Reviews by xXjEnNyXx

xXjEnNyXx's avatar
    xXjEnNyXx

Romance by Ralph Lauren

It is a nice clean floral but it is an "oridinary" fragrance to me. Romance is a feminine fragrance but it is missing something...the notes stay the same and it is one demensional (at least on me). I wear it on occasion but it is not my first choice. It strong at first but doesn't last very long on my skin, about 20 minutes and then a very faint trail of the perfume remains. For me it's neutral because it's nice but nothing special.

07th January, 2009

Curve Kicks for Women by Liz Claiborne

This smells wonderful considering it is a cheeper fragrance. A mix of vanilla sandalwood, peony, and mandarian with ints of muguet stand out on my skin. A beautiful soft and sweet combination, I prefer Curve Kicks over Curve Chill (a sharp floral on my skin and to my nose). I would wear this day or night. It is not cloying or harsh just a soft, playful, flirty fragrance.

My Voyage by Nautica

This was a blind purchase for me. I saw this tester on eBay and bought it because it was $20 (with $1 shipping) for a 3.4 oz bottle, I figured that I would give it to my sister if I didn't like it. I am glad I bought this because it is a very clean and very fresh scent. The blue juice looks like the ocean and the bottle kinda looks like a boat. It is a light crisp aquatic/ floral on me. The notes I smell are bergamont, peony, citrus/ lime, and amber. It is light, soft, and so refreshing. My Voyage reminds me of a crisp sea breeze on a warm summer's day. It is very casual, this could be worn with jeans and a t-shirt or to the office. I love the versatility of the perfume, it is nice for every day wear. Nautica's My Voyage for Her is amazing.

Curve Chill for Women by Liz Claiborne

This one my not be bad on others, but it definately doesn't work for my skin. There other Curve scents that I like better (Curve Kicks and Curve Crush). All I smell is the green tea and wood notes, too sharp for my nose. I think the green tea and ginger gives a sharp cloying note that just grows sharper with time (smells like a bug spray). It does soften up after 35 minutes to a nicer floral fragrance, but I can't stand smelling 35 minutes of bug spray. It may work for others...just not me.

Cool Water Wave Woman by Davidoff

Very nice fragrance. On me when I first spray this, I smell a woodsy tobacco scent that lasts for about 15 minutes and has almost an earthy smell to it. With the initial sprays, I would say this fragrance could be unisex but then it settles into your skin becoming more feminine with nice floral notes. It is a clean, fresh, aquatic smell which is light and not overpowering. It does not smell fruity although I smell some watermellon in it (the florals stand out more). The notes I smell are freesia, peony, sandalwood, watermellon, and musk. There may even be a hint of amber in it? I think it is best suited for the day because it is not a sensual fragrance. The only down fall is the staying power doesn't last long, and it sits very close to the skin, but overall it's a nice scent.

03rd January, 2009

Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works

I love this fragrance...It is sexy, sensual, warm, and intriguing. On me it is a blend of luscious oriental/ woodsy florals. I can't get enough of this scent. The notes blend beautifully and it seems to last on me. It smells clean and is soft and light. The longevity stays consistent from beginning to end. It is spicy, exotic, and enchanting . I couldn't stop smelling my wrist after spraying this on myself...very interesting the way the middle and base notes come together...just lovely.

01st January, 2009

Mackie (new) by Bob Mackie

This perfume smells ok, it isn't a bad smell (it is wearable but it's just not my style). It is a warm woodsy scent with some sweetness. On me, I do not smell any of the fruit notes AT ALL. I recieved this as a Christmas gift and I am trying to sell it. If I can't sell it, I would wear this from time to time just to use it up. I would not repurchase this one. Who knows, maybe this on will grow on me if I continue to use it. As of now it is just a boring wearable fragrance, nothing special.

31st December, 2008

Incanto Dream by Salvatore Ferragamo

Although Incanto Dream is a fruity/ floral, it smells completly different from Incanto Charms. It is softer than Charms but still has a fresh and clean smelling scent. I smell apple, musk, and a little bit of pineapple mixed with some peony and freesia (I do not smell the mango in it at all). This scent also reminds me of spring/ summer time but could be worn year round with no problem. It is definately a feminine fragrance that is a bit flirty. Dream is the perfect name for this fragrance because al the notes blend well together and smell somewhat dreamy...it is crisp and fresh and smells sooooo good. It lasts a long time on me but it remains close to the skin. I love the Incanto line and I enjoy wearing all of them.

