Reviews by Zgb

Zgb's avatar
    Zgb
    Croatia Croatia

Eau Sauvage Extrême by Christian Dior

Well it incredibly reminds of Azzaro Pour Homme.It reminds to an such extent that even I, after some experience and no longer being such a newb, could say that Sauvage Extreme is just a copy of Azzaro Pour Homme with a hint of leather and a hint too less to make it an entirely different fragrance with a soul of its own.

Now don't get me wrong, this fragrance is quite much old school high quality. Very potent, masculine, great longevity and sillage, but alas not original the one least bit.

05 January, 2011

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

Thumb down: I have a good skin, most scents last on me quite a while, even those with wich there is a general longevity problem. But this fragrance dissipated rather fast after first application and that left me baffled. Too bad. They really blew it with this one.

Edit, thumb up: damn I was wrong! This scent is in fact very projective and has a very good longevity despite the fact it is ''airy'' scent. It is perfect for spring and one can feel that distinctive Bvlgari style in this scent. It is quite elegant and not in your face kind of smell, yet it'll create quite an aura around you. Must have been that I didn't test it properly the first time I've tried it.

23 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2011)

Once Upon a Time pour Homme by Kenzo

Soft scent, has Kenzo PH vibe but they're not the same and it is a bit dark scent. Very decent and a bit spicy. I wouldn't rush to buy it, but I wouldn't discard it if I got it as a gift. Longevity is ok, projection is somewhat limited.

07 December, 2010

Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss

My friend has a little tester. It seemed great and promising when I was smelling it out of the tester, but when I put it on my skin it turned into something very heavy Fahrenheit like (I hate Fahrenheit), but tad sweeter. Although I have to admit that the scent is very unique, it doesn't appeal to me the least bit.

03 December, 2010

Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro

This is a sweeter take of original Azzaro Pour Homme. For romantic occasions, evening, clubbing. If you own original Azzaro then I don't think it's worth to own this one as well.
    I was expecting much more, yet I can't say I'm dissapointed, BUT I can't rate it positively, I just can't. There is nothing original about this scent.

02 December, 2010

Ferré for Him by Gianfranco Ferré

In initial blast it reminds me of Dior Homme a lot, but that fades fast and this becomes rather cozy, sensual, masculine, sexy scent. It is not a wild beast, don't expect great projection but you'll feel it from time to time and it'll surprise you! Longevity is around 8+ hours. Very good fragrance!

01st December, 2010

Le Male Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier

More modern take on old Le Male. Pepper and citrus are quite a good match for the rest of the game in this. This one is great and will be liked by those who did not like old Le Male. As for me, I like the old one and it'll always be a part of my collection.

Update - did this scent rattle the cages? Not really and I'm not saying this on account here being to few reviews of it despite that enough time has passed while this juice was around. It didn't take much for me to get rid of it, albeit my review about is still positive. I don't miss it at all. What I need from this type of scent I can easily get from the original, or from YSL Body Kouros. Le Male Terrible remains unrecognized if not shunned even, it'd seem.

15 November, 2010 (Last Edited: 24 February, 2012)

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Thumb down: I'm dissapointed. Incredible how much actually this fragrance is more refined and upgraded version of Boss Bottled Night. This house tries to follow trends obviously, not it's nose. Let us hope it is the first and the last mistake. Citrusy scent with incense in the background and also something sharp and bitter that reeks of synthetic I'm afraid. Marketing shows a city during night, well the scent really gives this dark-ish aura but there is absolutely nothing that distinguishes this fragrance in terms ˝I'm Chanel˝, no this fragrance when smelled says ˝I'm something trendy, don't you like me?˝ No, as a matter of fact I don't like you. If you were Davidoff, Clavin Klein or Hugo Boss I would have liked you because then it would make sense to me.

Thumb up: geez I was harsh. Zealously harsh, obviously. This scent is much better than described, though Bottled Night connection remains, Chanel Bleu sits well with me now to a point I think I might own it. Still, not a hype or anything groundbreaking, however it took me some time to come to realise that this scent has something about it that makes me wanna wear it and makes me feel good. Strange, I know. Back then I just bashed it for being uninspiring, now I see and appreciate its complexity.

