Reviews by derango1

derango1's avatar
    derango1

Black by Kenneth Cole

I received a bottle of this free from my mother. I normally wouldn't buy anything like this. I agree with the other reviewers that it is very synthetic smelling. I really don't mind synthetic's all that much, but this is a bit over the top, I like the minty gingery opening. But the dry down was too much for me. It was a scrubber. But even after I scrubbed it, I could still smell it.

29th June, 2009

Guess Suede by Guess

I bought this as in impulse buy before I began to walk the dark path of scent addiction. I actually like this scent quite a bit. I don't get the mildew scent some of the other reviewers get nor do I get the comparison to Pi. It is a sweeter scent, but sexy and classy. I wear it for work mostly, but occasionally when out for a night on the town. I can't say any women have gone weak in the knees over it, but I've gotten compliments on it smelling nice. Which is about what I think of it. Is it synthetic? Sure. Does it smell good? Sure. Would I buy it again....probably.

16th December, 2008

Unbound for Men by Halston

Picked up a bottle of this from Amazon.com dirt cheap. Man oh man. I've got to agree with the previous reviewers that this is AdG done correctly. If you like that monstrosity, you'll absolutely love this. It seems to last forever and ever on my skin.

05th December, 2008

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

I really, really like this scent. Unfortunately, I only get around 2 hours or so before it seems to fade completely off my skin. This is very disappointing because the opening punches me in the nose, but the dry down smells great.

03rd December, 2008

Curve Crush for Men by Liz Claiborne

This is just garbage. The original Curve at least smells decent and women like it. Even women don't seem to like this garbage. Essentially, I can find not one thing redeeming about this scent. I regret this purchase. Perhaps that's why I've gone through 2 bottles of OS to 1/3rd bottle of this. Now I know better though.

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

My mother bought a bottle of this a couple of years ago for my 55 year old father.....I personally think it was a poor decision on her part, but whatever. I tried it one day. It's ok. Very clean, very fruity, a winning combination with the ladies. The scent stayed on my clothes even after washing them, so it's got some lasting power and can fill the room with it's scent. Overall, I'm neutral about it though. Maybe I'll revisit it someday.

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

I enjoyed my time with Curve, but yeah, there is nothing really redeeming enough for me to keep it in my wardrobe. Maybe if I find it basically for free it might make it's way back, since I like the scent, but not at full price. Still, I have to give it the thumbs up since it makes me perk up when I smell it and the same for women.

Cool Water by Davidoff

I enjoy the scent of this classic. I know with all the comparisons to GIT, which is going to be in my wardrobe soon enough, I cannot wait to put them side by side. As it stands though this fragrance, though very synthetic, never fails to lift my mood. It's sort of like Curve. Yeah, I know, I mentioned two of the most popular and over worn fragrances in history but it's true. In either case, I enjoy it and that's all that matters.

B*Men by Thierry Mugler

I think the Rhubarb Scent throws me off on the opening. I thoroughly enjoy it after the head notes pass. I really like the dry down on this, and it's not overly sweet.

Pi by Givenchy

I don't think this scent works for me. It smelly too sweet for my personal liking, too much vanilla. That being said, it seems to work fine with my body so it's not an issue of that, it's personal taste. However, I'll keep it around since I know a few women who enjoy this scent.

Jack Black Signature Silver Mark by Jack Black

I really like this scent, it reminds me of clean laundry for some reason. However, it seems to be really strong on me so I need less than my normal amount of sprays. 1 on the chest, 1 split between wrists, and just a slight squeeze behind the ears/neck. Other than that, incredibly pleased with it. Give it a try.

Hugo by Hugo Boss

This scent is ok. There's kind of an odd scent until 1 hour into it for me. I'm not sure what it is, but it's that odd scent that relegates this to a work only scent. Other than that, there really isn't anything special about this scent. It seems like many of the other mainstream ok for work scents everyone wears.

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

I really enjoy this scent. It's consistent and through it's consistency smells good. I do note a bit of syntheticness to it, but nothing too terrible. I was pleasantly suprised when I first wore it after the first few minutes passed. The opening didn't impress me, but it develops nicely.

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

I absolutely love this cologne. From start to finish it works perfectly with my body. Every woman I know loves the way this scent smells on me. Longevity on me is good, and I can smell the woods in it even the next day.

I only moved on from it because I wanted to try new things and as most people on here know, a scent habit is pricey. I may very well acquire more of it. The only bad thing I can say about this juice is that after it hits a year or so old, it starts to smell different in the top notes. Almost more chemical smelling.

14th November, 2008