Reviews by Heslipsa

Heslipsa's avatar
    Heslipsa
    Brazil Brazil

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Fantastic fragrance, it completely deserves the best of the year title. Very strong at the beginning, remembers Burberry Britt, but the end is less sweet, more uniform. It has a bit of Declaration, but lasts longer, and also remembers, far away, Sables. Beginning is a bit stronger than I like, so I recommend wearing more than one hour before going out, unless you want to appear too much.

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Nice bottle, scent a mix of herbal, citrus and a dot of wood. Lasts a lot and also claims lots of attention.

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

If there were something about Chanel that was promptly recognizable, this would be it's discrete-without-being-annoying-sweetness-love-or-hate-me scent. At my first try I sincerely hated that smell, but now it's one of mu favourites. I guess Allure starts with something sweet like yellow mellons, a bit dry, a spot of citrus, very discrete, and something that remembers me white of egg. It vanishes less than half an hour. At the middle, the egg scent (not unpleasant) becomes more recognizable and at this point the perfume is yours. Nobody can feel the scent unless they come close. I tried wearing four or more sprays, but the firs notes last the same, and it became so too sweet that I had to wash. I agree with those who said it's nothing close to a sport scent.

Vetiver by Guerlain

Interesting fragrance, so calm, so fluid. Remembers an afternoon with warm breeze, chess and apple tea. Yes, I found it, it remembers my grandmother. Sincerely, it feels like something my grandma could use. Not bad, but nothing manly.

Sables by Annick Goutal

Soo strong! You have the vivid feel of being inside a bacon smoker where someone spilled sugar. Intriguing scent. You could wear that at a book reading or a cigar club, but wait till the first wave calms down.

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

One of the best scents I had tried. Sweet but not annoying, remmarkable, attractive. It´s a pitty it´s one of the most worn fragrances, so you can riskly smell like some other guy. But it completely worths.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Feels more sweet than citrously, a bit dry, remembers tangerines. Good to a warm day. I sweated a lot and it remained the same for at least 3 hours.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

Begins with an orange-peel-with-sugar scent. Nothing very acid like leaves or remarkable like aldehydes. The orange keeps a lot and becomes less sweet, but something adstringent remembers me AXE or anything i tried at the drugstore. Interesting but risky to me.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Nice scent, really remembers sea, or at least your gim pool. I found it could be more citrous. The middle remembers Drakkar Noir.

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

It smells first sweet and nothing acid, too different from other Hugo Bosses I tried, really neutral like apples. Too boring to me, I prefer XY. It has more personallity.

Very Irrésistible for Men by Givenchy

Good things: Very long lasting, mostly immutable scent, unique. You´ll never got invisible wearing this fragrance, even if you try it hard.
    As ever, it fits and smells better in some guys than in others. In me, it felt like too much like chocolat and peaches and soooooo sweet! For those who like smell like dessert things, go ahead!

14 November, 2008

Allure Homme by Chanel

First time I saw an Allure Homme' review I thought "oh God! My first Chanel, must try!". First time I put my hands on this fragrance, my hear beated so strong! Then I oppened the bottle, sweating handed, and worn... hold my breath for a moment and sniffed...!!?? There must had been something very wrong about my nose. Waited some minutes and did it again. No, definitely it´s not for me. It felt like raw eggs and some hotel soap. That´s a pitty, but I´m not done with Chanel yet!

14 November, 2008