Reviews by marioslg

marioslg's avatar
    marioslg
    Cyprus Cyprus

Baldessarini Ambré by Baldessarini

A nice sweet scent preferably for the evening.
    Lasts long and the smell is not so common. It has something from D&G one but this is better and sweeter.
    You can easily recognise the whisky accords that give masculinity to the scent.

Baldessarini Del Mar by Baldessarini

Indeed I didn't expect so bad comments for this scent.
    It is an all weather masculine spicy fresh perfume tha last for hours.
    On me lasts about 6-7 hours and I find it very pleasant. Generally the Baldessarini perfumes are very nice.
    This smells like the Chrome from Azzaro but with some pepper. For me this is better although Chrome is very commercial.

Baldessarini by Baldessarini

A nice male perfume that is aimed for more adult audience. Not so sweet as the Ambre, not so peppery as the Del Mar.
    I would say that is a citrucy perfume and although not an eau de toilette, it lasts!
    I would say that Baldessarini three perfumes are covering all the tastes and are better that the Hugo Boss perfumes.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

Definetely for the winter, this strong male perfume is not for very young people especially like the one of it's reklama.
    nice but strange, masculine, but not one of may favourities.

17th April, 2009

Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne

very distinctive and nice perfume. draws compliments and you can't stop smelling it.
    it is really a nice job and very durable.

12th April, 2009

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

For someone that wants a softer flowery perfume, this is one of the best.
    The orange blossom is so clear and obvious in this perfume that makes you think oranges and only oranges.
    It remindes me a spring day in a mediterrenean island full of orange tree blossoms.
    It's something else I would say, but not recommended for ages above 30 to 35.
    Provided that you know in which category this perfume belongs, It is very nice and sweet!

30th March, 2009

Moschino Friends Men by Moschino

Nice lemony-grapefruitty perfume with a lot of masculanity. The sparkling citrus give this perfume something difference from the other citrucy perfumes.
    Draws comliments and in any way, a good male perfume.

30th March, 2009

Silver Black / Onyx by Azzaro

It's a really nice smell but it needs time to develope it's best. Starting with fruity notes that reminds me polo black and mango and then after 2 hours, it settles down to a very distinctive masculine note that lasts for hours. As time goes by, the better it gets. I put it on my skin yesterday at 18:30 and now is 09:50 in the morning and it still smells in a way that no other perfume lasts so long giving you a fantastic scent that you can't stop smelling.
    A very good job by Francoise Caron privided that you will give to the perfume the time it needs to get out it's best.
    Yogether with Egoiste Platinum and Rive guache pour homme, it will be my classic although I was relactant to by it right away from the begining as it gave me a note from Polo black which I bored it very quicly.
    Recommended for ages of 30-45.

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

Athough fun of Ralph Laren perfumes, I find this perfume very avarage. It has something good but if you leave it on you for some hours, the scent is somehow boring and you will get tired. The mango is too much for me and I realize that I don't like mangos in the perfumes although I like to eat them. The journie of this perfume in other words, leads nowhere good of a price. I judge a perfume not from their top notes but from the base notes as these lasts longer.

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren

It's good for winter times. Gives confidence, lasts long, is interesting, you will not get bored and it's deserve to give it a try.
    I recommend these for ages of 30-45. Good job, all time classic perfume.

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

one of the best female perfumes in production for young ladies.
    once you smell it on the appropriate skin, you can't stop asking for it.
    it is so clean, so femini, so nice that you will love it for life. Smell like sweet flowers, powder but in any way, a very nice female perfume!

22nd March, 2009 (Last Edited: 18th April, 2009)

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

It remindes me the old 70s-80s style perfumes but should be consider modern. This perfume makes a travel, from citrus-lime smell once you put it on your skin to a more creamy-bitter orange-tone.
    It is light and especially appopriate for summer. It has a tone and it reminds me "Attika", a very cheap cologne sold in Cyprus for only EUR 2 per 300 ml but is not "Attika", it's Thierry Mugler.
    A rather stranger perfume for our days and if you ask me, a must for someone who wants a full collection or perfumes.
    My wife says that is more a female perfume rather that a masculine male perfume. I agree that is not the masculine perfume but in any case, not a female perfume.
    It's maybe for very taff men who want a slight decrease in their mascularity.
    I beleive that someone need some time to get used to the smell. Will give it a try and will see!

06th March, 2009

Dunhill Black by Dunhill

I was wondering was is the strange thing in this perfume and I find out that was the slightly bitter nettle. After some hours the perfume calms down and the jasmine comes up.
    It is generally a very nice male perfume, masculine and comlex but definitely a dunhill perfume.
    It has something from all other dunhill male perfumes and in my opinion is the best or among the best.

13th February, 2009

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

It's a pure male perfume but for ages of 35 and up.
    Indeed it reminds the old barber shop but in a way that makes you feel young of age but wise as an old guy. It gives you confidence and the commets are always good. Jaques merged the new era with the past decades and the result is beyond fantastic.
    It is durable but I would say that is better for the evening (summer or winter), not for the day light of summer and it's a perfume that you must put on your skin in order to get the better of it (after 1 hour). It takes some time but this is the best thing in this perfume. It shows you something good write away from the beginnig and as long as you have it on your skin, it gets better without make you bored the smell.
    Give it a try and do not just a book by it's cover or by the first page.

04th January, 2009

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

Now we are talking for "the king of the kings".
    No other perfume got so many compliments as platinum did. No other perfume is considered to be "the best male perfume ever". No other perfume so old is still one of the best sellers worldwide of it's kind.
    It's creater Jacques Polge had a helping hand from gods. It's a woody attractive perfume in a way that you say to your self once you smell this "let me smell again and again and again" and finally if you put it on your skin, you get in love with your self. No doubt this perfume is a classic, modern, attactive, durable, masculine and the rest of the world.
    Provided that it will match with the skin of the person who wears it (and this is not easy), it's a dinamide of smells....and in combination with a good look, no woman can pass it just like this.
    Cheers to Jacques Polge one again.

04th January, 2009