Reviews by xXjEnNyXx

xXjEnNyXx's avatar
    xXjEnNyXx

Vanille Banane by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

When I first sprayed Vanille Banane, it took me straight back to my childhood. It smelled just like the banana runts candy I use to eat as a child. Within about 10 minutes I smelt an artificial banana scent that mixes with vanilla, kind of like a banana shake which lasts for about 30 minutes or so. Then it becomes a nice straight vanilla scent that wears close to the skin for about 4-5 hours. Not too sweet or fruity, a perfect combination of notes that play well with my skin chemistry. With that said, I think this perfume is fun and different and I really like the way this smells. =) Thumbs up for me. If you like the scent of bananas and vanilla, I would give this one a try.

03 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 27 February, 2010)

Baby Doll Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

I bought this blind without testing. I tried this on several attempts and all I smell is sickening soury grapefruit note from beginning to end...I guess Babydoll just doesn't work well with my chemistry or maybe it is supposed to smell this way? Whatever it may be, I can say Babydoll is NOT my cup of tea.

01st December, 2009

L by Lolita Lempicka

I really like this fragrance. The bottle is sooooo adorable....I love the packaging. I would say that L is a woodsy vanilla fragrance on me (more vanilla than woods). It is a heavier scent and very sweet, but not too sweet for me. L smells much better than pink sugar IMO and there is no comparison to it . There is a burnt, almost chemical and artifical smell in pink sugar and L does not, at least on me. L reminds me a little of Hanae Mori's pink butterfly perfume. I would wear this in cooler weather or on a nice evening out because it is a bit heavy. Gorgeous scent that brings me many complimen when I wear it.

21st November, 2009

Love of Pink by Lacoste

This perfume is a very pretty floral with hints of fruity notes. It smells crisp, clean and feminine. The main notes I smell are of orange and passion fruit which blend into floral notes (I smell magnolia and peony but I'm not sure if thoes floral notes are used). After an hour or so, vanilla and musk seem to emerge and pull through the fruity/ floral notes after it settles into my skin. I like to wear Love of Pink during the day, it last sbout 3 hours on me and then i do not smell it anymore.

Chance Eau Fraîche by Chanel

A perfect summer scent! Chance Eau Fraiche is light and smells clean, crisp, and fresh. I wear this scent during the day and IMO is perfect for me because of the hot and humid Flordia weather. On me, I get notes of citrus and greens with undertones of light woods, musk and amber. Chance Eau Fraiche seem to last on me through out the day. What more can I say...a classic summer scent!

Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent by Estée Lauder

This smells just like the beach to me...salt water, suntan lotion, coconut and even salted seaweed. The combination of notes makes me want to hop in my car and take a ride to the beach every time I smell it. This perfume wears very close to my skin, it is light and not overpowering. I have not had a chance to smell and compare Bronze Goddess to Azuree Soleil yet but will check it out on my next trip ro the mall.

Black XS for Her by Paco Rabanne

I love, love, LOVE this scent. It is warm, sensual and sexy. I do not get any of the rose note, if the rose is present it is very very faint. On my skin, I smell blackberries infused with vanilla and woods. There is a hint spiciness which I believe comes from the pink peppercorn. This fragrance is not too heavy...it is sexy, exotic and intriguing IMO. I get SOOOOOO many compliments when I wear this fragrance. This is hands down one of my favorites!

M.A.C Hue: Turquatic by M.A.C

I sprayed this on my wrist while waiting in line at a MAC store. It smelled good with the first couple of sprays. When I got into my car I kept smelling the sillage from the Turquatic perfume. The smell of fresh lotus flowers and water filled my car and it smelled wonderful. This scent is a beautiful aquatic floral on me and smells great...Nedless to say I went back to the MAC store the following day to purchase it. Great day time scent.

15 November, 2009 (Last Edited: 05 September, 2010)

Vanille Fleuri de Tahiti by La Maison de la Vanille

It took me several attempts of trying Vanille Fleuri de Tahiti before i could say I actually liked it. When first sprayed, all I smell is artificial fruity notes when on my skin with undertones of vanilla. IMO there is a little bit of spice, maybe spiced vanilla? I did not like the combination of artificial fruit mixed with vanilla and the way the notes played on my skin, but after several attempts I must say that I appreciate this perfume now and I do enjoy wearing it. I would suggest sampling this a few times before purchasing. I have not smelled a vanilla scent quite like this one, it is unique and definately is not for everyone's taste.

