Reviews by leogeee

Reveal Men by Calvin Klein

Someone came to work wearing Reveal for men. My head went up and my immediate reaction was "You smell good. What are you wearing?" It was sweet but not sickening like candy. More of a vanilla, caramel with a touch of powder. Very natural and pleasant. It was positive for sure. And it is not mine so I'm not over analyzing. Just my initial reaction.
21st May, 2015

Ocean by Bath and Body Works

A co-worker has it and I gave it a sniff. This is your typical "blue water- marine" scent. "Ya can smell 'em coming a mile away". Very chemical. There are so many other choices out there.
20th August, 2014

Fujiyama Gentleman by Succès de Paris

This was a blind buy at Marshalls for $9.99. The line was long so I had plenty of time to read reviews. I bought it because the reviewers compared it to such frags as Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka, Casual Friday, Joop, le Male. I like all of those so I waited in line and spent the $10. It is very pleasant, sweet, but not a suffocating cloud. I get the anise & powdery elements yet very natural, not chemical. I'm surprised I hadn't discovered it before now. Definitely worth what I paid. I would have paid a lot more had I discovered it elsewhere.
08th March, 2014

Avant Garde by Lanvin

It's hard to put into words what makes this so appealing. It is definitely not feminine, yet it has a softness about it (meaning not chemical or harsh). The tobacco and cedar are there but as a basenote. Maybe it's the cardamom and beeswsax that give it that hint of sweet-spice. I definitely like it and use it everyday.
18th February, 2013

Lanvin L'Homme Sport by Lanvin

Lanvin L'Homme Sport opens with the freshest lemon but soon gradiates to the patchouli, moss and musk; however, the lemon never leaves completely so it remains refreshing and never dark. The "sport" is a result of it's endorsement from tennis great Rafael Nadal. Do not be mislead by the "blue" and "sport" as Lanvin L'Homme Sport is not another aquatic, marine scent. It is a unique creation, pure and refreshing and destined to be a Lanvin classic. I highly recommend this one.
06th November, 2011 (last edited: 14th November, 2011)

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Everybody has their summer fragrance. A variety of citrus notes. I work in a hotel type setting and I can tell when the Acqua de Gio's come out of the elevator, Cool Waters, Burberrys, Eau de Cologne Imperiales and Eau Savages. They all smell good, a fresh morning is in the works. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme is no different. Grapefruit is the top note. The secret is to not place it on your wrist where other chemicals will foul it up, ie. hand sanitizer, lotion, soaps. Spray it where it touches nothing but skin and you will be pleased. Luca Turin (The Guide) was overly and dramatically cruel. It is as pleasant as any other citrus scent.
20th October, 2011

Sex Appeal for Men by Jovan

Having read these reviews I was curious. I happened to be in Wal-Mart and the floor attendant opend the perfume case for me. I sprayed some of this "stuff" into the air and gently sniffed. a. I thought I would have to pull over to the side of the road on the way home as I could not get shed of this crap. b. I am a perfume snob. It's official. It's like being invited to a "wine snob's home" for dinner and handing them bottle of Thunderbird as a gift. Buyer beware.
12th October, 2011

Blue Sugar by Aquolina

"Nothin says lovin like somethin from the oven", according to the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Well, this scent is unique, which is good. I get many compliments. Carmelised sugar is the top note, for sure. Nice to have on hand.
30th August, 2011

Baume Du Doge by Eau d'Italie

I remember little cedar log cabins we kept incense cones in. That's what I smell like right now. (8 hours after applying). I can't say it's bad. It is what it says it would be. What was I thinking? If that appeals to you, I can assure you, it has staying power.
12th January, 2011

Sentiment for Men by Escada

Well, I was in Marshall's and the bottle was there, uncovered and ready for a sniff. From the bottle it smelled intriquing. Then I sprayed the air and walked into it. It was a "fruity Joop" experience at first, then the lingering synthetics wouldn't leave me alone.
05th October, 2009

4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser by 4711

My mother was born in Holland in 1925 and her mother in 1901 and her mother in 1875 and they all used 4711. It was customary to place a little on your "hankerchief". At any rate, it has been a worldwide staple since 1792. It truly is refreshing. I remember buying Imperiale by Guerlain and Eau Savage by Christian Dior and paying premium prices for each. (They are so similar to 4711) I don't know who said 4711 was overpriced but they're shopping in the wrong places. 4711 is available in nearly every discount perfume shop and at a very resaonable price.
01st October, 2009

Exceptional Because You Are for Men by Exceptional

I received a sample from when my Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin arrived. This is a very synthetic citrus blend destined for Marshalls--it's been done to death. An Acqua Di Gio wannebe. Skip it.
30th August, 2009

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

This has all the elements I prefer-anise/licorice, powder and woodsy (My daily and favorite is Arpege pour homme by Lanvin). Loilita Lempicka Au Masculin is stronger than I expected. A little goes a long way. Too much is not appropriate for the workplace. Dry down is nice. (reminds me of Jean Paul Gaulthier) It is very long lasting. Arpege has that hint of Tangerine and is somewhat lighter but Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is a nice alternative and in the same family.
29th August, 2009

Tomorrow for Him by Avon

I get warm woodsy notes and hints of cherry.
It's nice to have this as an alternative to my usual Arpege pour homme and Ultraviolet Man which are more reflective of orange and vanilla/ powder. Probably Avon's best.

Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin

This is my personal favorite, appropriate for everyday use and special occasions. Tangerine/orange notes with a vague hint of powder come through. I get compliments all the time. It is fresh. It is anything but overpowering and "old-lady-ish".

Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne

This is a bit more citrus than my first choice, Arpege pour homme. It's a pleasant scent. If you want just a hint (as if for work), spray the air and walk into it. It works.