Reviews by aphexacid

Sycomore (new) by Chanel

2 bottles of this i have used up since the 75ML was launched. Why don't i learn my lesson and buy the 200ML? Buy 10 of the 200ML??

The one of the most intoxicating perfumes i've ever smelled. I makes my eyes roll into the back of my head! The sweet woodiness, with that dry airy vetiver.....It takes me somewhere!

Longevity is excellent! Projection is average, it will not kill people!

I need a 55 gallon drum of this please!
08th March, 2015

À la Rose by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Beautiful, zesty, sparkling rose. I bought it immediately. I was then disappointed with its longevity, but will deal with it because its so refreshing.
08th March, 2015

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Terrible. This smells like a doughy honey. Thats it. Where is the tobacco? No where.
Nausea inducing. I don't know why someone would want to smell like this.

Do yourself a favor and sample this somehow before you consider buying it. DO NOT blind buy based on the glowing reviews.
06th May, 2013

Méharées by L'Erbolario

Similar to the dry down of Musc Rav. Longevity is not great, and projection is bad. This has no character at all.
20th April, 2013 (last edited: 08th March, 2015)

Philosykos by Diptyque

I love it for about 1 hour. In this time in smells
Like a beautiful and authentic bunch of fig leaves.

Then after that, it smells exactly like Ferragamo. Which I hate. Obnoxiously sweet that gets me right in the back of the throat.

Longevity is terrible, 4 hours tops. The projection is not good at all either.

Not worth the money at all. Too bad, the opening is amazing.
16th March, 2013

Scent Intense by Costume National

I still can't figure out which way to go on this one. I really wasn't expecting this to smell like it did based on the reviews i saw. I blind bought it a long time ago.

It smelled almost identical in most ways to Versace Man. Which happens to be one of my favorites in the designer category.

However, the opening has much more of a boozy blast. And then calms down into jasmine ambery vibe.

I can't get into it as much as Versace Man. Versace just has some more components that make it a little more complex and interesting. Versace also has a nice tobacco note that takes away a bit of the sometimes cloying sweetness in the composition of Scent Intense.

Scent Intense is an EDP, so the projection isn't great. Versace Man has excellent projection.

Scent Intense has pretty decent longevity, around 8 hours or so. But compared to Versace Man, which is actually better in that department, and is an EDT!

Overall, if you like the overall idea or direction of this type scent, you'd be doing yourself a disservice to choose Scent Intense over Versace Man. VM smells almost the same, is more interesting, long lasting and will get its scent into the noses of more people around you. AND its cheaper!
10th March, 2013

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

This is the most VILE and repulsive thing i've ever smelled.

Have you ever smell egg yolk on a plate thats been sitting around for a while? Or even worse, an egg yolk outdoors.

It smells like that, mixed with a dirty wet dog and metallic blood.

I bought a sample because it just sounded too crazy not to smell. At a night out, I and my friends popped it open and we each put a dab on. It smelled exactly the same on everyone. I thought i was going to vomit. Gag reflex kicks in within 6 inches of it.

My poor fiance was the one that administered this rancid liquid on our friends, and ended up spilling a little on herself.

Terrible, terrible stuff. Don't even bother wasting a even a few dollars on a sample unless your just HAVE to know what it smells like. But a coffee instead.
10th February, 2013

Eau de Cartier : Essence de Bois by Cartier

Men, please do NOT wear this. I don't care that this is labeled as unisex. You will smell like a woman. You will not be edgy or cool, or avante garde. You will simply smell like a woman.

Women, this is a great scent. Its very powdery and almost hypnotizing. This is the type of scent i would want a woman to wear in the bedroom, in a sexy negligee...

Neutral only because its aggravating its listed as unisex. If it was purely listed as womens, it woman be a thumbs up.
21st December, 2012

Versace l'Homme by Versace

Not my favorite of the old powerhouses. Its very typical of that era, and generic.
17th December, 2012 (last edited: 08th March, 2015)

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

This is my first review, and i must say its not easy coming up with intersting things to say about what you smell in different scents.

My girlfriend has been wearing NR for women for about 4 years now, and i absolutely love it on her. its a very pleasant, and almost intoxicating perfume.

While looking for a new cologne to purchase for my self recently, i saw that NR makes it for men, i ordered blindly based of the fragrance notes description. Im in love with it. it smells exactly as described. It actually smells a lot like the female version, but is definitely for men. i dont know what else to say about it, if you think you might like a scent based on the fragrance notes description, get it!

For me, it lasts a long time, hours. i love it, i love it!

13th December, 2008