Reviews by Monsieur Alex

Monsieur Alex's avatar
    Monsieur Alex

Pour Un Homme by Caron

Delightful and unique blend of lavender and vanilla; a little understated as long as you don't overapply it. This is the essence of a magnificent man's EDT from France. As some point out, it is not for the faint at heart and it may be too "powdery" for others but for me it is a haunting and magnificent fragrance I can't be without.

20th May, 2009

Eau France by Molinard

Light, refreshing scent suitable for men and women. Reminds me of my summer holidays in Provence and the lemon trees of Menton on the Franco-Italian border. Doesn't last forever but it is an eau de cologne after all. O-o-h-la-la. Vive Molinard!

17 April, 2009

Open by Roger & Gallet

Way too strong, heavy and unpleasant. Prepared for the days of smoky bars in the Sixties in Europe when full ashtrays were everywhere. It even lists 'tobacco' as an ingredient. I wouldn't recommend it. I gave my bottle away.

25 January, 2009

Lavande Royale by Roger & Gallet

A very nice fragrance from Roger et Gallet. Be sure and use the EDC (spectacular!) and not the EDT (too heavy!) which is what I suspect some of the folks with negative comments here may have tried. Unlike the sweet compound lavender of L'Occitane that adds marigold and peach making it impossible for a man to wear this is essential lavender at its best. Raw, light and bracing. No, it doesn't last forever but R&G eau de colognes aren't supposed to send people running from the room. If you like a basic lavender cologne, this one is hot!

25 January, 2009 (Last Edited: 26 June, 2009)