Reviews by xXjEnNyXx

xXjEnNyXx's avatar
    xXjEnNyXx

Chance by Chanel

Chance is a nice fragrance that works well with my skin's chemistry. I would classify Chance as a sweet citrusy/ floral with little hints of wood and spice. It is powerful so a couple of squirts go a long way. I would say Chance is a fragrance I would choose if I wanted to play it safe, perfect for the office. Clean and sophisticated, very long lasting, and absolutely triggers my positive thinking. There is a energetic/ positive quality about Chance that keeps me going and lifts me up when I wear it. It is fresh, sparkling, vibrant, and light which makes Chance a perfect Summer/ Spring scent.

31st March, 2009 (Last Edited: 15 November, 2009)

Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani

When I smell Armani Code, I immediately think of Hypnotic Poison and Alien. IMO, they have many simalarities. I would classify this fragrance as a gourmand/ oriental fragrance. Hints of warm vanilla, orange blossom, and soothing honey. Sweet, but not overly sweet...warm and cozy but light, soft, and subtle at the same time. Very feminine and pretty. The bottle is absoutely gorgous...I probably would have bought it just for the bottle, so it is a plus that the juice inside smells nice. I like wearing Armani Code on special or romantic occasions...

30th March, 2009

J'Adore by Christian Dior

J'Adore is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and is one of my absolute favorites! I would classify this perfume as a clean smelling white floral. J'Adore lasts for hours and hours (On me it lasts more than 8 hours). It is classy, elegant, enchanting, and feminine. J'Adore is a high quality, high concentrated product, rather than a watered down fragrance. The scent is gorgeous! It is subtle, light, and airy but is still strong enough to turn heads when you walk by...what amazing sillage! I always get compliments when I wear J'Adore from both men and women. This fragrance can be worn day or night and is perfect for any occasion. I love everything about this fragrance...it is absoutely breathtaking!

30th March, 2009

Missoni Acqua by Missoni

An aquatic fruity/ floral. If you like fruity/ florals, it is a nice fresh summer scent. It is a clean melon note that is perfect for a day on the beach. When I first sprayed my sample of Missoni Acqua, I got a blast of watermelon, canteloupe, and bubble gum which lasted about 5 minutes. The dry down was much nicer with a light, some what sweet fruity/ floral scent. Very interesting and mellow on my skin. I like it, but not enough to purchase a full bottle.....maybe another sample.

Kelly Calèche by Hermès

Kelly Caleche smells just like a woman's handbag. When I first spray Kelly Caleche, I get strong earthy notes of what smells like mint and potting soil. The earthy scent lasts for about 5 minutes and then the leather notes start to pull through. Then it is a pure leather scent on my skin with powdery undertones. The florals do not stand out at all on me. Kelly Caleche smells exactly like the bottom of my purse, where the smells of powdered makeup and the leather of the handbag combine. A unisex scent that is worth a try if you like leathery scents. It is a classic, unique fragrance, but IMO, is very distinct and definately not for evertone.

28 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 02 August, 2009)

Rumeur (new) by Lanvin

The one perfume from Lanvin that I can honestly say is not a favorite is Rumeur. The scent feels very disbalanced and uncertain. On my skin it is very uneasy, the notes clash together and I can't detect any of the notes in this fragrance. It is heavy and plain. IMO Rumeur is not horrible, but it is definately not for me. I absoutely adore and admire Eclat D'Arpege from Lanvin, but I can't say the same for Rumeur.

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

I love gourmand scents but Pink Sugar passes the gourmand catergory and falls into the pure candy catergory. I can't stand overly sweet candy scents and Pink Sugar is no exception. I thought Brittany Speares Fantasy was too sweet, but Pink Sugar takes the cake of being tooooo sweet by a lanslide. It is soooo strong that it gave me a toothache and headache just by smelling it. It smells like pure cotton candy to my nose (I do not get a burnt smell or licorice smell at all). I can't wear this scent but I will keep the sample vial to sniff every time I am craving something sweet, I think it will do the trick to keep me away from eating sweets. I cringe when I smell Pink Sugar, it reminds me of the cotton candy machine at the fair. This is a pure cotton candy smelling scent that is strong, sweet, and overly agressive for my taste...Yuck!

