Reviews

Reviews by OctoberAmy

Lovestruck by Vera Wang

This is just lovely. Very well blended and smooth. I don't find it significantly different from Princess, though. I have Princess already and it's one of my favorites, so I probably won't buy this because it's so similar. (I have the sample.)
10th August, 2012 (last edited: 12th August, 2012)

Harajuku Lovers - Music by Gwen Stefani

Doesn't work for me, too sweet, like those chewy sweetarts.
01st December, 2009

Escada Moon Sparkle by Escada

My friend and I found a sample of this under our seats at the Opera. I was excited to try it as I had seen it in department stores.
Ugh!! She said "smells like Walgreens" and we ran to the bathroom to wash it off. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Some kind of fruity, sugary sweet.
24th November, 2009

Dream Angels Heavenly by Victoria's Secret

I love the mist, but it only lasts about 10 minutes, I agree it would be nice to spray at bedtime.
I tried the edP hoping it might last longer, but it smelled like pure caramel, totally different scent altogether.
So I passed on it.
24th November, 2009 (last edited: 01st December, 2009)

Brit by Burberry

I love all three phases. The Tonka bean and vanilla in the drydown make me think of my lovely Shalimar, but the pears and almonds and lime lighten it up. I could wear this all year and any time of day, but I can't do Shalimar in the daytime or the summer. I bought the edT but after reading the reviews I might have to sample the edP next.
24th November, 2009 (last edited: 30th November, 2009)

Harajuku Lovers - G by Gwen Stefani

I love it! I couldn't pass it up for my upcoming spring vacation to Florida. Such a refreshing clean coco-nutty scent, with floral too. It seems to last quite awhile too. And these bottles are so cute, too bad you're paying mostly for the bottle because there's not much juice inside.
11th March, 2009

Pretty by Elizabeth Arden

Very pretty, aptly named. Very light though, don't think I would buy it since you can't smell it after a few minutes.
Beautiful bottle, I might buy it just to look at that every day. There are times, I guess, when you want to spritz on something
with abandon, enjoy it, and then not worry about offending somebody at work.
03rd March, 2009

Harajuku Lovers - Baby by Gwen Stefani

I like it very much. Yes it smells like baby powder. But for me there's more to it than that. Just a relaxing pleasant scent that doesn't wrinkle my nose. I like to breathe deeply with my wrist near my nose. When I was a teenager I recall something called Love's Baby Soft, it is similar to that in my memory.
24th January, 2009

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

Wow. Love it. I can spritz it on and slather on the cream with no fear. Smells wonderful. It's not your typical floral, maybe it's the Strawberry and Grapefruit and Violet (who knew violets had a smell?). It will probably be the first and only bottle of perfume that I completely use up.
24th January, 2009

B Spot by Benefit

My husband came with me one night to sniff all the perfumes at Macys. He didn't care for the ones I had. He left no perfume unsniffed..even went to every cosmetic counter and tried the ones from EA, EL and so on. This is the only one he kind of liked. I thought it was nice and unoffensive, just a demure floral. I'll probably get some.
08th January, 2009

Love and Luck for Women by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

I tried it at the store but didn't buy, it was a bit too fruity for me, but not unpleasant if you like that.
The bottle is gorgeous and unique

Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder

I enjoy this one. It's just a comforting mellow scent that reminds me of baking, or of a nice candle (not the overwhelming kind.)
And what a pretty bottle. Tried the other Pleasures, but Pleasures original and Exotic were too sweet and flowery.
Not likely to offend anybody at work, or on a Saturday when you just want to enjoy the smell while you run your errands.

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

I love it. It is one perfume I can wear with no fear of overdoing it. (Daisy is the other). I can slather on the cream and squirt
a few squirts with no fear of offending anybody, or myself. It's sweet, soft, fruity but sophisticated; not teenager-ey.
What is "toffee apple"? Is that like a caramel apple? Or is it the bright shiny red candy kind?
And the apple bottle is too adorable. I broke the little silver leaf lifting it out of the gift box, and had to glue it, be careful.

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

I tried to like this one, the bottle is pretty, and I heard it was like Lovely, which I also wanted to like.
But they smell overwhelmingly strong to me, like bugspray. I don't know which component is giving
that bitter smell, I feel there are other notes that are nice, but I had to return it to the store. Glad Sephora
gave me my money back.

Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden

It's nice and fresh, perhaps a little on the too-sweet side, but doesn't last so that's not a problem.
Not likely to be offensive to anybody in the office.

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

I like it. Very fresh, like lemon juice when you first put it on. But quickly mellows to a floral-fresh smell that makes me think of the ocean (or maybe that's my brain remembering the marketing pictures). Unlikely to offend anybody. I'm not in love with it, but it's very nice.

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

This one smells like bugspray on me. Even on paper it has a stinging bitter smell that I don't like.
I have thrown it away and dug it back out of the trash twice just because the bottle looks so pretty
on my shelf...and I keep hoping one day I will like it. I must have liked it when I bought it.....
After it's been on long enough it is subtle and pleasant but I can't stand it that long.
19th December, 2008 (last edited: 06th January, 2009)