Reviews

Reviews by dynastyd95

Ed Hardy Man by Christian Audigier

This smells like Pi or Pi Neo. Way too sweet for my liking.
26th May, 2009

M by Mariah Carey

Burnt marshmallow and permanent markers
18th May, 2009

DKNY Men (New) by Donna Karan

A fresh and spicy smelling scent. It seems like there is a note in it that reminds me of bulgari aqua, except I like it better than aqua. This is one of the most masculine colognes I've ever smelled. I love it.

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

I really like this one. I know it's not that unique, but it's good for what it is. It's warm, masculine, and elegant.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Huge headache inducer. Just smells like some cleaning product. Gross.

Guess by Marciano for Men by Guess

Kinda goes on like vicks vapor rub, which basically turned me off from the beginning. After a while it kinda reminded me of Gucci pour homme 2, but not as good.
15th May, 2009

Touch for Men by Burberry

This stuff is awful! It has a sharp smell of chemicals, almost like the cleaner you use to clean up vomit.
15th May, 2009

Unbound for Men by Halston

I guess I'm breaking the trend of all positives reviews. This is a tricky one. It's almost pleasant, but it's not. The melon, tomato leaf and pepper together is almost stomach turning, and it smells rather cheap. I guess it's not bad for the money, but I am not fond of it.
12th May, 2009

Burberry the Beat for Men by Burberry

To me it smells almost identical to Versace Man Eau Fraiche. The Beat is a little more spicy/green. I like Versace better.

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

I disagree that it smells like Burberry London. London to me smells very sweet like black licorice and tobacco leaves whereas Attitude has a spicy/smokey mocha smell to it. Nevertheless, I LOVE Attitude. Thumbs Up!

Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren

I love Double Black. It smells so classy. Woods, Coffee with some fruit blended perfectly. Longevity is about average. Good for colder weather and would work for formal wear.

Voyage by Nautica

This is a great scent for hot weather. Very clean and inoffensive. It isn't sharp or sour like most aquatics, but rather clean and fruity. The melon dominates the fragrance. Two thumbs up.
04th April, 2009 (last edited: 16th May, 2009)

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

I don't know what it is, but I just don't like this scent. I felt like it would be right up my alley, but its just annoying. It gives me a headache, I think it may be the cucumber note. Its like spicy cucumber or something. I'll pass.

Ralph by Ralph Lauren

I find it very hard to believe that anything could think this smells bad. I understand that it may not be for everyone, but it is so inoffensive. It may not be that unique, but I believe that Ralph does it better than every light fruity floral out there. LOVE IT.

Guess Suede by Guess

It smells like a slightly moldy version of Polo Double Black. I just don't think I like suede in colognes. It has some weird cloth smell. I mean its not terrible, but not for me.
13th March, 2009

212 Sexy Men by Carolina Herrera

If you smell it faintly, you may think it smells fresh, but with a closer smell it is TERRIBLE. This is one of the only colognes that actually makes me feel like I could throw up. It has this weird spice note that I can't even describe. Maybe its the green pepper and ginger. Why would you put green pepper and ginger and a 'fresh' frag? The worst part about this is that it lasts for weeks. HUGE thumbs down.
13th March, 2009

Carlos Santana for Men by Carlos Santana

I wanted so bad to like this, but I don't. When I read about it, it was built up to be this amazing scent, but it was just way too sweet for me. To me it's cloying sugary sweet, not warm sweet. I can understand people liking this... it isn't terrible, just not for me.
13th March, 2009 (last edited: 16th May, 2009)

True Star Men by Tommy Hilfiger

This is one of the most unique smelling colognes. Its hard to describe. The initial blast is a blend of licorice and some boozy accord kind of like a pleasant/ light whiskey with some aquatic and citrus mixed in. It is pretty linear but it does dry down to a more warm scent as the vanilla and saffron kind of takes over. There's also something about this that reminds me of the smell of a a clean leather jacket. Overall, I love it. I just wish it had better silage and longevity. Thumbs up
23rd February, 2009

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

I can't make my mind up on this fragrance. When I first sprayed it I was convinced I didn't like it. There was a weird 'rubberish' note that really turned me off. However as I gave it some time I noticed that I couldn't stop sniffing it. It certainly does do a great job of capturing a deep sea presence and I don't see this one as synthetic at all. Smells natural and has very good longevity. I just don't know if I'm feelin the saltiness/seawead thing on my skin. It also very much reminded me of Tommy Bahama set sail St. Barts. I wouldn't spend the money on it but I would wear it if I had it.
20th February, 2009

Lacoste pour Homme by Lacoste

I had high hopes for this because of the notes listed. However, not only am I dissapointed, this might be one of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled. From the moment I sprayed it on my wrist and smelled it and I hated it and I still do as i'm sitting here hours later. It is a synthetic nightmare and a huge headache inducer. Smells like some vanilla wafer dipped in bubble gum scented bubble bath. Not for me.
20th February, 2009

Pi by Givenchy

I don't understand the list of the notes provided. I just smell vanilla extract from beginning to end. It isn't a bad smell, but its certainly isn't something I would like to wear. Too sweet and feminine.
12th February, 2009

Polo Explorer by Ralph Lauren

Here are the notes for Polo Explorer...
South African Mandarin, Sicilian Bergamot, Spicy Coriander, Leather, Cuban Mahogany, Australian Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli

I am very impressed by this cologne.. It has a lot of depth and doesn't smell synthetic. It starts with a sweet orange smell with aquatic accords. Its dry down is better. All of the notes are prominent and they compliment each other very well. This is a very masculine fresh woody cologne that has just the perfect amount of sweetness without giving you a headache. I highly recommend it!
11th February, 2009

Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren

This is definitely the best out of the Ralph Lauren Cool, Hott, Rocks and Wild. The other ones seem to lack depth where this one has very much depth. All of the notes are present. It smells sweet without being sickingly sweet. Also the sillage and longevity on this is VERY good. It is pretty strong so don't overspray it. My girlfriend wears it and I love it. Great scent.
09th February, 2009

Curve Wave for Men by Liz Claiborne

Its isn't bad... its too light to be offensive. Its very synthetic and one dimensional, but it is good enough to wear once in a while.
08th February, 2009

Fancy by Jessica Simpson

When I first smelled this perfume I thought of a mix of bubble gum and cotton candy. But for some strange reason it seemed to remind me of when I used to go camping when I was little. And then it hit me... OFF SPRAY! Now if I smell it thats all I can smell is off spray. To sum it up, this perfume is disgusting (unless you like cotton candy covered in off spray.

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

It has a pleasent smell... Kind of like an orange creamsicle with a base of tobacco. I just don't think it is very masculine... It almost smells unisex. Not my type, but a good scent.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

This smells like the cakes they put in urinals in public restrooms sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

Why in the world would anybody want to have this sprayed on their body? It smells like that Old Great Aunt of yours that is very annoying and wears tacky jewelery and way too much makeup and always grabs your face and tells you how much you've grown up and all you want to do is go home and watch your favorite T.V show and eat ice cream. I smelled it once and I must have touched my nose to the sprayer because the smell followed me ALL DAY! It probably lasts on the skin for about 8 days.

Love and Luck for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

I like the smell, however, it smells almost exactly like Sean John's Unforgivable. Even though I do like Unforgivable, this one gets a neutral rating because its nothing new.
19th December, 2008

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

I'm shocked by all the negative reviews. This is my favorite cologne out right now. It is such a versatile fragrance and can be worn anytime. A nice blend of citrus/aquatic scent but also very masculine. By girlfriend absolutely loves it also. GREAT buy.
19th December, 2008