Reviews by Zgb

Zgb's avatar
    Zgb
    Croatia Croatia

Roberto Cavalli Black by Roberto Cavalli

Great scent for dating and clubbing. Shares the vibe with Cerruti 1881 Black and YSL La nuit Del Homme.Longevity and projection are great. Better to wear it in autumn and winter. Even though it is not overly heavy, I wouldn't wear it in summer. Thumb up!

20th July, 2010

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

This is such a nice, clean, casual scent. Very lovable, easy to wear, not cloying. Great for any time of the year with decent projection and longevity. Thumbs up!

20th July, 2010

Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne

This scent reminds me greatly of Givenchy Very Irresistible For men + less heavy A*men. In fact, not really a bad scent, but then again not something I'd pursue. I'm not saying this is not worth pursuing in general, though.

03 July, 2010

Tabac Original by Mäurer & Wirtz

This fragrance is in fact dad to Azaro PH, YSL Kouros, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and Versace L'homme. Great classic with nice longevity and projection.

03 July, 2010

Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss

Now this is some very nice fragrance. Very wet indeed. Calvin Klein Truth for men is an obvious copy of this scent, so all of you Boss Elements Aqua lovers who are having problems with obtaining it, CK Truth for men is the answer. To say the truth, I was a little bit surprised when I smelled this scent. I was expecting something sharper, but it didn't dissapoint me at all, but surprised me! Couple of friends of mine were telling me that this scent was best Boss scent to them and they feel sorry it is unobtainable in Croatia. It is a very versatile fragrance good for whole year. Longevity and projection are great.

Update: This one really grew on me, distinctive and very viril, invigorating. Definitely not for winter. One will pull of maximum out this one in spring and summer.

02 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 26 February, 2011)

Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein

Green and wet, is that possible? Yes it is. I can't tell if I've ever encountered something of this kind. Unique and interesting, zesty. Longevity is very good and it doesn't lack projection. I won't say this one is a must have, but I just might add it to my collection. All in all, very good fragrance.

26 June, 2010

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

This one is dry and shares the vibe with Gucci Pour Homme I, but Dirty English is tad bit more airiy and loose whilst Gucci PH I is much more elegant. Very masculine with good longevity and a solid projection. It is not sweet or citric, that's the point. Most of the scents are either too sweet or overly citrus like. I'm not saying that this scent is very original but it is worthy of attention and possesion non the less.

19 June, 2010 (Last Edited: 17 December, 2011)

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

This one is for romantic occasion. A scent of a ˝player˝. At first it was a turn off, but when it came to drydown I loved it. A fragrance that is not for everyone, I'll agree to that.

05 June, 2010

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme by Bulgari

So elegant. This scent is not casual, it goes with the suit. I don't find it to be an evening fragrance, screams sunny day to me. Women will appreciate this one on men, I repeat men, not guys from the hood, but a man in a suit and of course this man has a proper job.

05 June, 2010

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

This scent is like a deep sea that invites you: swim, dive in, you will not regret it. This scent is not heavy, but yet it not as light and of course, it has depth and complexity. One of best aquatic scents ever. It is obvious that Acqua di Gio was a muse for this one, AdG has more of a fruity aura unlike Bvlgari Aqua.

18 May, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 November, 2010)

Adidas Fresh Impact Limited Edition by Adidas

Own this one, got it as a gift, it just ˝sits˝ there on a shelf in my bathroom, unused.
    Very fresh, sort of reminds me of Bvlgari Aqua Marine, but more fruity, yet milder and surprisingly less synthetic.

09 May, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 November, 2010)

Adidas Victory League 2006 by Adidas

Boss Bottled rip off, but a pleasant one. Discontinued? Hmmm, widely available in super markets, at least in Croatia. Not that I'd bother to own it, but I have to admit it is appealing.

09 May, 2010

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Got this one as a gift. This one is a spicy Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir without the tea note. Fragrance is not very original, so it doesn't surprise me if it strikes people as ˝I've smelled this before˝, but non the less, where it lacks originality it does not lack for quality. Evening scent that blends well even during summer nights but only up to 25℃, and in the winter this one is simply amazing. Longevity is good, projection is moderate to good. Worth owning IMHO.

30th April, 2010

Vetiver by Guerlain

What a beautiful classic creation. Masculine and fresh, elegant and kind. Love it! BUT, there's this huge BUT, I simply can't see myself wearing it. I just can't pull it off and that's that.

17 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 28 December, 2013)

Guerlain Homme L'Eau by Guerlain

Citrusy, but not boring or mainstream. Very fresh and appealing to the nose, unique and has a good quality. Scent itself has Guerlain Vetiver vibe, but it is different. Love this one, no flaws.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake

So woody and elegant, unique. I like it much more than the original version. Scent for spring, or mayhaps autumn even better. Longevity and sillage are great. Thumb up!