Rock 'n Rose by Valentino

I found this fragrance smells like powder and roses. The rose note is not strong, ot is very mild to my nose. This perfume is very light and airy. I can't detect any of the other notes once this is on my skin. Rock n Rose is very delicate, soft and feminine. The rose note is soft and is not overpowering at all. This is a very pretty fragrance, I like it.

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears

Comparing this to the original Fantasy...I would choose this one. IMO the original Fantasy is overly sweet,headache inducing and sickening to me but Midnight Fantasy is much better, I actually like Midnight Fantasy. Although blueberries is not listed as a note, that is what I smell....yummy sweet blueberries mixed with vanilla and a hint of musk...YUM! it is sweet without being overly sweet, I actually like this one...shocking but I might have to pick up a small bottle....

Young Sexy Lovely by Yves Saint Laurent

Very clean and feminin. Young Sexy Lovely is very light and airy perfume that lasts me almost the whole day. This perfume is a pretty, soft floral perfume with some fruity notes. Great for work as it is very innofensive. Very beautiful scent.

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

Nina is a sparkling fruity floral fragrance that smells deliciously edible on my skin. It is sweet but not too sweet because there is a tartness to it, if that makes any sense. I do not smell lemon or lime but I do smell a definite apple note, but it is NOT like a sweet DKNY Be Delicious note at all...there is something synthetic about this apple note or maybe it is the notes that mix with the apple? The funny thing , IMO is the synthetic note actually makes this perfume smell so good...go figure. I find myself wearing Nina day or night....Sometimes I can't get enough of it =)

Pacific Paradise by Escada

Ohhhhhhhh how I love the Escada tropical collection line....A Fruity floral just like the rest of the collection....With notes of lime, apple, bananas, coconut, sandalwood, amber and musk, this tropical scent is perfect for summer.

Unforgivable Woman by Sean John

This fragrance is nice. I find it smells clean and sweet at the same time. Unforgivable Woman is very light and powdery to my nose. I wear this scent when I know I am going to be in a crowded place because it is very soft and inoffensive. Not a fragrance I absoutley can't live without, but this scent is pretty and I do like wearing it....

Rockin' Rio by Escada

Theres something about the Escada tropical collection that I just love...Definately a fruity scent that is very girly. The fruity notes smell really great on a warm hot day with notes of tangerine, pineapple, peach, coconut, some woods and musk. Very bright and vibrant perfect for Miami's humid weather...maybe that's why I love Escada's line so much.

Deci Delà by Nina Ricci

I bought this blind due to some good reviews. Deci Dela is a very synthetic floral smell on me, it smells like something is missing or not quite right. IMO this perfume reminds me of a cheap floral air freshner...which is not my cup of tea. I don't like this one at all.

Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) by Hanae Mori

Butterfly is definately a sweet gourmand scent, reminds me of almond cookies and vanilla extract for some reason. I do not like overly sweet scents, but I love this one....go figure! Maybe my tastes are changing? Very foody with amazing sillage and lasts a long time on me....I smell this for hours and hours. I do detect some ylang ylang and woods but very faint IMO. I find this scent sexy and playful and perfect for night or cooler weather as it is a little heavy. I just love this!

Allure Eau de Toilette by Chanel

I like this scent....I am shocked that there are so many neutral and negative reviews. Allure works really good with my skin chemistry. I would classify this scent as oriental, at least to my nose it is. I get notes of creamy warm vanilla and woods. I do not smell any floral or fruity notes...they do not stand out to me, but I know they are there because of the fragrance notes description. I choose to wear Allure at night or in the cooler months because I think it is too warm and heavy for hot or daytime weather. Thumbs up for me =)

Maybe Baby by Benefit

Maybe Baby is a clean, feminine and somewhat flirty scent. I like they way the peach and musk notes play together on my skin. Very nice combination that somehow feels refreshing when I first spray it on. This perfume is perfect to spray on when you first get out of the shower....it leaves me with a fresh clean feel.

Set Sail St. Barts for Women by Tommy Bahama

A great citrusy fragrance perfect for summer.

05 July, 2009

S de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer

To me this smells alot like Hypnotic Poison. S de Scherrer is an oriental/ vanilla fragrance that smells lovely on my skin. It is warm and sensual. I do not get any floral notes at all. S de Scherrer does differ a little from Hypontic Poison (HP has a distinctive playdough note and S de Scheffer does not). I absoutely love this fragrance. If you like Hypnotic Poison, definately give this one a try.

