Reviews by xXjEnNyXx

xXjEnNyXx's avatar
    xXjEnNyXx

Sweet Honesty by Avon

I grew up as a young girl wearing this scent, it brings back wonderful memories. It is powdery clean scent with a hint of soft musk that reminds me of a baby's innocence. It smells alot like baby powder. It is perfect for a younger girl or teenager, but I think older women can wear it too. If you have sensitive skin or do not like overpowering strong perfumes, give this one a try. It is very soft and mild and smells soooooo clean. It is very affordable but unfortunately doesn't last very long. I personally don't wear this out of the house. I only use this fragrance after showering right before I go to sleep. It is very light and very claming (It relaxes me, guess you could say kinda like my aromatherapy). Every time I spray it, it brings out the little girl inside me. Sometimes you just want to go back into childhood, and this will definately take you there.

27 November, 2008

Midnight Poison by Christian Dior

I don't hate it, but don't completely like it either. At first it is very heavy and nauseating scent that made me want to scrub it off immediately. Unfortunately I was at the mall and couldn't. Eventually, the very strong smell of synthetic leather wore away and left a smell that kinda reminded me of Brittney Speares Midnight Fantasy (funny how both names have midnight in them). The color, the name, and even the juices bear an uncanny resemblance to each other - the plum-ey sweetness with florals and clean patchouli. Go smell them and you will know what I mean! I do not like to buy celebrity fragrances because of many different reasons. Maybe that's why I don't like this one, or maybe it is the horrific smell in the opening notes. The scent may be wearable for some but I don't think it is for me. I'm still not sure about this one.

Pure Poison by Christian Dior

This is HANDS DOWN one of my favorite perfumes. This scent to me smells like: A little bit of vanilla, jasime, sweet amber musk, orange, and more. It's complex but so simplistic and beautiful. People compliment me on it all the time. My sister said she found her new favorite scent after smelling it on me. It is so seductive, yet very sweet and innocent. It also wears well ALL DAY LONG. It can be worn in the day, but I recomend it for use at night. It's the perfect perfume. This fragrance has a mysterious sex appeal to it, and it is sensual and invigorating. Pure poison smells beautiful. That is the best way I can describe it. After trying Pure Poison, Hypnotic Poison, and Midnight Poison, I would say that Pure Poisn is my favorite but Hypnotic Poison is close behind. I can't say the same of Midnight Poison, that is one fragrance I couldn't wait to scrub off my arm. Pure poison very lady like and classy. A few light sprays is all you need, if you wear too much of it, it will lose it's appeal.

Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior

I should begin by saying that about a year ago, I could NOT stand this scent! But, I had only sniffed the spray nozzle and spritzed a piece of paper from the mall. No, no, no, no, no. That is not the way to smell this fragrance. Just recently, I felt like trying this out on my skin because of all the rave reviews and also smelling it on a friend. That compelled me to give it a whirl again, but this time I tried it on my skin. I misted my wrist from a good distance, and immediately it smelled beautiful, very alluring scent! Yup, it was the Hypnotic Poison that I had just sprayed. Wow, who knew? I let it sit for about 10 minutes, and sniffed my wrist. One words: HEAVEN. This is one captivating scent! It is a vanilla scent, but not your typical sugary sweet vanilla scent. It's not foody at all. Very mellow and deep. I think the bitter almond note tames the sweetness of the vanilla. If you spray too much, you might get a root beer and playdough scent from it, but if you mist it, and then wait, it should begin to work very well.

It's a bit pricey though. The 1.7 oz retails at $56 and the 3.4 oz is I believe about $78. It comes in an interesting red, apple shaped bottle with a black, rounded top. You can't really see how much fragrance you have left, so that's a slight downfall. Although I like heavy glass perfume bottles, this bottle truly suits the scent it holds.

Lasting power is AMAZING. This will last you all day and then some. I would go very, very, easy on the sprays. Too much will certainly ruin this fragrance and make you and others sick to their stomachs.

French Vanilla by Dana

I like hints of vanilla in perfumes, but I am not one to like straight vanilla scents, I can't stand vanilla fields or vanilla musk by coty, there is something about them that I just don't like. French Vanilla by Dana is quite different. I first tried this about 8 years ago (my mom bought it as a Christams gift). It wasn't a perfume, it was a splash (like the bath and body works splashes). I couldn't get enough of it. It had a definate vanilla note but there were other notes that worked beautifully with it. It lasted all day long and I really enjoyed it. I shocked myself because I never pictured myself liking a pure vanilla fragrannce. Nedless to say, I eventually ran out and couldn't find it anywhere. I came across the actual perfume a year or so later and was soooo excited that I purchased it, but found that it didn't smell exactly the same as the splash. I don't know what was different about it, but something definately was. It could have been the concentration? I'm not sure. The actual pefume is wearable but I would much prefer to wear the splash version. Too bad I haven't been able to find the splash version in 8 years, I would definately purchase it. The perfume I don't think I would buy again. I would recomend the perfume to a vanilla fragrance lover.

