Reviews by Algharb

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Whau! What a wonderful scent...!!! Different, mysterious, strong yet cosy, fresh'n warm, spicy'n sweet, not easy start but a tremendous wear on! TEN THUMBS UP!!!
12th December, 2008

V pour Homme by Valentino

I entirely agree with Joshaugustt: no lasting power at all... My skin fault? And plus: I don't understand this stuff, I weare it from time to time trying to understand and like it - no way! Oriental? Spicy? Vanilla? V? What? Don't know what to do with the amount left in the bottle...!!!:-/
04th December, 2008

Mémoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci

Interisting and kind of "intricated" fragrance. Owned a bottle 2 years ago and ware it with pleasure during Winter - only will not go for one more. Half thumb up...
01st December, 2008

Rochas Man by Rochas

2 or 3 years ago I bought it - impulse... sweet... A couple of sniffs later I offered it to a girlfriend that loved it and we both resumed that it was very nice for her but not "on" me! End of romance.
28th November, 2008

Very Irrésistible for Men by Givenchy

Not an easy one kind of fragance: I mean, it's not for everyone. It blends and intricates in my skin very chic way, yet it's a short lasting triky smell. For me it's kind of enigmatic - or I don't have the skill to understand it... Fortuntely it's not a bestseller;-))
23rd November, 2008

Agua Fresca by Adolfo Dominguez

Classic fresh Cologne, timeless and refined! Bought it in Sevilla one year ago by the advise in El Corte Inglés: I was searching for 1 MORE Lavanda besides one of my favourites: "Lavanda de Sevilla" and the woman came up with this one - I'm happy I followed her advise. Citrused, can't realy find the Lavender (?), but, hélas, smelling such a masterpiece who realy cares about the "déficit" in Lavender...!!!
23rd November, 2008

Eau de Cartier by Cartier

Class - in a classic timeless way! I wear it in special ocasions - feel it would be a waste if out of tune and not the apropriate situation... When? Try it and you'll figure out - if you can't - don't buy it! Also, it's out of leddys range: it's for mature men, to enjoy in a calm manner and never in rush! Always there waiting for me - I hope! One of the best fragrances available in Portugal.
21st November, 2008

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Complete disappointment... Guess I had "a momentary lapse of reason"...!!! Don't like the ending and thanks God it doesn't last long.

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

One of the best for me! Only fault: doesn't stick to my skin time enough - just a couple of idilic hours...!!! Very masculine, discrete, classy!!! An advantage for me: not a best seller, so, less people wearing it the more exclusive it is...!!!

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

It's a wonderful fragrance to wear in tune with orange blossom around during Spring - and in Algarve (south Portugal) we have acres and acres of orange trees!!! Yet, it conflicts a bit with my chemestry and I find it a bit uninteristing - lacks mistery... But, I take my hat and give an honnest compliment to Mr. Kurkdjian!

Boss Soul by Hugo Boss

Just bought it - realy don't remember why (?). Keep more then half bottle... makes me feel a bit sick.

Hugo Energise by Hugo Boss

Was offered an "After Shave" - curious about I bought the EdC. Notone of my favourits - use it sometimes during Summer.

Style In Play by Lacoste

Was offered last Summer - find it "pushy"... Definetely for younger people - can't complain about my 57 yo, and intend to stay cool and in tune with my white hairs - so I just wait to offer it to any younger friend.

Chic for Men by Carolina Herrera

Truly&subtle CHIC!!! For me, all CH scents are very good - this one is a keeper. Not an every day EdC - only when I'm in the mood for it. Thanks God people around are not so much "on this kind of EdC. So, every time I'm asked "nice stuff, what is it?" I answer "like it? So do I, but as I have so many I can't remember wich is this one..." Selfish;-) and 2tumbs up!!!

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy

Tells me nothing. Or, wearing it I hear nothing. Either I'm deaf or this EdC Blue is mute, or out the range of my sniff... Coming from Givenchy - a respectful neutral.

Café-Café Puro pour Homme by Cofinluxe

Strange. Kind of cheap.Was offered and tried - then putted aside. Just don't understand this cologne - is it so bad???

Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss

Found it - as far as I remember - kind of vulgar... Never bought a 2nd one.

Burberry for Men by Burberry

Inheritance - unfortunately when my Father passed away. Complete desilusion - and I'm so found of Lavander... but this EdC makes me sick.

X-Centric by Dunhill

Feel very fesh with it. Not a long lasting one, and a bit confusing towards the end... Will not by another bottle - yet, a nice EdC for Summer time.

Lavande Royale by Roger & Gallet

Is THIS something? Sorry, what? Can't figure out nothing... And I bought it blind (and left nose at home...) expecting to find some classic-old-good stuf...! Nonsense. Gonna give it to my mother-in-law (84yo)... expecting she already lost her nose !

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Hi, hello, everyone - all around the World - concerned with scents!

It's my 1st. post here - helas I would prefer a positive one BUT regarding TdH I just cannot! IMHO - and of corse in my skin - it starts confusing, it goes dirt and it ends up so strongly oriental/spicy that reminds me the heavy religious church ambiance of my childhood - and it sticks so heavy in my skin that is impossible to wear. Of corse I must state that I found a curious similarity between perfums and Port Wine: being good or not good is not the point. The point is ONE'S CHEMESTRY and there are superb Port Wines (those aged...) that I my stomach can't stand, on the other hand there are young PW that I love (LBV's and Vintages, or even Vintage Character's) SO similar things happen with scents...!!!
Sorry - can't stand Terre d'Hermès.

The Dreamer by Versace

This fragrance winned countless love nights for me... Women told me that it puts them in such a desire mood that it's dificult to resist... Only secret is to find the right small amount to use each time! And for me it's a bit dificult to stand the first hour - from then on, it's only a true heavenly pleasure! A good cuban (of corse!) cigar is the THING after Women - the environment: "Dreamer" by Versace! Keep always a portion - and NEVER to wear alone - it's for people in love, in the mood, and in the right Moon... to dream together! So, 4 (four) tumbs up!!!
17th November, 2008 (last edited: 21st November, 2008)

Pure Lavande by Azzaro

Since I remember myself I'm addicted to LAVANDER. I remember that always after bathing me my Granma splashing generously from my head (?) down and from a big green bottle with a cork/metal top "Lavanda de Ach. Brito" - a fresh/cozy lavander straight cologne made in OPorto - North Portugal. And it feel soooooo good. And nice, and clean and home... Gone, can't find it anymore.
So, please forgive those of you not in love with Lavander, but I think this reimpretation is fantastic (unfortunately for years not sold in Portugal/? and I have to go Spain nearby to have it). I like it from begining to end - fisrt fresh/intriguing and then goes ending down warm and longlasting, very rafinè, exquis. Naturaly, 2 tumbs up - the more I had the more I would put up;-)

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Sorry you A*Men lovers... for me it's a confusing, unwearable EdT.
So strong that I can't find the right amount to use - not use.
Althougt women fall for it on me - my inside also falls: ruins my liever, my stomach, my lungs...
The "oriental" spicy side turns on and on and me too...
With all respect for those who love it - I can't stand it, from begining to end.
Perhaps... could you - TM, I love your Cologne... - could you make it more wearable? Forget. It's my own chemestry, I'm sure.