30th December, 2008

Incanto Charms by Salvatore Ferragamo

Very different from other scents...a floral/ fruity fragrance that smells clean and fresh. I think it is unique and find it invigorating. The beautiful scent lasts and stays the same on me all day. It is light and airy (not overpowering or heavy). The frutiness kinda reminds me of the summer months (perfect for warmer weather). I definately smell passion fruit and honeysuckle with hints of musk and maybe some jasmine? The notes blend together beautifully. It is sweet, but not candy sweet and has sparkling clean scent to it. I love this perfume and I get compliments everytime I wear it. To me, this is an amazing, special scent!

29th December, 2008

Incanto by Salvatore Ferragamo

Incanto is a warm woodsy floral with a hint of fruit on me. I has a plesant smell and is somewhat sensual. This fragrance has a blend of pepper, peaches, sweet exotic florals, woods, amber and musk. The amber and musk really stand out on me when I wear it. It is a nice fragrance that lasts a long time. I usually wear this to work but there is something exotic about it so it can be worn at night. This is another wonderful fragrance from Salvatore Ferragamo (Incanto and Subtil being my two favorites).

21st December, 2008

Dream Angels Desire by Victoria's Secret

Desire is the latest edition to the Dream Angels line. It is sensuously soft, creamy, and smooth with notes of pink peony, freesia, plum, and frangipani. It is fruity floral that is feminine. I find that it is a nice classy fragrance but still casual (it can be dressed up or down). I would describe it as soft, clean, and slightly powdery.

Top notes: white star magnolia, living white freesia, ivy leaves.
    Middle notes: frangipani, pink peony mist, yellow plum.
    Low notes: angelique wood, crystal musk, angora accord.

I prefer Desire and Divine in the Dream Angels line over Halo and Heavenly (I don't care for Halo and Heavenly).

Pear Glacé by Victoria's Secret

I love the scent of fresh icy pears, and this works for me most the time. It smells like crisp fruity pears but can be overwhelming at times especially if a lot is applied. The only problem I have with Victoria Secrets splashes is that they don't last (of course they are not perfume) and they can sometimes be too strong and somewhat sickening.

Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret

I was given the body splash Amber Romance as a gift. It smells warm and sensual but can sometimes be overpowering. I like this scent overall, but sometimes I can't stand to smell it. It smells like sweet lovely amber sometimes and it smells like cheap headachy generic spray other times. I give it neutral because it doesn't smell horrible every time I wear it, Amber Romance actually smells pleasant at times.

Cool Water Woman Frozen by Davidoff

The cool water I have is called "Freeze Me" not Frozen. Freeze Me is a limited edition fragrance that launched in April 2008. The bottle looks like an iceberg surrounded by water. According to what I have read it is a cool aquatic fragrance that features pineapple, mint, sea accord, violet, magnolia, lily of the valley, summer jasmine, sandalwood, iris, peach, amber, and musk. I can not detect the pineapple but I do smell a slight hint of mint and amber with flowers and musk. Freeze Me is sparkling, cooling, & alluring. The notes blend together perfectly for a clean, fresh, crisp scent. It is soft and light, perfect for daytime use. I also feel quite refreshed when I wear this. If you like aquatic clean scents, give this one a try.

Dream Angels Divine by Victoria's Secret

Divine is the perfect name for this fragrance....it is simply divine. It smells sexy and seductive but somewhat elegant. It is vibrant and light with notes of lotus flower and water lilly. This in my opinion, is one of the best smelling fragrances on the Dream Angels line, with the newest addition Desire being second. There is a warmthness that attracts me to this scent, there is something special about Divine that draws me to it.

Dream Angels Halo by Victoria's Secret

In my opinion, it is not an unbearable scent, I find it simple and boring. It smells like a light candy note, I do not smell any notes listed above, just sweet light candy. This doesn't last long on me at all and I much prefer Divine and Desire in the Dream Angels line.

DKNY Women by Donna Karan

This fragrance is quite unique as I have never smelled anything like this before. The actual smell of this perfume is very distinctive. From reading about this fragrance, the main scents in it are: Citrus, Orange, Tomato Leaf, Waterlilly, Green Coral Orchid, Vodka Tulip Tree, Daffodil, and White Birch. To me, it is a citrus fragrance (smells like lemons and oranges with a twist to me) with the twist coming from the tomato leaves. The tomato leaves mellow out the citrus but make an unusual addition to this fragrance (It doesn't smell like tomatoes at all, it kinda smells like lemon grass to me). I do not smell vodka at all in this one or any form of alcohol).

