Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Reviews by SirWill

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa by Acqua di Parma

I bought this blind on a whim from a user and I really enjoy it. Zero longevity issues on my skin, this lasts a long time on me. A great masculine fragrance with class.
20th February, 2011

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

I tried this today and it started out pleasant enough, but 15 minutes later a note developed that I can only describe as cat piss.
15th March, 2010

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Horrible synthetic citrus and tobacco. It has been done before, and it has been done better! I can see the Jersey Shore guys drowning themselves in this stuff. No thanks.
15th March, 2010

Fluid Man by Iceberg

Smells cheap, very overpowering. I have had dollar store frags that were better than this.
28th July, 2009

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

So bad it is downright terrifying. I am usually one who can find a positive in the most awful of scents, I sometimes feel like I like too many fragrances I should not, I end up buying too many also. But even I can't find the slightest justification in this to say it even smells ok. This is an avoid at all costs for me, I can't imagine paying money to smell this bad.
11th July, 2009

Only The Brave by Diesel

I tried this several times to confirm that my initial impression was not a fluke, but every time I had the same result, Only the Brave dried down to a sweet and powdery mess. They will probably sell a ton of these just because of the bottle, but I would recommend you pass on this one.
20th June, 2009

Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler

Slightly minty, but had no longevity or staying power on my skin. I think I would have been better off trying to use mouthwash as a fragrance, it would have lasted longer.
20th June, 2009

Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren

Not a very strong smelling scent and does not last long at all. That could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I bought this blind and was so upset with the power of the scent and lack of longevity that I thought I got a bad bottle. I ran out to find a tester in the store and apparently they are all bad bottles. There are many better choices out there.
23rd February, 2009

Love and Luck for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

I just tried this on and have mixed feelings about it. I can't comment on the notes as I don't know exactly what they are. At first it smells like an average boring scent, perhaps with citrus notes. After a while it reminded me of a tamer, weaker version of Dirty English for men. Not a whole lot of longevity to the scent.
20th December, 2008

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

An hour after application it reminded me of a "head shop" I visit to purchase cds and records from. I was glad to see someone else made a similar connection on here with the Chinese store reference. I really like the clean scent and it is not quite what I expected when reading the Prada tag on the label. Gets a thumbs up from me but I should state that I don't have anything in my collection that smells similar to this.
20th December, 2008