shadow Pure Blend by Davidoff

The best word I can say about it while being somewhat optimistic is NICE!
    But nothing ground breaking or masterpiece at all! A bit stronger and fuller than the original Silver Shadow, but definitely with the same skeleton.
    Average longevity and subnormal sillage/projection.
    nothing original and many scents have close resemblance to it, like Baldessarini Cologne Concentree and YSL L'Homme to some extent.
    Overall pleasant and better than its father! But this does not justify buying the full bottle as I bought and now I'm so so with it...!

02 May, 2013

Lyric Man by Amouage

Definitely a high quality juice with very good longevity and moderate projection;
    But a LARGE but:
    The scent is very floral and feminine to me, as the major role is playing by rose in it nearly the same way that well-blended ladies scents have.
    Certainly unique scent in male fragrance directory, but I think it is completely unisex and infact more on the female side!
    This would be a very high quality radiant and gentle female scent!
    Though not for me and I'd rate it Neutral, but for ladies sure thumbs up!
    Maybe I buy this for my wife!

04 April, 2013 (Last Edited: 20th April, 2013)

Aramis Bermuda Tonic by Aramis

At first I didn't expect so much of it, but the scent really grew on me after just 2 days of wearing!
    Largely different from bunch of other aquatics and has a very smooth warm note too!
    Love the earthy vibe like wettened stony pavements by rain.
    Surprised me by its respectable longevity, competing with many dark and warm scents in it!
    All over, a real thumbs up!

01st March, 2013

Passenger pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

I think this scent is better than the ratings!
    Has acceptable longevity and projection. Like other ST Dupont fragrances has good quality.
    Somewhat warm and spicy, but to me it is not sharp or offensive even with applying 7-8 sprays.
    In the dry down it becomes something woody.
    I've received compliments from my female colleagues, I myself also liked it on my friend wearing this. He smelled very good to me.
    No way cheap smelling and enough different from any other fragrance in my wardrobe, but may be boring for daily usage.
    Good value for the price I think...
    If there was a rating above Neutral and below Thumbs Up that would be my choice!

13 December, 2012

Aigner Man ² Evolution by Etienne Aigner

The original Man2 is far better to me.
    I think there's something lacking in this scent! I think all is in the top note and there's no dry down and basenote!
    Average to low projection and subnormal longevity.
    Not buying this again...

21st November, 2012

Jazz Prestige by Yves Saint Laurent

Today I had a lucky chance of finding this masterpiece in its vintage bottle & packaging in an old shop shelf!
    But unfortunately there were just 2 30ml bottles, so I bought one 30ml bottle for 45$! Very expensive!
    I should say it IS fantastic, wayyyy different from new formulation of Jazz. Very classy and moderately long lasting. Somewhat warm and masculine but not suffocating or intoxicating in anyway.
    Wished it was not discontinued. I can't understand why it is not produced any more.
    Good addition to the collection!

30th October, 2012

S.T. Dupont Homme by S.T. Dupont

Today I had a chance to test this.
    In a word I can say it IS Declaration by Cartier! But consider less sillage and longevity.
    I myself think can not differentiate it from Declaration when my colleague has put it on!
    In brief, for the price it's quite reasonable to give it a thumbs up...

29 October, 2012

Angel by Thierry Mugler

When applied appropriately (Max. 4-5 sprays) and after about half an hour it smells like being in heaven in the middle of winter!
    I just can't stop sniffing my wife! and it fills all the car sitting together, no matter which scent I've worn or how much I've applied!
    Great sillage & longevity, mature & sexy!
    To me almost no other scent even close to it, UNIQUE!
    Big Big Big thumbs up!

12 October, 2012

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

The scent itself is superb! I almost find no other scent even close to it!
    But a BIG BUT!
    There's NO sillage or longevity with this stuff! A great pitty.
    No matter how many sprays you do (as once I did 24!), in the next hour hardly anyone can even tell that you're wearing a fragrance!
    I give it a VERY WEAK neutral rating just for the scent itself, but I never buy it again...

05 October, 2012

L'Essence de Déclaration by Cartier

I myself can hardly differentiate this from the original one!
    Good stuff with prominent sillage & longevity...

14 September, 2012

Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart

Massive sillage & longevity!
    People get really annoyed by overapplying it!
    IMO lacks the depth & character of remaining in memory!
    REALLY synthetic from top to base!
    very affordable price.
    So, not a bad frag. for the price!
    BTW is REALLY popular in my country & you can smell it everywhere! I think simply it's because of affordability!

11th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 February, 2013)

John Varvatos by John Varvatos

After reading many positive reviews of it I was really curious to test it.
    As it's a relatively rare fragrance in my country it took several months to find a sample!
    At first I got average top notes which regarding aforementioned positive reviews nearly disappointed me, coz I expected a differently lovely scent from it. but after a while turned to lovely partially sweet warm notes that made me partially satisfied with the fragrance.
    But wait, how familiar this scent is to me!
    Yes, I get 90% base notes of CARLOS SANTANA for men! believe me, if you don't give a try!
    Not a unique & must buy one, but good to have. I'll buy because I love Carlos Santana, but rare to find another one!
    Finally pointing to its reasonable price I'll give it a WEAK thumbs up!

29 June, 2012

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared2

a nice woody aromatic fragrance, but I got many similarities to Lalique Encre Noir. doesn't it?
    everyone liking Encre Noir should try this too.
    So I didn't buy!!! :)

17 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 05 July, 2012)

Essence Pure pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

Although I had small number of frags before, this was my FIRST really serious cologne buy! so I've nostalgic emotions with this.
    It's a SAFE, cool & fruity scent with WONDERFUL sillage and very good longevity for its own genre. also a compliment getter for me even after one decade! so I bought another bottle after previous one went empty. I've also gifted this more than any scent to my dears and they had been wearing this frequently. also think can be weared by a female in warm weather very commonly!
    but there's something very important to me with this scent:
    it's no way offensive how much you overapply this, it is safe & projects politely!
    something different to me & at least a must try...
    Two thumbs up!

17 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 February, 2012)

Scuderia Ferrari Black by Ferrari

As have been mentioned I think it's a watered down & poorer quality edition of Boss Bottled! smells exactly the same (as I'm using its shower gel & afret shave balm with my remaining Boss Bottled and quite happy with that!!!) but less classy and more generic.
    also I had very poor longevity and projection with this.

17 February, 2012

Ferrari Passion by Ferrari

in a one sentence:
    very very synthetic & CHEAP smelling!

17 February, 2012