Reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

cleopatrasboudoir's avatar
    cleopatrasboudoir

Eau Vive by Carven

The vintage fragrance is way better than the version made after 1995. The original is a crisp citrus fragrance with notes of lemon, geranium, sandalwood and patchouli.I have read that as a marketing ploy, it was allowed to be sampled on all Air France flights.And that it was the first edt not derived from a parfum.If you want it I have it.

31st May, 2009

Chevalier d'Orsay by D'Orsay

I have a sealed bottle of vintage 1930s Chevalier by D'Orsay, but I can smell the fragrance at the top of the neck, I think it smells absolutely divine. For me it is a powdery, floriental with amber & leather scent. I can definitey smell the spiciness of incense, nutmeg and carnation. I dont get the citrusy smells, probably because it is the old formulation and not the reorchestrated version. The juice has turned into a very dark brown, almost sepia toned.

19 December, 2008

Trophee by D'Orsay

I have a vintage 1930s bottle of Trophee by D'Orsay, it is still sealed with its cord but the scent itself escapes and I smell a chypre, powdry, lightly floral scented, quite beautiful in its composition.

19 December, 2008