Versace l'Homme by Versace

Powerhouse classic of that similar vibe that Azzaro PH, Paco Rabanne PH and YSL Kouros have. Strong, masculine, potent, sharp with great projection and longevity. Scent for real men, not for teenagers and metrosexuals, or emos.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This scent has the same vibe as Givenchy Blue label, but it is less synthetic. Longevity is more or less ok, but projection is rather weak. This is quite much of a -close to skin- scent. In general this is not something one has never smelt before + moderate longevity + weak projection.

16 April, 2010

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

If by some great misfortune I'd be deprived of Zino by Zino Davidoff, I'd definitely look up to Armani Attitude which I consider a very good copy of Zino. Even though a copy, I must say a good one, and this scent deserves thumb up based on a fact that Zino is being discontinued.

10th April, 2010 (Last Edited: 08 March, 2011)

Blue Jeans by Versace

Powdery Vanilla-ish scent for colder weather. Not bad at all, even though it s not very masculine scent. It's price is low, but non the less this is not a low quality fragrance. Not in particular that I'd strive to have it in my collection, but I cannot say this would never have a place in it.

10th April, 2010

Lagerfeld Classic by Lagerfeld

Lagerfeld has this vibe that Azzaro PH, Paco Rabanne PH and YSL Kouros have, but unlike the three mentiond, it is sweet! You can pull this one off only during cold days and evening in particular. Classic indeed, and with a style! Thumb up.

Update: this one is in my book one of those "I don't need this one", but each time I spray it on, I change my mind and decide to keep it. It makes wonders in winter, powerhouse frag, as powerfull as Joop! Homme.

08 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 31st January, 2012)

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Very classy, smooth, warm. I really like this scent, but its projection and longevity are rather weak, so I'm rating it neutral. To bad it is not more potent.

06 April, 2010

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

So elegant that it hurts. When I tried it, I knew I was going to own this one. Spring scent in my opinion. Blends well in not too warm, and not too cold weather. This is by no means casual scent. I'm not really a fan soapy scents in general, but this one is special.

06 April, 2010

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

Firstly, I have to say this scent is very unique, definitely. Then I have to say it doesn't appeal to me the least bit. Longevity great, sillage quite solid. Scent itself smells very artifical, but in a futuristicly unique way. I can easily assume that this one could have as much as haters as much as it has lovers. I understand why one might love this one, but alas I don't share that love.

04 April, 2010

Hot Water by Davidoff

Transparent name, I'll agree to that. But also, the scent itself is quite fine. Sweet oriental, a bit cold too - not as nearly hot. If I was a complete beginner, I'd rate this scent way high. I think it doesn't deserve that much negative reviews, or to say properly it doesn't deserve 6:1, in favour to negative, ratio. In general, there is nothing wrong in finding this scent appealing, in fact it does appeal me, but not to an extent that I might consider owning it.

03 April, 2010

Aqua pour Homme Marine by Bulgari

Lemonade on my skin. Utterly lacks that uniqueness and depth the original has. This is very fresh, and longevity is great, but it blends with my skin as an uninteresting , synthetic lemonade without sugar.

31st March, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 November, 2010)

Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein

This is really not bad. Although it has nothing to do with original Obsession for men that I like and find much better. Longevity of this scent is quite good, sillage isweak to moderate. Scent itself is tad bit dark and mystical and my nose smells sweet leather and almonds here. Doubtly I'll own it, but it deserves a thumb up.

27 March, 2010

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

Oh, hell no! This is gross on my skin. So loud, so soapy as some kind of caustic washing dish detergent. Highly ˝corrosive˝ smell on my skin and it gives me a headache. Longevity and sillage are great, but this scent makes me utterly sick.

27 March, 2010

Brit for Men by Burberry

Sweet, powdery and thick. I like it, not more than London though. It is worth of owning definitely! This is not a warm weather scent, it seems to me that it blends perfectly during autumn, winter and early spring. Scent doesn't really strike as overly masculine, it trys, it fails, but not completely. Longevity and projection are both great on my skin.

Edit: ok, I really liked this one at first but then it began to annoy me a little bit. It became a thick, powdery nuisance all of a sudden to me. I'm on a verge of getting rid of it.

26 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 November, 2010)

Nightflight by Joop!

So fresh and zesty. Great scent for summer evenings. Longevity and projection are outstanding, but I have to add - in winter. During summer times projection is great for the first 3 hours and after that it's quite downhills as scent dissipates rather quickly. Even though fresh oriental that is supposed to be worn in summer time, it does quite a good job during winter as it cuts through the cold air. There is a certain connection with Davidoff Cool Water about Nightlight, but Nightflight is zestier in it's sweetness. I'd recommend this one to anyone. This is not an unnoticable fragrance, people will comment about this one, and positively...girls, no doubt about it.

22 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 November, 2011)