Reviews by charger

Black by Bulgari

Like others here, after reading the "rubber, burnt tires, tar" etc. I had to try it. And it doesn't disapoint. Who would have thought that a scent of tires would make a great cologne. There are other things in there too though, smoky wood, vanilla and spice. I don't get the unisex title, this is a straight up many scent for sure.
12th January, 2009

Booster by Lacoste

Picked this up at a discount store for under $15, and for that price it couldn't be beat. I like the light, sporty scent. the mint and eucalyptus come through and give you a little burst of energy. This is perfect for summer, especially a quick spray before hitting the gym. It fades fast though, but at the price for a pretty big bottle, it's easy enough to spray a couple times a day.
05th January, 2009

Guerlain Homme Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

Citrus, vanilla, spice and some musk right out of the bottle. On the skin I get a warm ocean breeze smell, orange and spice. It doesn't last long, but this is a great lightweight scent.

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

I really like the cinnamon, clove and spice notes when first sprayed on. As it dries more of the leather, musk and wood come through. Hours later I am left with a warm leather and spicy aroma. This is a really great scent and lasts quite a long time.

Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

I can really smell the pepper and a little leather, but also leaves a clean freshly scrubbed scent too. Got compliments on this one too, everyone can't quite place what the scents are but said it smelled great.

Polo Explorer by Ralph Lauren

I really enjoy this scent. On my skin, it started with almost a menthol/fruit/pine aroma, really smells clean yet myserious at the same time. dry down settles into a woody slightly spiced scent. After about four hours the scent is all but gone though.
15th December, 2008

Tokyo by Kenzo

Starts with a mellow burst of ginger and citrus, but the top note doesn't last too long. Mellows into a cedar and spicy aroma. It smells nice and somewhat Christmasy, so I take this as a perfect time of year to wear it. Only gripe is it needs a few more sprays through the day to stay lively.
15th December, 2008

Banana Republic Classic Limited Edition by Banana Republic

This is marketed as unisex, but it smells too feminine for me. On my wife it smells great though, clean and light. I like it on her and she enjoys wearing it.

Slate by Banana Republic

Starts out bright and fresh with some citrus, pepper and spice. As it dries it changes to a woody dry smell that smells kind of generic. It's truly great for the first hour of wearing though.

New West for Him by Aramis

I fondly remember this from my early college days. This aroma always reminded me of the beach. Crisp, spicy and watery, they really should bring this back in all it's original glory.

Boss Pure by Hugo Boss

This one is right in the middle, not bad but sort of boring. Fresh when you first put it on, but doesn't last and dries into a baby powder sort of smell.

Versace pour Homme by Versace

Living in southern California, the weather is hot far more than it's cool so clean citrus/water scents work best at least for me). This one smells like a crisp spring morning. fresh cut grass, lemon, and the beach. Again the only problem with the citrus scents is they don't last.

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Spraying this on a tester strip, it smelled awesome. Big spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, leather etc. But on my skin, it was not good, not good at all. Smelled like a pungeant musty kitchen. As it dried it was no better. Too bad though as I really wanted to like it.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This one starts out great with a fresh citrus blast, very cool and zesty smelling. But the dry down wasn't good on my skin, turned to a baby powder aroma.

Essential by Lacoste

The best clean, summer scent I've ever tried. My skin can make certain scents smell really funky, but Essential leaves me smelling sparkling clean and refreshed. My only complaint is it fades too quickly, but after the gym it does seem to recharge itself. I plan on buying a second smaller bottle for a quick midday spray. This will be my go to daily scent for a long time.

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

This is a long time favorite. Scent combines perfect notes to give it some mystery without being over powering. A light scent that is actually long lasting is hard to find, but this one has it.

Black by Kenneth Cole

The citrus and ginger really grabbed me as soon as I sprayed it on. After an hour or so, it settles down into a warm, musky scent. I enjoy this one and it lasts quite a while too.

Tuscany / Etruscan by Aramis

Top is a little citrus with some spice and lasts quite a while. As it dries the wood, leather and different light spices emerge. Maculine and long lasting.

Swiss Army by Swiss Army

Slightly sweet with some wood and spice up top, dries down to a clean faint scent. Inexpensive, smells good, my wife likes it. Only con is it doesn't seem to last.

Hugo by Hugo Boss

All sorts of fresh scents in the top note including citrus, pine, grass and ocean. As it dries the spice, wood and other deeper aromas get your attention and really last.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

Probably one of the first decent scents I ever owned, I'm talking high school days here. My girlfriedn (now wife) loved it and still does to this day, though I have grown out of it. Still a nice scent though. the lemony top note lasts for quite a while, then the dry down lasts even longer. Too many guys overused it though.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Seriously, who hasn't owned this at one time or another. It has been very popular, and for good reason, it plain smells good. Nice citrus, marine scent that lasts a long while.

Aramis by Aramis

Long lasting, old school masculin scent. It's been around long enough that it smells familiar to others, but they'll still have to ask what you're wearing. Sure, my dad still wears it, but I like it too.