Reviews

Reviews by pancks

Oranges and Lemons say the bells of St Clement's by Heeley

I'd agree with all that Off-Scenter says about this beautiful scent, except, thankfully, it has both very good sillage and lasting power on me. Personal chemistry? I don't know, but it definitely meets those two critical criteria for me. Love this stuff!
22nd July, 2010

Iris Ganache by Guerlain

I don't usually disagree with Ayala, but this is a big one! LOL We can't be smelling the same fragrance. It is a simply stunning, and I don't use that word often, fragrance! In my search through iris scents, there were lots of letdowns, sometimes just plain carroty awful and others left me asking is there really iris in this?

A few were very nice but so fleeting, Iris Oriental for example. I kept circling Iris Ganache and because of reviews like Ayala's I hadn't grabbed one yet, but I am oh so glad that I finally did! It grabbed me right back and hasn't let go!

This is the iris I had been searching for, dry and not a hint of carrot, not too powdery and even with the very gourmand ingredients not at all foody. And did I mention it lasts for hours? It is not only 'there' when I sniff my wrist but as I move I get wafts of iris and violet on a chocolate vanilla breeze. It makes my mouth water!

So elegant, I 'see' purple silk when I sniff it. Definitely one that you need to try for yourself.
20th July, 2010

parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Carnation by Comme des Garçons

I never sought out a carnation scent, but received a sample of Love Comes from Within and was stunned at how much I loved the carnation clove fragrance. I then began seeking the carnation scent I had begun dreaming of and thanks to basenoter reviews tried this gem! This is the fbw of the carnation kingdom for me, I find it incredibly uplifting and puts me in a very happy place. Thankfully, good but not overpowering sillage and lasts and lasts and lasts.
14th March, 2010 (last edited: 20th March, 2010)

Tsukimi by Annayaké

Mercy, but I love this! I've read that it compares to Feminite de Bois, but I like it MUCH better~ Soft, calming, sensuous it is a woody veil of amber and thankfully lasts forever on me. Beautiful sillage that wafts up hour after hour with fresh gentle kisses. Please, make it forever, Annayake.

Notes include some citrus, of which I get none. To me it is all amber and woods.
24th July, 2009 (last edited: 05th October, 2009)

Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie

I can't add much to the description of this gloriously beautiful scent. So I'll just say ditto and that I'm so glad I found it, may a bottle of it always be on my dresser.

Dark, deep, rose that shines in the night, love it!
11th December, 2008

Magnolia Romana by Eau d'Italie

If I hadn't tried Paestum Rose first and fallen for it, I might have appreciated Magnolia Romana more. But I did and I'm afraid I don't. It is a pleasant enough fragrance, but just is so very close to the skin and faded so fast that I was left longing for the punch that goes on forever with Paestum Rose.

25th November, 2008

Lentisque by 06130 Zéro Six Cent-Trente

Described as a 'voluptuous amber' in some reviews I was looking forward to trying Lentisque. Boy what a disappointment!

It isn't offensive, It was just so weak, Turkish Rose Absolute, Jasmine, Haitian Vetiver, amber, they are all friends of mine and I recognized none of them in the sample of Lentisque I tried.

Back to truly voluptuous ambers for me, Ambre Sultan, Ambre Precieux, Ambre Russe, now those are voluptuous!
22nd November, 2008