Reviews by tale

Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder

I could imagine the combination of some of the notes that are in there would make a beautiful fragrance. But in this one is way overcharged. The worst thing is that it is sugar coated with an unbelievably thick "coat" of fruity sugarneass... it makes it hard trying to detect any of the other notes. And the caramel really throws it over the top for me so that my stomach starts complaining as well.
    to make it short: sweet, powdery and sweet ....and sweet!

Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Bahiana, Virgin Island Water and Bronze Goddess ....in my opinion: No! they are NOT alike! (Note: I have all three of them right here)
    There are a few similarities between VIW and BG but I prefer VIW, it is more interesting and unique. BG seems kind of coarse to me in a certain way. BG has more of the sand and salty ocean while VIW smells more like a summer cocktail (not a sweet one though) with the rum and coconut. I find that the coconut is far better blended and situated int VIW than BG.
    But now about Bahiana... To me this is the most exotic/tropical and vacation-like of those three. A light cocktail of exotic citric fruit, creamy coconut with a detaining herbal base that reminds me a little of a rainforest.
    A real masterpiece as far as the tropical fragrances for women go. I never really understood how it could be unisex?!? I haven't smelled it on a guy, when I wanted my brother to splash it on he very clearly refused to wear a "girl fragrance" (he actually thought I was playing a joke on him) ...I cannot blame him. I think it is way too sweet and fruity for it to be masculine.

Beautiful Love by Estée Lauder

Two scents I absolutely dislike combined in one fragrance! rotten tuberose and soap... great!
    At first the tuberose in the top notes smell okay but the fade within seconds, then the soapyness is even more dominating and headache-causing... after a while you additionally get the tuberose in the base that smell very cloying, uhh... (just thinking about it)
    But even if I try to ignore my personal taste I don't think any tuberose-lover would appreciate it since it is actually quite flat and synthetic like a cheap, heavy floral fragrance. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Jicky by Guerlain

A definite no go for me...
    At first I smell a lot of lavender which is ok but not exactly a scent I want to smell on me, later it starts to get very cloying and way too flowery. It's for sure a scent that you either love or hate or maybe it depends on the skin as well.

23 January, 2009

Cashmere for Women by Cristiano Fissore

It actually smells quite nice. The descriptions don't promise too much: It does smell like a freshly bought and expencive cashmere sweater, very warm and cozy not to forget very light and subtle.
    A very fine composition regarding the price though I must say it would have to be something a little more special and exciting causing me to run and buy the bottle.

GapBody Coconut Tuberose by Gap

Do not buy this because of the coconut! All I could smell was tuberose and not good ones!
    There are flowers that smell nice but there are those that smell bad, musty/moldy, weirdly dominant and powdery.
    Seriously, where are the coconuts? ...maybe they appear after some time but I really do not feel tempted to give it try thinking about having to wear rotten flowers for that long.

Burberry the Beat by Burberry

It does smell a little soapy in the bedinning but after the fruits and light flowers start so appear it turn into a very nice well rounded fragrance. Definitely classy with the musk but not too heavy or powdery and still youthful and feminine.

Emporio Armani Diamonds by Giorgio Armani

Very dry, rather herbal than sweet. In fact I don't find it sweet at all but quite unisex.
    It is a matter of personal taste I guess. I really miss the sparkle though. Considering the whole presentation I would have expected it to be a little more vivid.

Beach by Norma Kamali

In my opinion it does not smell like "beach". For that it is missing the sunny notes and brightness.
    So maybe they meant a beach up north: dewy, beautiful but way too cold to go for a swim.
    Freshly showered or alpine water with a hint of green would have been more accurate descriptions.

Coeur de Vahiné by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I have never really gotten along with fragrances that make you smell like a fruit bonbon. This is one of them.
    Topped by the heavy vanilla and cream it amost makes my stomach hurt a little. It is also clearly noticable that is is a chaper fragrance meaning that the party is over only after a few minutes.
    Maybe for a 13 year old but nothing for me.