21st November, 2008

Very Sexy for Her by Victoria's Secret

I have used this fragrance for the past eight years, and I still love it. This is a very sexy feminine scent that is vibrant and sensuous. It is spicy and sweet at the same time. It is not too heavy and the scents blend together well. These feminine notes have a blend of pimento, clementine, cactus flower, camellia, hydrangea, mimosa, white amber, musk, vanilla, and blackberries. I get many compliments when I wear this fragrance and I feel very sexy and confident when I wear it. It is a romantic fragrance that will catch that special someone's attention. As long as they keep manifacturing it, I will keep using it. For some reason I can't get enough of this perfume. I can't say the same for Very sexy for her 2 (I don't like it at all).

20th November, 2008

Duende by J del Pozo

Another winner from Jesus Del Pozo. This is a refreshing, aquatic fragrance. This is a feminine scent that possesses a blend of notes that include mandarin, melons, bergamot, jasmine, and mimosa. I think it also has notes of ylang ylang. It is a beautiful floral scent that is accompanied by sandalwood and cedar. It is light, crisp, and clean smelling. It is very simple and is not overpowering. This is a scent that you wear when you want to smell good, but don't want people to notice your perfume before they notice you. This is definately a scent that can be worn to work, I wear it in the office all the time.

20th November, 2008

In White by J del Pozo

This is another winner by Jesus Del Pozo. The bottle is very beautiful and the scent is original and unique, like all of J Del Pozo's perfumes. This perfume is like a blast of flowers at first and then dries down to a feminine boquet of flowers with a very little hint of sweetness. I just love the way these notes blend together beautifully. Eyery time I wear In White it changes my mood, it is like having happiness in a bottle. Every time I smell this scent it makes me smile =). This perfume is not easy to find but is well worth a try if you do come across it.

19 November, 2008

Curve for Women by Liz Claiborne

On me, curve smells like a boquet of fresh cut flowers. It is very acquatic and fresh. It smells good on me and I feel like I am in a garden surrounded by beautiful flowers. I used to wear this perfume all the time and I loved it, but now I don't seem to like it as much. I don't know why because it is very wearable, but for some reason I seem to over look it when I'm choosing a fragrance to wear. There are other scents by Clairborne that are a little less floral and smell better on me like Vivid ( my favorite) and Curve Crush.

16 November, 2008

On Ella by J del Pozo

This scent is different from the usual scents I wear. First of all the bottle is beautiful, it looks like a green champaign bottle filled with potion. When I first sprayed it, the scent reminded me of a mixture of spices, burning wood, and chocolate. I wasn't quite sure if I liked it. After about 15 to 20 minutes, the burning wood smell faded it remained spicy and then became a sweet, sensual, floral fragrance with citrus undertones. This sent is very unusual as all other Jesus Del Pozo scents are, but that is what makes themt unique. I wouldn't wear this every day, but would use it for a romantic occasion. When I wear it I feel sexy and confident. It believe it is a sensual erotic fragrance.

14 November, 2008

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

I really like this scent. It is a very clean smelling scent,it kinda reminds me of lemony fresh laundry. I find it very refreshing when I put it on. I think it's a lot different than other perfumes in the sense that it's not overpowering. It is perfect for the office or everyday use. The only thing that i do not like about the EDT is the staying power. Then scent wears off too fast, I find myself re-applying throught the day. Other than that I would recommend this to anyone who prefers something that's light and classic.

13 November, 2008

Brit by Burberry

When I first spray this on me, it smells like pure rubbing alcohol, but after about 10 minutes the smell of alcohol fades and a sweet heavenly smell is left. Thankful that the heavenly scent is the one that lasts on me throught the day. I really don't care for sweet smelling perfumes that smell like candy. This perfume is not sweet like candy but more of a sweet scent of vanilla and almonds. It is sweet but is rich and warm at the same time. I don't know what it is but there is something about this perfume that I can't get enough of.

13 November, 2008

Vivid by Liz Claiborne

This is one of my favorite perfumes. All notes blend together and compliment eachother beautifully. It smells very good with my skins chemistry, when I wear it I can't help but sniff myself throught the day. It smells like a very light floral with amber and vanilla hints (at least on me it does). It has a very clean and fresh smell that has a slight sweetness to it. It also has staying power, on me it lasts from day to night without reapplying. I love this perfume and recomend to all who haven't tried it. It is not overpowering but is strong enough catch someone's attention. I always get compliments when I wear it from both men and women. To me it is romantic, enchanting, alluring, and femminine. Vivid is something special with a mysterious sex appeal that everyone admires. I can't believe it's discontinued, I'm glad I still have two bottles left =).

12 November, 2008