I didn't like DKNY at first because it was way too sharp for my taste, but after about 20-30 minutes the sharpness mellowed out to a nice clean, fresh and kinda sweet, somewhat feminine scent. This fragrance is not sexy or sensual. It is a clean zesty citrus scent that could very well be unisex. This is a nice fragrance that reminds me of Summer and seems suited for warm weather. I live in Florida, perfect Summer weather (hot and humid) almost year round, but personally I would not wear this everyday. I actually prefer this one at night (I think it's a little too strong for the day). It's not exactly subtle! Maybe that's just me? This lasts throught the night although you may want to refresh it, especially if you like the really fruity top notes. I quite like it once it has a chance to mellow out and the feminine qualities kick in.

Vintage Soul by Curve by Liz Claiborne

Some might say that this is unisex, but to me it smells more like a men's fragrance than a women's fragrance. This smell like men's cologn on me. When I first sprayed Vintage Soul, it smelled like pure pine which lasted for about 20-40 minutes (I felt like I was walking through a field of Christmas trees or if I had sprayed pine on myself). It has a strong patchouli base maybe that is why is smells like men's cologn? A hint of sweetness came after that and the sweetness mixed with the pine scent (not my type of perfume). At the very end, the pine faded and it smelled more feminine with hints of vanilla and citrusy fruits. It's not a bad scent but it does smell like it is better suited for a man thats why it is neutral for me.

18th December, 2008

Subtil by Salvatore Ferragamo

I loved Subtil as soon as I smelled it. The red twisted bottle is very attractive and elegant. This is a light feminine fragrance that smells like sweet flowers (It's not too flowery or too sweet, just the perfect amount). It is fresh but elegant, lushious, and luxirous. It is somewhant sexy and it has the strength to linger after the person that wears it has left (it's not an obnixious scent, it's a plesant scent that I enjoy smelling over and over). Lily of the valley and tulip with it`s fresh and bitter undertones soften this celebration of fruit and flowers. It dries down with a nice musk that still has the sweetness of jasmine in it. It lasts all day on me all but it is never too strong or overpowering. I grab this one regularly, Subtil definately is not a sleeper in my collection.

18th December, 2008

Burberry the Beat by Burberry

What a wonderful scent! When I first sprayed it, I smelled peppermint. Then it dried down to a warm, rich, lovely scent that had a hint of sweetness. The notes that stand out to me are musk and bergamot (i can not pinpoint what gives it the hint of sweetness). On me. "The Beat" remained consistent throught the day, there were no changes from the base, middle, or top notes.

It is playful but sophisticated and it smells like pure luxury. The bottle is unique and so is this scent. This is a scent can be worn everyday to the office or on a special occasion. I think that women of all ages could pull this one off, just as long as it mixes well with their chemistry. This is another great scent from Burberry.

17th December, 2008

Fantasy by Britney Spears

This bottle is really cute (pink bottle and rhinestones), but that is about it! This is WAY TOO sweet for me! It's like wearing pure candy (cotton candy to be exact). The bottle is elegant, but the scent is juvenile. It would be appropriate for preteens, but not grown women, then again, should I be surprised? I suppose the scent caters toward the Spears' followers, 12-17 year olds. I prefer Curious, which smells youthful and light, Fantasy smells like you just took a bath in sugar...yuck!

15th December, 2008

Curious by Britney Spears

Surprisingly, I like this scent. I really don't like buying celebrity endorsed perfumes, but I bought this one. This was sprayed on my arm at the mall and I really liked it. After sniffing for 20 minutes, I went back to the counter to find out what is was (shocked to find out it was Curious). It is a floral that has a crisp, clean, and fresh scent. It is light and not overpowering. Very pretty scent overall. The bottle was cute and I liked the scent so I bought it (I shocked myself). The only negative is that the staying power isn't very long, it lasts about an hour or two the most.

15th December, 2008

Nude by Bill Blass

At first I didn't like nude AT ALL!!!! I thought it was harsh, chemical, cheap, and very unfamiliar, but something about it enticed me and made me continue to sniff my arm after the dry down. I was persistent and kept trying it on different days (for a period of about a year). I continued to smell myself and kinda developed a love/ hate relationship with Nude. Now after several years of using it, I have to admit that I love this fragrance now. It is a one of a kind unique fragrance, that is very powerful when first sprayed (spray lightly, too much will overdo it). It is very chemical/ acryllic at the very beginning and dries down to a consistent note (I can't quite explain it) with a powedery undertone. It is a simple fragrance that is very complex at the same time. The notes remain consistent through out and it is long lasting and talk about amazing sillage. If you like the smell of patchouli, you might like this very much. It doesn't smell like patchouli, but it is one of those scents that is unique. Very clean. Not flowery. Not musky. Noy woodsy. Not aquatic. It does catch attention because everyone always asks what is that you are wearing, especially men! It's sometimes funny to tell them "Nude" because of their reaction from the name. It is unique, captivating, and seductive which is why I love it so......I would recommend that you sample this first before buying because it may not be for everyone (even though everyone else said I smelled good when I wore this, it took me several years to like it.)