13 May, 2009

F by Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

I really love all of Salvatore Ferragamos fragrances with one exception......F by Ferragamo. This doesn't work for me at all. It really stinks!!!!!! It smells like a mix of overly sweet candy, florals, and cough syrup on my skin. There is also a stale or old note that I can not pinpoint. IMO, the mixture of notes do not flow well. Very heavy and sticky. All I can say is.........Yuck, and thats an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 May, 2009

Intimately Beckham Women by Beckham

Very pretty floral fragrance that has very light powdery undertones (IB does not smell like powder). Very feminine and very pleasant scent to my nose. IMO, this scent is ageless and can be worn by anyone. It is not overpowering and it is great for work because it is so light and inoffensive. Although it is light, it is noticeable and catches attention. Overall it is a beautiful fragrance, it is definately worth giving it a try....

06 May, 2009

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

This is not my favorite scent, but I find it wearable. It is o.k. and it does smell nice. I would catergorize this as a powder fragrance. It is one dimensional with a predominate note of powder mixed with a very faint spiced note on my skin. I find it innofensive, airy, light, and soft...perfect for a hot day. I wear CM when I want a "SAFE" fragrance choice. It is a feminine/ girly scent, and reminds me of a baby (the powder note). I give it a 3 out of 5 because it it is wearable, but I don't think it is for me. I wouldn't purchase CM again...but if you like powdery fragrances, give this one a try.

30th April, 2009

Nautica Bermuda Blue by Nautica

Bermuda Blue is a nice summer scent that reminds me of the beach. It doesn't last very long on my skin (about an hour or two). It is a light, clean floral but has a slight warmthness to it. Bermuda Blue is somewhat ordinary and plain to me...It doesn't have that 'wow' factor but it is very wearable. A casual fragrance that can be worn with jeans and a t-shirt. Perfect for a day on the beach, or when you want a 'play it safe' fragrance. Although it is wearable, it is a bit oridnary for me...I probably wouldn't repurchase this one once it is finished.

Princess by Vera Wang

I bought this for the pretty heart shaped bottle although I could live without the ring topper. The scent somewhat surprised me as I find it wearable. I thought it was going to be too girly or overly sweet but IMO it is not. Princess has a sweetness to it but it is mild. Although there is warm quality in the fragrance I find the notes to be a bit dull. There is a girly quality to it. It is wearable....just not for me. I won't repurchase this one but I will keep the bottle.

Bright Crystal by Versace

The huge crystal stopper that looks like a diamond and the pink liquid inside the bottle caught my eye...I just had to try it...and then I purchased a FB. The bottle is so adorable, and yes I am a sucker for perfume bottles as much as I am perfume =). I like this scent but I like the bottle even better. Bright Crystal is a lovely, uplifting fruity/ floral. The staying power is o.k. (2-3 hours) I wish it lasted longer. It is innofensive and just smells wonderful on my skin. Very feminine, girly scent that I would wear for any occasion. Bright Crystal is a keeper for me.

FCUK Her by French Connection

The only reason I purchased this fragrance was out of curiousity. I wondered what it smelled because of the name. When I look at the bottle, I find it heavy and plain and the name is somewhat offensive "Fcuk Her" (Your mind fills in and adjusts for misspelled words)....but back to the fragrance...I found a great deal on a 3.4 oz NIB (under $20.00 Free Shipping) on eBay. I am so glad I purchased it. I absoutely LOVE this scent even though I don't like the name at all. I think it is one of the best smelling fragrances I own. Very clean, very sexy, and very distinctive. Light but longlasting, seductive and sparkling. I choose this perfume quite often and with the price....you can't go wrong. Because of the W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L notes in this fragrance, there will always be a place for Fcuk Her in my wardrobe. I am always complemented on this fragrance when I wear it. I would give it more than 5 stars + based on the scent.

Noa by Cacharel

Noa is very subtle and hard to describe when you first spray it on. After Noa settles on my skin, it is a soft floral with a powdery base. Noa is sheer, fresh, and clean. It has a feminine quality to it, and it smells soooooooo good. IMO, Noa is elegant and posesses a unique quality that makes it special. The soft delicate scent of Noa has amazing sillage. Very light, crisp, and airy. I have received many compliments with Noa...It captivates the attention of others even when I can't smell it anymore....definately a fragrance worth trying.