Ligea "La Sirena" by Carthusia

...not a bad smell but it is not something you would want to wear on yourself.
    It is very easily to discribe: It smells EXACTLY like that stuff you put in you closet to keep the moths off them. Accordingly it reminds me of the smell that jumps at you when opening grandma's closet or the one of an old wool swater.
    I definitely cannot imagine anyone would want to wear this on their skin ...but then again if you are scared of moths it might be a good investment!

Royal Delight by Creed

I have not yet smelled it on a male. I only wore it myself and find it too masculine and too heavy.
    I really don't recomend it for any younger women ...not very sexy.
    Nevertheless I do like the scent from the bottle, I think it might be quite nice on a more mature woman or a guy.

Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier

I have never smelt a perfume that disgusting!
    I am sorry to be that negative and I am usually not that sensitive with fragrances but after smelling this on me I had to run to wash it away and still felt sick afterwards.
    It smells like a mix between baby powder and cream and very very dominant flours... oh yes there was citrus too and probably a thousand other things that did not make it any better. I agree with the fact that it smelled definitely synthetic...
    Fact is I did not like it on myself and I would certainly not like it on anybody else either.

No. 18 by Chanel

I am turned off by myself...
    I wore Chanel No 18 for a whole day after I couldn't decide whether I like it or hate it just by swatches and I did not want to be blinded by the fact that it is Chanel and therefore has to be good.
    Now I am very certain I do not like it at all! When first putting it on there is that sour scent that is often described as fresh green or olive. I must say it has a freshness to it that is not bad in the beginning. I am not exactly a fan of sour fragrances but still gave it a chance as I was told that the sourness would fade after some time.
    Sadly it did not. All that faded was the fresh scent so the sour one was even more dominant. There were other base and middlenotes but I could not figure them out since that one scent stood out that much.
    Still there is one positive feature. This smell is definitely very unique! I would recognize it between a thousand. I cannot familiarize it with anything I have smelled before, especially the sour note, I guess there is nothing to describe it by than Chanel No 18. I only wanted a fragrance like that but now I was to find out that unfortunately this does not mean that the smell is any good.

Hypnôse by Lancôme

Very beautiful, very unique and interesting.
    Do not expect anything floral though since the scents are very well blended you will not get that dominant floral note.
    A spicy winter fragrance but a little too much for summer days.

Dior Addict 2 by Christian Dior

Fresh and summery but still not too fruity or sweet... not very floral either. There is definitely a mysterious and sexy site to it without it getting too heavy, meaning it keeps the youthful and fresh character as well.
    All in all a very good fragrance although it still did not make it into my alltime top favorites...

Cinéma by Yves Saint Laurent

Glamorous!
    It smells expensive and sophisticated, a little old fashioned but still modern and light mixed with lots of vanilla. To be honest if you do not love vanilla you are not going to like it.
    Be warned though it is very strong and dominant! I would only wear it for a night out... and preferably not in summer.

Royal Water by Creed

Wow! I love this one!
    This is going to be in my collection for quite some time! I fell in love with the beautiful citrus scents and the well blended background. It's very fresh, young and sophisticated... "Royal" says it all... it is the one and only word to describe it.
    At first I thought it was way too masculine but after I wore it for one or two ours it became a fragrance that could not have been any better!

Wild Wind by Gabriela Sabatini

This one used to be my favorite for quite some time... Imagine some flours and green scents blended with amber and vanilla. It makes it fresh, natural yet sweet and feminine fragrance, definitely very unique.
    I am missing the topnotes though, it's got quite some depth but in the upper area it is quite dull. Eventually the fade even more and the heavy amber and vanilla take over.
    On the other hand for everyday ware it might be just right since it is not too fancy and not too flashy.
    I did not get tired of it for a long time but now I must say, I think I have...

Brit by Burberry

I kind of liked the powdery and soft scent when I fist got it. And I must say I wore it for quite a while. It was nice to have a more conservative perfume for everyday occasions.
    Although I did get bored of it very easily. It is definitely missing the depth that gives it a interesting character.
    And after reading the comment about the baby nappies, I admit I like it even less...