Reviews by maltatude

Armani Privé Eau de Jade by Giorgio Armani

To me... after an hour or so... it smells just like L'eau Par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo...
12th October, 2009

Forever and Ever Dior by Christian Dior

I love this perfume! Sweet, fruity floral but put together beautifully. It smells like a juicy, delicious rose mixed with other pretty things. I actually smelt this perfume on a girl on the bus but didn't ask her what it was - I assumed it would be a Christian Dior fragrance and I was right thankfully. Otherwise I could be without my favourite perfume in my collection right now.

For those that find rose notes overpowering, Forever and Ever has managed to avoid including the punged whoa factor in that note. The rest of the notes come together beautifully. This is not some deep, heady fragrance with white flowers and dryness - it's sweet, juicy, pretty but in my opinion still retains sophistication.

30th April, 2008

Diamant by Fragonard

Ohhhhhh it's so yummy and sweet yet sophisticated. This is the sweet, carefree sister of Coco Mademoiselle.
13th January, 2008

Carolina by Carolina Herrera

This is not bad but it doesn't last at all!! It's cheaper than it's Chanel sisters but personally I would rather spend the extra cash on Coco Mademoiselle.

If anyone wants to swap something with my bottle of Carolina - let me know!
22nd December, 2007

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

I really love this one of my best friend.

When I first smelt it I was kind of taken by it but I wasn't sure - it had a rather musky sporty kind of smell. It has grown on me a lot (perhaps because of who wears it).

If you like musk - you should like this. I agree with anyone else who has noted this also - it has a unisex appeal.
14th December, 2007

Liberté by Cacharel

Sweet... Orangey... Gourmand...

I really enjoy wearing this when I feel like something sweet and delicious on my skin.

Worth a try if you are into gourmand and you are looking for something along the lines of Fantasy by Britney Spears but have a sweet tooth for icing sugar and oranges.
11th December, 2007

Provocative Interlude by Elizabeth Arden

I agree with the gourmand part, it kind of dries down and after 1 hour smells vaguely similar to Pink Sugar.

Not my thing, I like gourmand but I am getting bored with it. It's so worth a try if you are into sweet fragrances.

Fantasy by Britney Spears

TOTALLY DELICIOUS - i will never wear it thought... every 14 year old girl has it.

I wish it had been put under a different name :-(

Vintage Gardenia with Cardamom & Myrrh by Jo Malone

I reluctantly tried this on my skin. Think Versace Blond but a lot LOT nicer.

Never going to be for me, but it is very nice as far as gardenia goes so if you love gardenia, definitely try it out.

Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden

I love the way it smells 45 minutes later - it becomes rather yummy and semi sweet, semi watery fresh.

I am keen to try it out again.

Nectarine Blossom & Honey by Jo Malone

Too sweet and fruity :-(

It's definitely pleasant and I wouldnt mind this on someone else.

Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani

This is so sophisticated and pleasant - I have never been a white flowers person either. I wear this and feel absolutely beautiful.

You can feel the white flowers but they dont take over, they just mingle amongst the sweet soft notes so well.

It did take some getting used to - only because how different it is to my normal picks (sweet, woody, crisp).

This is my next purchase for sure.

Black Vetyver Café by Jo Malone

OH MY GOODNESS - YUM! I'm in my 20s and this is just so yum. Think sensual, deep, warm smelling. It reminds me of incense or something woody but not burnt incense.

I am not good with these things but it's so delicious and I imagine would go nicely with the Rose one that is available.

I'm so going to buy this!

Red Roses by Jo Malone

This is a beautiful rose scent. I would be inclined to mix it with something else though. It's just so well balanced - but perfect for layering.

L - L.A.M.B by Gwen Stefani

Fruit soap... not bad but nothing special in my opinion. Perfect for the younger market - its not offensive and smells pleasant.

Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden

I agree with the previous post - it takes awhile for the scent to become noticeable. It's really worth trying. I have worn a sample of it on a few occasions and I want to love it, but I think I'd love it better on someone else.

It's so nice, I just prefer gourmand or crisp fruity woody orientals personally.

Fuel For Life pour Femme by Diesel

This is not bad. It has a powdery soapy smell similar to Hugo Boss (Woman?). It also has some element of fruit - a fragrance i'd like on someone else as I dont like soapy scents.

I kept sniffing at the card and its really good, just not my style.

Dune by Christian Dior

Definately a strong scent. I am probably too young for this fragrance but I did like the top notes and how it developed. Later on it started to remind me of an aftershave my father once wore, which didnt appeal to me but would be something i'd appreciate on someone else perhaps.

Stella by Stella McCartney

Stella is a great fragrance for anyone who loves to smell simply of roses. I only ever use this when i blend it with other fragrances because its a bit simple for me, but it comes through nicely. Stella isnt complicated or headache inducing but you need to like the smell of rose.

Jil Sander Woman Pure (new) by Jil Sander

Pure could grow on me to some degree but its not a scent that makes me feel amazing or distinct. I feel kind of unsure and only half complete - the way it smells.

It is a clean smell, I wouldnt mind a handwash that smelt like this as it is not offensive or vulgar. It's just lacks that special something and any dimension. It smells the same pretty much until it disappears.

Rush 2 by Gucci

I absolutely love the smell of this fragrance, it's citrus and so yum - but it doesnt last at all! On skin or clothes... its so disappointing :-(

Flirtissimo by Luciano Soprani

Sweet but uninspiring and I love my gourmand fragrances. It was recommended to me as a cheaper version of Flowerbomb. I don't know so much.

Omnia Crystalline by Bulgari

So lovely and clean smelling. My boyfriend bought this for me. Initially I wasnt so keen as I prefer sweeter scents but it is so beautiful and pleasant I wear it all the time, especially for office wear.

Rockin' Rio by Escada

A scent that conforms to mediocrity. Very average and smells like everything else directed at the teenage market.

Echo Woman by Davidoff

Very average. For the person who wants to smells like everyone else.

Divine by Revlon

I love this on the occasion. It is a floral but a sweet floral scent. Everyday wear and the deodorant spray is great!

Mauboussin by Mauboussin

I absolutely love this perfume (in EDP). LOVE LOVE LOVE not a summer scent though.

Eternity by Calvin Klein

I usually steer clear of white flowers and those floral smells but I really love this perfume. I think its really in the nose of the beholder and I get compliments from both sexes. I can see how it could be abused and have the capacity to floor a small village though.

Touch of Pink by Lacoste

I find the florals in this perfume a bit too heady for my tastes. My perfumes seem to always have a citrus top note with some vanilla lurking around so perhaps that's what persuaded me apart from the fact that this perfume cost around $25 for 50mL. Although it's not something I love to death or favour over my others, it is tolerable, pleasant and has alright lasting power and no odd suprises - a frequent traveller in my handbag. Funnily enough my boyfriend absolutely loves this fragrance on me and I have received quite a few compliments on it.
18th March, 2007

Rush for Men by Gucci

This for me is a sexy perfume. It smells of the sweetest sweat on a man once it starts working with his body chemistry (provided his body chemistry works with the scent). In my opinion this is a masculine scent for a man who has strength, sex appeal and a bit of attitude. On a metro, weedy or girly guy it doesnt seem to work.
18th March, 2007