14th December, 2008

DKNY Be Delicious by Donna Karan

I did not smell apples at all, on me it was more of a green floral fragrance. It is light but I don't really like the overpowering strength of the cucumber note in this one. Personally, the cucumber is a bit much in this one and the combination of notes isn't for me. It doesn't smell bad, some may think it smells nice. It is quite expensive (almost $50.00 for 1.7 oz bottle), so why does it remind me of an overpriced fruity/ green body splash? I also think that the round bottle and the sprayer on the top makes it a bit awkward to handle (it might be me because I have smaller hands?) I just don't know about this one...maybe if I keep using it, it the cucumber scent will grow on me? There is one problem though...it is lacking in the longevity department, it doesn't last very long on me (less than an hour) maybe I tried a bad bottle? or maybe it's just me? For now Be Delicious remains neutral in my book.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Coming from a females point of view...I love the way this smells, in the bottle and on a man's skin. It is a very popular fragrance, but that is because it smells soooo good (at least I think it does). For some reason I find this scent irresistible on a man, eventhough I don't know exactly what it is that makes it irresistable...maybe it's the way all of the notes blend beautifully together...It is clean and aquatic. I just love to smell it!

Haiku by Avon

My grandma wears this and I mean a lot of it!!! It is very strong and overpowering. It is too flowery and I get headaches when I am around her. I don't know if it is her chemistry or if she applies too much, but smelling it on her made me want to stay at least 10 feet away from this stuff. Yuck!!! Sorry 2 give the first negative but it makes me want to leave the room when I smell this. I don't like it (at least the way it smells on her) and I won't even attempt to try it on me.

Burberry London by Burberry

I love this fragrance. It smells very expensive and makes me feel like a million bucks. It is long lasting but not overpowering, and it is very light and feminine. This scent is fresh, subtle, and tasteful. The top notes contain rose and honeysuckle. There middle notes have peony and jasmine and the base notes have hints of sandalwood and musk. (I may have left a few notes out, but thoes are the notes I smell). When I first spray Burberry London (fabric edition), for some reason I sometimes smell traces of fruit (blackberry and grapes) but after the drydown (2-3 minutes) the combination of notes together is NOT fruity at all. It is definately a fabulous warm floral that is soft enough to wear to work, and sexy enough to wear out. This is not as sweet as other burberry fragrances and it is very elegant and sophisticated.

11th December, 2008

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

I can't tell what any of the notes are in this fragrance because they don't stand out. Red door is very strong and smells "old". I can't pin point what it is but it reminds me of old ladies playing bingo that wear excessive amounts of perfume. I also think of older church ladies when I smell this one. Too perfume-y with emphasis on the fume-y. Way too strong, the odor of the perfume is so strong that you can smell it for hours after someone leaves. Definitely not for someone who likes a soft, subtle scent. If you are looking for a bold scent, and don't mind smelling like an old lady, this might work. Personally, I don't like the way this one smells at all!!! Yuck!

11th December, 2008

360 Degrees for Women by Perry Ellis

I can't believe that this perfume has so many bad reviews. The first time I purchased Perry Ellis 360 was in 1995. I used to wear this in high school and I loved it (It is very powerful, so too much can cause a headache, but a light application smells very nice.) I've continued to use it but not as frequent as I did in highschool. I tend to like more complex fragrances now (I guess I grew out of this one.) I still wear it from time to time and get asked "What is that beautiful scent, you smell so good" or "What are you wearing and where can I get it?" I would describe the openning as a very strong metalic note but that fades quickly on me...then it is a plesant light fruity/ floral fragrance with a touch of musk & amber. I do not think it smells horrible at all, It actually smells pretty good on me but it's just not my style anymore.

08th December, 2008

White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor

I would give it 4 thumbs down if I could. I received this as a gift one year and WOW talk about strong. This stuff could probably knock out a small animal. This is one of the worst smelling perfumes I have smelled. It was so bad that I couldn't even re-gift it, my sister or my mom wouldn't take it. It doesn't smell good on anybody that I know that has worn this. It is strong, sharp, and overpowering. It smells cheap and inexpensive. WARNING: It's also an instant headache in a bottle (for me, one sniff and and instant headache and nausea symptoms begin.) If diamonds actually smelled like this fragrance, I wouldn't own any...I would probably have cubic zirconia. I like scents that make you smell good...This one does not, It really stinks...Awful in my opinion...It actually is quite sickening...When someone enters the room wearing this it makes me wonder what they are trying to cover up! Yuck.

08th December, 2008 (Last Edited: 15th November, 2009)