Alien by Thierry Mugler

I prefer Alien over Angel any day!! I find Angel nauseating, so you might want to give Alien a try if Angel didn't work for you. Angel is very harsh while Alien is a warm, semi-sweet, floriental that is sexy and seductive. There is a mysterious quality to Alien that draws me in every time I wear it. This is one of my favorites and I reach for it on special occasions. When I first spray Alien, the notes are a bit strong and somewhat cloying, but within 2-4 minutes it quickly fades into a wonderful floriental that I can't get enough of. Alien lasts about 3 hours on me and then it wears close to the skin for another 3-4 hours. The main notes in Alien are jasmine with undertones of deep, warm woods and a little hint of amber. If I apply too much of Alien, it gives off a synthetic note that slowly fades away with time. Alien is beautiful when applied in small amounts. It's also very feminine and sensual.

When I think of Alien, I think of a sultry, beautiful woman standing by a wooden garden surrounded by jasmine flowers. As the wind blows, the scent of jasmine and deep woods linger in the air while she waits for her lover. The moonlight is glowing on her skin as he slowly approaches. The lovely scent surrounds her and it entices him. He is completely drawn to her....he gives her a passionate kiss, lifts her up and carries her away under the moonlight .......

IMO, this scent is very romantic... just lovely!

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I found Angel very nauseating every time I have tried it. I find it strong, harsh, and loud. When Angel is first sprayed, I smell an unbearable mix of camphor oil and vix vapor rub. YUCK!!!! Angel is very strong and bitter in the opening notes and then dries down to a bittery sweet, chocolate/ patchouli scent (the camphor oil smell still remains, it gets a little lighter because the chocolate/ honey notes that pull through). I appreciate the contrast between the top and base notes, but IMO it is way too strong and almost intolerable. The notes of patchouli are especially overwhelming as it hits you straight in the face and continues to pull through the other notes. Every time I have tried Angel, I ended up scrubbing it off (after I started feeling sick). It is so strong that Angel still remains on my skin after it is scrubbed off.

Angel causes me to have migraines, feelings of nausea, and sneezing. I would consider your surroundings when you wear Angel. It is sooooo strong, it has the ability to make someone sick to their stomach...especially me!!!!

The bottle is stunning but it stops there for me. There are so many other fragrances that smell wonderful on me and don't cause nausea and headaches, I am staying FAR, FAR away from Angel!!!! I think Alien is a better smelling scent, at least on me it is.

L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake

L'Eau D'Issey is a clean floral and it remids me alot of Nautica women (IMO, they smell very similar). It does not smell bad but it is an ordinary scent. Nothing special but some what wearable. I would say this is a non offensive choice if you want to play it safe when choosing a fragrance. It reminds me of the 90's when I used to wear Nautica, it is not my type of fragrance......

Notorious by Ralph Lauren

This scent has mixed personalities on me-sometimes it is a bit cloying and I do not care for it, but other times it smells great. I do reach for Notorious from time to time, but before I spray, I always wonder "how is it going to smell on me today?" The scent is very warm and bold and has a soft woodsy base to it. I do not smell any fruity or sweet notes in this one at all. It is a complex scent that is different from other perfumes on the market. I would say that this could even pass as a unisex scent. IMO, this is a woodsy/ floral that is somewhat grown up. Notorious is not your typical teen/ younger girls fragrance, I think it would suit an older, mature woman better.

06 March, 2009

Cheap and Chic I Love Love by Moschino

I love love C&C reminds me of D&G Light Blue. IMO, these scents are very similar almost exactly alike (I was asked on several occasions while wearing I love love, if I was wearing Light Blue). I really like both scents LB and I Love Love. It is a very clean/ citrus smelling scent. I find it very refreshing when I put it on. It's not overpowering and it is very light. This seems to wear off after 2-3 hours so I have to re-apply several times throught the day. I love love smells very similar to Light Blue IMO...I would rather buy I love love because it is much cheaper than Light Blue and the staying power power is about the same. It is a fresh, clean, citrus scent that smells really good.