09 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 21st June, 2012)

Bang by Marc Jacobs

This scent is all about pepper. It reminds quite much of Le Male Terrible and Azzaro Visit because of that same pepper note. There is also something green-ish about it, the rest of the basenotes are lost in this huge amount of pepper. Longevity and projection are quite satisfying but I would not rush to buy this. If got it as a gift I'd keep it for a while before passing it to someone else. I'm sure it'll find plenty of noses wich will appreciate it. I do agree it is a night out scent.

09 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 11th December, 2011)

Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Airy, sweet like a clean white sheet on a wind or a white greek temple with all the white sculptures in it. Diesel Plus Plus masculine is a very good copy of this fragrance.

09 October, 2010

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Such a nice citrusy, spicy, woody composition. No wonder this is a signature scent for many men out there. Very masculine, potent, elegant. A masterpiece.

25 September, 2010

Encre Noire pour Elle by Lalique

I tried this accidentally. I find it very unique but not appealing. This scent strikes me as very depressing. Reminds of graveyard, funeral in autumn, empty, dark and pristine appartment.

22 September, 2010

Chrome Sport by Azzaro

This one reminds a bit of the original, the metalic note remains but it is a bit colder. One might get an impression that this is watered down original Chrome, but it is not. If old Chrome was too strong to you, Sport version is the deal. It has a good projection and longevity for a light scent. All in all not a failure like most of new scents are these days.

17 September, 2010

Boss Bottled Night by Hugo Boss

What a let down. I was expecting this fragrance to be warm and sensual but it turned out to be Bvlgari Aqua rip off with a violet note. Original Boss Bottled is great and this has nothing to do with it. This one is truly for the masses.

Diesel Zero Plus by Diesel

Such a shame it is discontinued. Such a cinnamon gem this scent is! I was planning to own it. I hope I get lucky even though it is discontinued.

Diesel Plus Plus by Diesel

Very interesting, sort of coconut, creamy scent that gets attention. Diesel plus (the red flask) is cinnamon-ish and I kind of like it even more. I might add that one too to my collection. I'm quite surprised about that two.

Baldessarini Del Mar by Baldessarini

Casual, mature, sophisticated. Scent that emulates sea, coast, sea shells. I see many negative reviews here. Mayhaps most of reviewers were would prefer Marbella edition of the scent, wich I myself consider an upgrade of this one.

Update 16.06.2014.

I see this fragrance now from a little bit different perspective. Salty sweet fragrance that could fulfill your tropical experience. There is a slight connection with Boss Elements Aqua but also YSL L'Homme Libre. I'm not saying Del Mar smells anything like them but it does share the style of the former mention. As per Elements Aqua, Del Mar is also a very smooth, spicy fragrance. As per YSL L'Homme Libre, Del Mar has that clam shell, fruity, warm shallow water and sandy beach type character, that is what impression it makes and also the marketing is compatible with it. Not only does the marketing imply what I've written but the fragrance actually backs it up. In my firs review I've mentioned Del Mar Marbella Edition and I have to admit that Marbella Edition has its charms. Del Mar would be your daily, open shirt fragrance and Marbella Edition would be your dusk, evening and night scent. Unfortunately I see Del Mar is quite bashed and I find this rather too harsh. One of the reasons being is that Baldessarini is Hugo Boss brand which definitely makes Baldessarini line stigmatized.

16 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 June, 2014)

Baldessarini Ambré by Baldessarini

Pleasant, bit seductive and luxurious, quite refined. To an extent this one shares a vibe with CH 212 for men but unlike 212 this one is a bit darker and more elegant.

I tested it again and oh boy I liked it even more. It's not that impressive, but this certain whisky undertone, somewhat overall woody - boozy scent is that I find amusing and attention worthy. Longevity is more than good, projection too. It is quite elegant and exclusively for autumn or winter wear with proper attire as there is nothing casual about this scent.

