Reviews by Zowiee

Himalaya by Creed

Almost love it, but seems to veer close to GIT, which I do love, so no need to invest in both. Try each before buying, as you may decide the mountains are better than the tweed. Himalaya is truly a wonderful scent, though. I simply prefer Green Irish Tweed.
07th May, 2017

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

A sublime work of art, a timeless concerto, a treasure worth finding. Elegance through simplicity in the notes. Thank you J. G.
06th May, 2017

Yatagan by Caron

Fabulous scent, just fabulous! The whole is much more than the sum of the individual notes, and there are notes aplenty! The fragrance seems to continually revolve around the heart and basenotes. Top notes do stay for a long time, which is a plus! Quite an alchemy of scents, a fragrance elixir I adore!
05th May, 2017 (last edited: 11th May, 2017)

Vetiver by Guerlain

One of my all time favs! Reformulated or not, it's magnificent IMHO. This would make my top 10 list, possibly a top 5 fragrance!
The initial blast reminds me of cinnamon toothpicks (do they still make them!?) from my youth. Then, through the dry-down this fragrance remains phenomenal. It lasts all day into the evening on me. And for that, I am thankful.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 07th May, 2017)

Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

Excellent fragrance. Love the fresh lemon and orange notes. Great longevity without being overwhelming. I have a vintage bottle of Eau De Patou and there is a similar vibe between the two. BpH is worlds away from Jaipur, which I adore. BpH IS great on its own merits.
28th April, 2017

Number 3 / Le 3me Homme / The Third Man by Caron

Excellent warm weather scent. I happened to love lavender, so this one excels. Just a well-done fougrere, not too hard, not too soft- just right. Bravo!
22nd April, 2017

Antaeus by Chanel

Love this fragrance. Thankfully it's not the beast of the 80's! Still a beautifully balanced warm and woodsy scent. I actually prefer the modern version.
21st April, 2017

Héritage by Guerlain

Ah, Spaceblues I wish I would have listened. I purchased a FB of the perfume strength. I cannot believe how wonderful the scent, but how short-lived it is. Fame is fleeting...all too fast.
17th April, 2017 (last edited: 28th April, 2017)

Lauder for Men by Estée Lauder

Too bad, so sad it's such a weak fragrance. Skin scent after about an hour. Smells great, but is so underwhelming compared to its other fragrance siblings.
06th April, 2017

Havana by Aramis

Powerful masculine scent with an overwhelming cornucopia of spectacular notes that are amazing! Perfect for my Florida weather all year long. This is SOME juice!
06th April, 2017

No. 5 by Chanel

Timeless and extraordinary, say no more...
04th April, 2017

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir by Christian Dior

Great fragrance for the warm Florida climate. A light leather "jacket" envelopes with some nice citrus. Longevity I'd above average for me, with soft sillage. I have been nursing this bottle for almost 10 years, with about 1/3rd left! So glad I purchased a full bottle.
01st April, 2017

Patchouli Intense / Patchouli Homme by Nicolaï

Big bold opening with a luxurious rose and cinnamon dry down which then morphs to a patchouli/frankincense/sandalwood scent that is glorious. Fragrance last a long time on me.
30th March, 2017

Bel Ami by Hermès

Love this one for its "strength of character". Beautifully masculine from start to finish with longer than average performance. I have a bottle each of the vintage and non- vintage, with the newer version a bit sharper in a good way. Imagine that!
26th March, 2017

JHL by Aramis

Bold and smooth fragrance that I adore. All the notes flow together in an aromatic symphony, while at the same time each note is there, ready for a solo. On my skin the fir, rose, patchouli and sandalwood seem to be the dominate notes, but I can smell the others. Quite an amazing fragrance, for a great price in today's bevy of overpriced and underperforming fragrances.
25th March, 2017

Rochas Man by Rochas

Sensual and lush mocha and vanilla, just as the note pyramid indicates. Love this fragrance!
20th March, 2017

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Love this fragrance. Beware of the initial blast, though! A light touch is best for this juice. Bitter herb opening softens to wonderful violet and woody notes that on me, seem to morph back and forth with the rose and moss notes. I adore how it seems to change over it's long-life. May not be for everyone, but is is for me!

L'Occitan by L'Occitane

Incredible fragrance of crisp black pepper with lavender and cedar woods. "It just smells great". That comfort fragrance for me. Longevity, for me is all day, with moderate projection.

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Love both the vintage and current version. The vintage was great "back then", but the current version is really solid for what a men's fragrance can smell like today. No need to have roaring "fume-bombs" for every fragrance!
I love the interplay of the top notes as they morph into the lavender and geranium heart.
For those who smell similarities to Azzaro PH, sorry I just don't smell it. And I love APH.

Ma Liberté by Jean Patou

Beautiful, just beautiful. Citrus lavender rose opening with a great dry down to the basenotes which are perfectly blended to reflect more than the individual notes. Too bad, so sad it's not produced today.
17th March, 2017

Lapidus pour Homme by Ted Lapidus

WOW! It's literally a blast for the opening. STRONG FRAGRANCE. Be careful where you wear it! I love it!
08th March, 2017

Eau de Cade by L'Occitane

Very nice fragrance! Love the notes which smell natural and clean. Love the cedar wood and pepper notes as they dry down into the Cade wood and iris. This is a great casual, blue jeans type of fragrance it also reminds me of Blackwing pencil shavings, the cedar wood notes, that is. Good stuff with above average staying power for me.
01st March, 2017

Wode by Boudicca

To use a technical term...STINKY
24th February, 2017

Oscar for Men by Oscar de la Renta

Beautiful...
Spectacular citrus & pepper opening
Love the heart notes and how the intermingle so well
Basenotes are bold without being overpowering

For me this fragrance will definitely be in my fragrance wardrobe rotation
23rd February, 2017

Oscar de la Renta pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta

One of my all time favorites. It's elegant and spectacular at the same time. You buy it for a song, which you'll be singing once you appreciate this master fragrance.
18th February, 2017

Chrome by Azzaro

Resort scent at a recent Bahamian stay. Love it for warm weather beach scent. Every time I wear it, I go back...
13th February, 2017

Aramis by Aramis

Been years since I have worn this fragrance, but picked up a bottle based on reviews and past experience. My wife used to beg me to wear this, so I did. Don't know why I stopped (due to too many other fragrances no doubt), but now I wearing it again! A fantastic fragrance at a fantastic price! What's not to love?!
08th February, 2017

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

Been wearing this fragrance since 1978. Discovered it in Madrid, Spain and have been wearing it, on and off, ever since. It just a great, classically beautiful fragrance.
08th October, 2016

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Spectacular! I needed to wear it multiple times before I could really begin to appreciate this complex fragrance. I started noticing how the top notes would settle-down and the base notes would then appear and last a really long time for me- and I really love the base notes!
09th August, 2014 (last edited: 29th November, 2014)

New-York by Nicolaï

Love it! took me a few wearings to really love this one, as I did smell similarities to a few other fragrances (BdP & a bit of Oscar Por Lui). But, it really is unique and I find myself wearing it often!
14th January, 2012