25 February, 2009

Blush by Marc Jacobs

When I first tried blush I wasn't sure if I liked it. When I first spray Blush, I get a black licorice note (that is all I smell for the first 15 minutes). I don't hate the licorice note but I am glad that it develops into a slightly spicy floriental 15 minutes after application. That is where this fragrance made me return to purchase. Blush is soft, clean, and gentle with a sweet/ spicy contrast on my skin (the spicy contrast kinda smells like soft hints of cinnamon and cloves). It is absoutely lovely! A floriental with a creamy/ powdery drydown with a contrast of spice. This fragrance is simple and it works well with my chemistry. I only wear this on special occasions or when I am in the mood for something beautiful and gentle.

22 February, 2009

Cheap and Chic Hippy Fizz by Moschino

I like to wear Hippy Fizz when I am in the mood for a fresh lemony/ citrus scent. It has notes of citrus, greens, and light flowers which is not sharp or offensive. When Hippy Fizz is first sprayed I get a strong lemon note but it is not overpowering. The drydown becomes a soft citrus/ green floral note and it hugs close to the skin. It doesn't last all day and needs reapplication every couple of hours. This is not a sexy scent or a head turner, but I would say this scent fits its name--"hippy" because of the floral notes and "fizzy" because of the citrus notes. This is not a complicated scent at all, but it is a happy and energizing one that lifts my spirits when I wear it. The citrus/ lemon notes make this perfect for a summer scent (Light and fresh, it is not sticky at all). If you are looking for a fresh, clean, citrus fragrance, I would recommend Hippy Fizz.

21st February, 2009

Sui Dreams by Anna Sui

The bottle drew me in...I had to test this fragrance when I saw it. It is shaped like a purse with puffed frosted glass detail on the outside of the bottle and a detailed pewter handle for the strap. The blue juice is nested perfectly inside. I was plesantly surprised when I first sprayed Sui Dreams on my arm. I love this fragrance...a light sweetness of orange creamsicles. It is soft, mild, and innofensive. It is a floriental to my nose with notes of vanilla, sandalwood, tangerine, bergamot, peony, and bitter orange. It has a warmthness to it, and would be perfect and gentle when you want a subtle scent that is noticable but doesn't scream attention. This has worked for me in both colder and warmer weather. This is an innocent fragrance that is delicate and very feminine. I can't help but sniff my self and the little bit of sillage it gives off when I wear this. This is a keeper in my wardrobe...I would definately repurchase Sui Dreams. It is a lovely fragrance...

21st February, 2009

Ed Hardy Woman by Christian Audigier

I bought this fragrance because I liked the uniqueness of the "rebel" tatoo images that are on the sleeve of the bottle. The juice inside is completely different from thoes "rebel" images. The fragrance smells good to my nose but it does not match the "toughness" that the packaging represents. TAlthough it smells good, this scent to me is a bit juvenile and not my type of fragrance. When I first apply Ed Hardy, I get a fruity/ floral note (more fruity than floral.) This perfume smells exactly like watermelon jolly ranchers to me. My problem is that it doesn't have any longevity AT ALL. After 15 minutes the strength diminishes (on me, the only way I can smell it is to put my nose directly on my wrist and sniff my skin closely) and even doing that the scent is very faint...I will use this on occasion and keep the bottle for decoration after it is finished. The fragrance is alright, I would give it 2-3 stars (I would not re-purchase this one). On the other hand, the bottle would get 5+ stars...I Love, Love, Love the bottle!

Envy Me by Gucci

A crisp, clean, and fresh smelling perfume. It is a beautiful light scent that smells sooooo good. It is sexy and feminine but not sensual. Everytime I put it on, it reminds me of soft gentle breeze - What's not to like about this fragrance? It's flowery, slightly spicy, and fruity all rolled into one. Gucci Envy Me has an interesting, but sweet smell. The only down fall is that it does not last as long as I would like, I have to re-apply several times during the day. I wish it lasted longer because I love the way this fragrance smells.

V by Valentino

V is a gourmand scent to my nose. Upon initial application, I get a black licorice note tha reminds me of Deep Red by Hugo Boss (lasts about ten minutes.) After that, V becomes a warm woodsy vanilla scent on me. V kinda reminds me of Hypnotic Poison after the drydown, IMO there are some similarities between these two fragrances. I get a vanilla/ playdough note at times when I wear V and I also get that same note in Hypnotic Poison (IMO, the differences between the two are-V has a spiced vanilla note and Hypnotic poison has a regular vanilla note). I really like the combination of notes blended together in V. Every time I wear this, I am asked "what are you wearing" or "you smell good". V is a spicy, sexy, feminine fragrance that is very sensual...I reach for this one quite often.