16 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 04 May, 2012)

Baldessarini Del Mar Marbella by Baldessarini

This one is a keeper. Great scent for any season. Very masculine, yet quite casual. One of underrated ones that is lost in the mass of oversaturated market.

16 August, 2010

L'Essence de Cerutti by Cerruti

Elegant, masculine, serious leather scent. Worn by men that are unflappable achievers. This creation is probably the best from this house.

L'essence de Cerruti Pour Homme shares the vibe with L'instant de Guerlain Pour Homme and Baldessarini Cologne, however is not a copy of former mentioned and offers the same quality that Guerlain offers + is more long lasting than Baldessarini. Most of all it's incredible how cheap Cerruti is, cheap in price but only in price and not cheap in any other sense. I'm puzzled that this scent is not more known or talked about more. Quite off the radar which is a shame.

15 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 06 December, 2012)

Allure Homme by Chanel

Beautiful, spicy, sweet, elegant and so well rounded! A masterpiece of a scent with good longevity and sillage. This is a classic anyone should try and own at least once in a lifetime.

12 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2012)

Boss Number One by Hugo Boss

Incredible, I can't believe this is a Boss scent. Masculine smell of honey with spicy/woody touch to it. This scent is very elegant. For the office or even romantic occasion. Longevity and sillage are very good. Definitely thumb up!

08 August, 2010

Roberto Cavalli Black by Roberto Cavalli

Great scent for dating and clubbing. Shares the vibe with Cerruti 1881 Black and YSL La nuit Del Homme.Longevity and projection are great. Better to wear it in autumn and winter. Even though it is not overly heavy, I wouldn't wear it in summer. Thumb up!

20th July, 2010

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

This is such a nice, clean, casual scent. Very lovable, easy to wear, not cloying. Great for any time of the year with decent projection and longevity. Thumbs up!

20th July, 2010

Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne

This scent reminds me greatly of Givenchy Very Irresistible For men + less heavy A*men. In fact, not really a bad scent, but then again not something I'd pursue. I'm not saying this is not worth pursuing in general, though.

03 July, 2010

Tabac Original by Mäurer & Wirtz

This fragrance is in fact dad to Azaro PH, YSL Kouros, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and Versace L'homme. Great classic with nice longevity and projection.

03 July, 2010

Elements Aqua by Hugo Boss

Now this is some very nice fragrance. Very wet indeed. Calvin Klein Truth for men is an obvious copy of this scent, so all of you Boss Elements Aqua lovers who are having problems with obtaining it, CK Truth for men is the answer. To say the truth, I was a little bit surprised when I smelled this scent. I was expecting something sharper, but it didn't dissapoint me at all, but surprised me! Couple of friends of mine were telling me that this scent was best Boss scent to them and they feel sorry it is unobtainable in Croatia. It is a very versatile fragrance good for whole year. Longevity and projection are great.

Update: This one really grew on me, distinctive and very viril, invigorating. Definitely not for winter. One will pull of maximum out this one in spring and summer.

02 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 26 February, 2011)

Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein

Green and wet, is that possible? Yes it is. I can't tell if I've ever encountered something of this kind. Unique and interesting, zesty. Longevity is very good and it doesn't lack projection. I won't say this one is a must have, but I just might add it to my collection. All in all, very good fragrance.

26 June, 2010

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

This one is dry and shares the vibe with Gucci Pour Homme I, but Dirty English is tad bit more airiy and loose whilst Gucci PH I is much more elegant. Very masculine with good longevity and a solid projection. It is not sweet or citric, that's the point. Most of the scents are either too sweet or overly citrus like. I'm not saying that this scent is very original but it is worthy of attention and possesion non the less.

19 June, 2010 (Last Edited: 17 December, 2011)

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

This one is for romantic occasion. A scent of a ˝player˝. At first it was a turn off, but when it came to drydown I loved it. A fragrance that is not for everyone, I'll agree to that.

05 June, 2010