Reviews

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

Reminds me of Kenzo Amour - less gourmand, more floral
07th April, 2015

La Petite Robe Noire 2012 by Guerlain

A work friend is wearing this today... smells like Redskins.

Candy-like, very sweet and youthful but lacking character...
01st April, 2015

Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This scent reminds me of Agent Provocatuer in its smoky, musky, slightly dirty rose.

POAL is more refined and more sophisticated, shines a little brighter and is softer around the edges. If these two were related, AP would be the evil twin.

The berry top notes give the scent a dewy innocence, taken over by a mysterious incense, and finished with a musky woodiness.

Ropion has portrayed women of all ages in a bottle which manages to be both youthful and mature at the same time.

The top notes don't last for more than an hour on my skin (wimpers), I guess this is like childhood; short and sweet.

A very enjoyable fragrance all round and hopefully will one day find a place on my dresser :)

06th June, 2012

Oud Wood by Tom Ford

I love this juice. Rich, warm and heavy. As a women, perhaps a little too masculine on it's own, so I've layered it with SL Daim Blond. This combo is my 'special occasion' scent and it's hard to resist applying more regularly.

Oud Wood is deep, dark, smokey and sexy. I find the soft sweetness of Daim Blond adds a different dimension and is easier to wear that way. On its own I feel a little too 'naughty' - when layered, good girl with a 'naughty secret'.
19th May, 2012

Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma

Beautiful, soft and calming. Will be wearing this scent this Spring :)

Got mine, full bottle 100ml, for $3 at Vinnies (a charitable organisation selling 2nd hand goods)!!!

05th October, 2011

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

My favourite scent For Him :)

Super, super, super sexy!

Two thumbs way up x
18th January, 2011

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, of Perfume, was on a pursuit to capture the most intoxicating scent he'd ever experienced. Did Roucel also follow this same notion when he created MR?
Splendid, truly extra-ordinary!
15th February, 2010

Essence by Narciso Rodriguez

Does anyone get a fizzy orange drink smell - cracked warm from an aluminium can, immediately after spritzing.....?

Hmmmm... yes i'm sure that's what i smell for a brief few seconds.... call me, or my nose, weird!

It's very clean and powdery, soft scent - as mentioned above. And definately a Sunday choice. Quiet and relaxed.

A fine creation.
12th October, 2009

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Reminds me of Christmas. Smoky, open, roaring fires, wood, insence, herbs, pine needles (maybe a whole Christmas tree....? and a pudding ! )
Warm and spicy yet mellow and sweet.
Fantastic scent, amoungst my fav of the line. Definately unisex. Work of a genius
15th July, 2009

À la Nuit by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Beautiful and simple, charming and very feminine. Innocent, and pure. Love it!
15th July, 2009

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

The first 20 min. I get jasmine, and mudcakes, shoved into black rubber balloon.
Very unique. I couldn't keep my wrist from my nose.

Once it settles i get a more 'smokin' wood and vanilla' but i can still smell that black balloon lingering...

Highly enjoyable and 'fun' but not an everyday scent.
01st July, 2009

Chloé Narcisse by Chloé

I haven't smelt the fragrance but i adore the body lotion.

When applied its so light and watery. I didn't find it overpowering and cloying at all, but rather subtle. The jasmine danced pleasantly on my skin.

25th June, 2009

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

New to this - first post
Tasty! are my first thoughts. Very strong vanilla notes from top to base. Smokey and powdery and slightly floral. I bought this frag online before trying - as soon as i tried it i fell in love! Quite unique, a very warm and comforting scent. I gave myself a spray before sleep. I felt like i was floating in ice cream clouds... - warning -overuse and you'll smell of Christmas pudding and rum butter. Best uses, cool summer days or warm summer nights IMO. Great sillage and longlivety(5-8hours), decent price, keen to get Flower/Oriental next!
02nd December, 2008