Sui Love by Anna Sui

Let me start by saying that the bottle is adorable. I bought this fragrance because of the unique bottle. The scent is o.k. but it seems like there is something missing in the formulation. It smells kinda like a muted note of candy (like the candy neclaces you bite off the string that you find in the 50 cent machines in the grocery stores) even smells a little like pez candy. I really can't detect any particular note in this fragrance. The fragrance is plain and simple and somewhat bland. When I am choosing a fragrance to wear, this never makes the cut...but I love the way the bottle looks on dispaly. I don't hate the fragrance, I think it is very ordinary and just not me.

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

I received this as a gift. At first I did not like Daisy (There was something sweet and artificial about it that made me want to wash it off and I did). Because of the cute rubbered daisys that adorn the cap, I was persistant with trying this fragrance. I am glad that I gave it a chance to 'settle in my skin' without washing it off because I would have never found it's hidden beauty, the white floral notes. I actually appreciate and wear Daisy now because I like it. The first sprays are of artificial sweet fruit. I still do not like the artificial sweet notes in the opening, but I have learned to deal with it because the artificial sweetness of the fruitiness fade and a plesant white floral remains (about 20 minutes after the dry down). This is where it is at for me, the white florals are soft and beautiful which eventually mix with powdery undertones. Being that I am not too fond of the opening, I usually wear Daisy when I have time to wait before I leave my house...I wait until the sweetness leaves and the beautiful white florals kick in. I give thumbs up for the adorable bottle and for the middle and ending notes. The middle and ending notes have amazing longevity, about 6 hours or more on me...if I were just judging on the opening notes it would be thumbs down (I am very greatful that the opening only lasts 20 minutes or so).

14 February, 2009

Roxy by Roxy

This is a delicate feminine fragrance. This fragrance is fresh and light. In the beginning, all I smell is fruit (notes of peaches, berries, and citrus) and it is very sweet. Within minutes the drydown begins and the sweetness starts to subside. The floral notes of lilly and violet begin to pull through the fruity notes. I also detect notes of ylang ylang. I also get hints of musk with some amber when the base notes start to come in. The base notes work in harmony with the floral notes (middle notes) as they make this fragrance a beautiful floral scent. This would be a good scent for spring or summer.

11th February, 2009

True Star by Tommy Hilfiger

You'll either love it or hate it. I LOVE this scent! True Star's scent is subtle, feminine, fresh, and clean with a hint of sexy innocence. True Star is light (not strong or overpowering). It is hard to describe this fragrance as it is watery but not aquatic, sweet but not gourmand, powdery but not powder. It is light and fresh and has a unique make-up of complex notes that smell good. This can be worn anytime of the day and has amazing longevity on me. IMO, this fragrance is ageless and I would always have a bottle of TS in my collection. 5+ stars for me.

11th February, 2009

Incanto Bliss by Salvatore Ferragamo

I just received a tester of Bliss off of eBay and I am happy with my purchase. I am not sure if it launched yet but this is the newest addition to the incanto line. At the beginning (The first 5 minutes) I smell alcohol but that fades quickly. Once this settles on the skin I get notes of freesia, lily, and rose with little hints of musk (the lilly and freesia being the predominant of the floral notes). This is a soft floral fragrance to me that warms up a little with light wood notes. It is very pretty and delicate. This is a feminine "girly" floral. It is a light fragrance and it is not overpowering, I find that it wears close to the skin after 30 minutes or so. I do not find this fragrance sweet or fruity at all. It is definately a clean floral to my nose. If you like soft florals give this one a try.

