Reviews by windfield

Axe Dark Temptation / Lynx Dark Temptation by Axe / Lynx

I bought the body spray for two dollars and I must say it was worth every dollar. It will blast you with cold mist of chocolate and raisins. After five to ten minutes, the raisin smell is gone and what's left is a light chocolate that stays close to the skin. Chocolate smell will be gone after an hour or two. Use this with Axe Dark Temptation Deodorant and you'll smell chocolate the whole day.

White Musk for Men by Body Shop

Opening note is like a dark sweet flower. I will prefer to smell this frag on a girl than on a guy. This is not for me, base is a common musky fragrance.

Subtil pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo

This cologne should have been could 'Subtle' pour Homme since subtle is how i define this fragrance. I read in Ferragamo site that ginger is present which i feel gives it a spicy aroma in the top notes. I have smell a freshly cut ginger a numerous times and I could say it is a harsh, sweet spicy frag that will turn off anyone but not as strong as red onion. Nothing to worry about since the ginger in this cologne as well as the other spices are very subtle. I agree with the other basenoters, this frag does not project but if you will like to have something for your own enjoyment try this cologne.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This fragrance would be perfect for me if not for the TAR note. First, I don't smoke and this cologne will give me an image of someone who is a regular smoker and heavy coffee drinker.lol.

After several cologne buys and trials, I realize that i love chocolate fragrances since it could blend well with my own chemistry. I also don't mind if I smell coffee as long as it is rich, bodied and fresh which so far I only find in A*men. The drydown patchouli is simply amazing, wow! and it lasts for a long time.

L'Occitan by L'Occitane

I find the opening not impressive maybe because of the pepper scent which makes it strong. The dry down was great. I could still smell the lavender notes all throughout and I could still sniff it on my wrist for six hours. The tonka and musk combination gives it a dark personality. This is the type of scent I could wear in my melancholic times. It is not loud but very intimate.
23rd January, 2009