Reviews by leopoldo

leopoldo's avatar
    leopoldo

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

I like this a lot. It's gentle rubbery-vanillary, like the plastic layer on a baby's nappy changer or something, sprinkled with talc. It's mild, soft and therefore perfect for wearing with pjs on a grey Sunday when you can't get your arse in gear to do anything but lounge around and snuggle.

Arabie by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

This is glorious. It's probably the scent that I think about the most and am drawn to sniff the most. This winter, it's on my scarf so that I can have regular hits of it. I can understand how the richness can be off-putting to some, but for me its entirely absorbing. It's Christmas at its most decadent and expensive - a blockbuster of a fragrance.

Amber & Lavender by Jo Malone

This is simple, clean and pretty damn male to my nose. I like it a lot, but it's best with other scents - try it with Pomegranate Noir to poke through the haziness this scent has.

Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Probably the most comforting fragrance I own. Unique doughy delightfulness. It's not fragrant-like, but it does lure you in.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

One of the few fragrances I detest with a passion - burnt sugar, headache inducing, putrid sickly sweetness with a hint of decayed animal flesh. But I guess I'm a woody type first and foremost. I can see how well it's put together but it's definitely NFM

03 December, 2005