09 February, 2009

Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture

I love the Juicy fragrance line (can't say the same for their clothes). Juicy is completly different from Viva La Juicy (I like them both). I love the etched glass bottle with the beauitful crystal stopper, and the charms/ neclace that decorate it. Juicy is primarly a floral fragrance with powdery undertones. There is also a presence of turbose, rose, watermelon, and citrus. The citrus and rose keep it very light and springy while the watermelon gives it a sweet kick. Juicy is a floral fragrance on me with a little hint of sweetness. This is a great perfume for summer or warm weather (In Florida where I live, it's almost summer year round). It is a stronger scent that last a good part of the day on me (About 4-5 hours) but it is not overpowering at all.

Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

I do not like overly sweet scents. This is a very sweet fragrance but it is not too sweet, it is a wearable sweet to me. When I first started using MDC, I wasn't sure if it worked for me. This fragrance grew on me! I love mixing MDC with other fragrances in my collection. This is a sexy scent great for a night out. I love wearing it.

Lauren Style by Ralph Lauren

When I first saw this perfume, the pink juice made me think that it had a powder base to it (It does not). LS is a clean/ fresh floral on me (I do not smell the fruit notes at all). It is very nice for the office/ daytime because it is not overpowering. This one seems to last an hour or two and then it wears close to the skin. It is a bit ordinary and simple, but it smells very good...It is perfect when you want to wear a light/ clean fragrance.

Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture

I do not care for the Juicy clothing line or their accessories but I like their fragrances. Viva La Juicy is a very well put together fragrance. It was a bit strong when I first applied it, but I sprayed myself all over (pratically bathed in it). That was a big mistake...I had a small headache because it was a bit cloying. I tried VLJ again with a few distant sprays and applied more as needed. What an interesting mixture of notes...hints of jasmine, amber, and sweet berries pulling through gourmands of vanilla, caramel, and praline...mmmmm. I do not smell the gardenia note at all. This fragrance is warm and rich and mixes well with my skin's chemistry. The packaging, bow, and jewerly attached to the bottle gives a special added touch. I don't think I would wear this in the day because it can be a bit heavy...I think it is better suited for an evening out.

31st January, 2009

In Black by J del Pozo

I own most of J del Pozo's scents and they are all unique...this is no exception! When In black is first sprayed, I get a spicy black licorice and black cherry note. Within 15 minutes or so from the initial application, a mysterious, sensual, darkness starts to emerge. I would classify this as a spicy oriental/ fruity/ floral...if that makes sence (It does NOT smell like pure fruit or flowers at all)! IMO, a male could probably pull this fragrance off because there are many mascueline notes of spices and smoky woods. I think I also smell hints of rose and patchouli throught the intensity of the other notes. Once this mellows out on my skin, it reminds me of flavored tobacco (smells kinda like a black-n-mild filled with lusch cherry tobacco). I only wear In Black when I feel daring enough to wear a unique bold scent. The complexity in In Black is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I admre that in a fragrance, even if I can't wear it every day!

30th January, 2009

Salvatore Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

In the beginning all I smell is pepper!!!! Pepper, pepper, pepper !!! The pepper smell lasts about ten minutes and then the green floral opens with the spiciness of wood and pepper. The green notes really pull through leaving a nice fresh scent (the green notes make this a very mild fragrance). I just love the way the notes change on my skin starting from the middle notes of pepper and florals, to the base notes of a woodsy/ spicy floral, to the top notes of a lovely green floral. The peony really stands out after 20-30 minutes and plays lovely with the Iris and the Rose (I personally do not like strong or harsh rose scents, the rose is very mild in this one). The florals finally pull through with the green leaves and a hint of musk leaving a beautiful clean floral scent. I cannot detect any almond notes in this even though it is listed above. I have had many compliments with this one. To me this is a sophisticated/ classy but very sexy fragrance....it's a keeper in my collection.

12 January, 2009

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin

This is a light fresh floral fragrance. The opening has a floral/ citrus scent but that (thankfully) doesn't last long. The citrus fades and floral notes remain. The floral notes are airy and soft and blend together nicely (reminds me of the soft smell of a flower garden after the rain). After 30 minutes or so, notes of peony and green tea stand out. The green tea is light and inoffensive (sometimes I can't detect it at all). Sometimes I can smell a faint peach note before the base notes kick in. This is my favorite part of this fragrance...It smells so nice when the amber, cedar, and musk pull through the light floral notes...It is a classy fragrance that I choose time and time again.

10th January, 2009